Maine-RC-Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Radio controlled racing

WWW.MAINERC.COM Welcome to the Maine R/C forum Register Today! WWW.MAINERC.COM

Clik on the Hobbyshops and Tracks links Please support your local hobby shop

Maximus R/C Raceway races every Wednesday night at 7 pm. & Saturdays at 5 pm

Evolution Hobbies and Raceway in Casco Maine. Outdoor Off Road Racing Sundays Spring Through Fall

GRANITE LEISURE TIME WEEKLY RACING ON FRIDAYS DOORS @ 5 RACING @ 7 AND SUNDAYS DOORS @ 12 RACING @ 1 PAN CAR, LEGENDS, SCT, 2WD BUGGY & VATERRA RALLY.

RAY & ROBBINS INDOOR OFF ROAD RACING TUESDAYS @ 6:30 ON ROAD RACING EVERY OTHER THURSDAY @ 6:30 (CALL STORE)

T&J R/C RACEWAY NOW OPEN IN WESTBROOK! INDOOR DIRT OVAL.

Latest topics

» for sale assoc. t5m stuff
baja  guy looking for some one to run with EmptySun May 06, 2018 3:32 pm by legend61

» dieing out ?
baja  guy looking for some one to run with EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 4:43 pm by bob.less13

» assoc.b5mbuggy
baja  guy looking for some one to run with EmptyTue Oct 10, 2017 11:23 pm by legend61

» looking to sell
baja  guy looking for some one to run with EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 5:05 pm by truck2552

» Thank you to all who attended
baja  guy looking for some one to run with EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 6:03 pm by iceman48

» This Sunday Sammy's Bash @ R&R's
baja  guy looking for some one to run with EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 10:50 am by iceman48

» One month to the first R&R bash 8-20-17
baja  guy looking for some one to run with EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 8:36 am by legend61

» assoc.b5m buggy
baja  guy looking for some one to run with EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 7:19 pm by truck2552

» Bash day August 20th @ Ray and Robins.
baja  guy looking for some one to run with EmptyFri Jun 02, 2017 5:54 pm by iceman48

UPCOMING R/C EVENTS

Ray & Robbins Hobby Center - Falmouth

RC Excitement - Fitchburg Mass.

Breakneck R/C - Livermore Falls

+5
dedeye
gagallagher04401
ZLB
Fastleft
freelife04239
9 posters

baja guy looking for some one to run with

freelife04239
    freelife04239

baja  guy looking for some one to run with Empty baja guy looking for some one to run with

Post by freelife04239 Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:51 pm

MY father has a nice baja ss but is looking for some one to run with or a track that will let him run cause them bajas tear stuff up. His yahoo name is toyota04239@yahoo.com he is on messenger also he lives in jay maine
    freelife04239
    freelife04239

baja  guy looking for some one to run with Empty Re: baja guy looking for some one to run with

Post by freelife04239 Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:17 pm

I know there is has to be another baja out there
    Fastleft
    Fastleft

baja  guy looking for some one to run with Empty Baja racin!

Post by Fastleft Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:07 am

I have one, and we will be racing them on the oval at old cedar speedway real soon!! we have a group thats coming up from NH to run with us also,We will be posting a date on the Old Cedar speedway thread so keep checking there
    freelife04239
    freelife04239

baja  guy looking for some one to run with Empty Re: baja guy looking for some one to run with

Post by freelife04239 Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:09 am

sweet ill let him know for sure thanks for letting me know
    ZLB
    ZLB

Post by ZLB Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:18 pm

Free's old man is a great guy you guys will like him.
    gagallagher04401
    gagallagher04401

Post by gagallagher04401 Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:49 am

Hey guys

I am located in East Millinocket, Maine. no one around here is into RC, it sucks. I have been into it for over 10 years, had electric nitro,gas. i also fly planes.
    I would love to find some people to bash with, and get something started, trying to get more people interested, setup demos/racing events at town events so people can see what RC is about and how to get into it. It woul be much funner with more people, and a great way to meet new people, and make some new friends.

Take care
    ttyl
    George
    dedeye
    dedeye

Post by dedeye Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:41 pm

Dig out your Baja or King Motors buggy ,throw some street tires on it and get ready to race Boys! We are going to be running them on the paved oval at Old Cedar Speedway.
    If you haven't been here to see these and the quarter scale cars go you haven't seen racing. This is as real as racing gets with a radio in your hand we guarantee it!
    freelife04239
    freelife04239

Post by freelife04239 Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:33 pm

I would like to get a group together and hit the fair this year. See if we can do some expo with big jumps and stunts stuf like that would be cool. Also if we had a hobby shop back us alittle would be great advertising. The should even have some rtrs to sell bet a few would sell after a cool show
    bajamike207

baja  guy looking for some one to run with Empty baja guy

Post by bajamike207 Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:05 pm

wat do i need to set up my baja to run on paved oval??? can i get int it cheap? (as far as set up)?? sounds fun.
    Fastleft
    Fastleft

Post by Fastleft Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:00 am

bajamike207 wrote:wat do i need to set up my baja to run on paved oval??? can i get int it cheap? (as far as set up)?? sounds fun.
    they are pretty good on the track right out of the box just bolt on a set of the hpi Tarmacs or a set of Hostile slicks,,if you want to make it even better a swaybar in the rear.
    Last year we did some testing and the bone stock 23cc engine in my stock 5b ran just as fast as a baja with a 30cc engine with a tuned pipe and other mods,,the track is all about driving and handeling with these big cars, there are 5 of us right now all geard up to run at Old cedar,we are going to be running basicly stock bajas with tarmac tires, we are going to make some home-made modified bodys out of sheet lexan just for fun, if you dont want to change your buggy at all and just run it stock you wont be dissapointed,,these things are BIG fun!!
    shawnc
    shawnc

Post by shawnc Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:29 am

hey new guy here, just bought a baja and blew the motor, can anyomne help derect me in the right direction to get a new engine. i looked at alot of stuff on ddm racing and oniel brothers. i want something at around 300.00 and i would like it to go good. i dont do alot of jumping cause i dont like breaking stuff, but i do like running on sand dirt grass and stuff. can someone help. im new to this part of the hobby. ive been in the hoibby for about 10 years now and ive owned alot of traxxas hpi, and losi stuff.. i just got into the 2 stroke 1/5 scale so go easy on me lol.. anything helps.. thanks.. shawn
    freelife04239
    freelife04239

Post by freelife04239 Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:42 am

how did you blow the motor on that wow them things are tuff
    shawnc
    shawnc

Post by shawnc Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:55 am

i didnt mean to lol.. iu was haing so much fun.. my first gas job, and it went. i was like come on... its in pieces.. sadly.. waiting on a new engine and chassis
    dedeye
    dedeye

Post by dedeye Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:51 am

shawnc,
    You want to have some real fun with that rig?
    Slam a set of tarmac tires on it and bring it to Old Cedar Speedway some Sunday.
    We are going to have a blast with them!
    We have 5 running so far and a lot of interest in RACING them on asphalt.
    As far as motor, Try Ebay.
    The 29 cc motors run anywhere from 95.00 to 250.00 depending on what you want. Racing here we have found not a bit of difference from the 23 cc stock motors to the heavily moded out motors. I fibbed a little, The mod motors usually get into the fence harder but they don't go around the track any faster!(right Dale?).
    shawnc
    shawnc

Post by shawnc Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:41 am

can u send a link to something decent for around a good deal? ive looked at ovrr 5 different motors, ive heard the 30.5cc esp modded engine wit stuffed crank is good. and ive also heard that the 29cc gp290 is good. i just want something decent and something that will push enough power for fun, and somehing i wont have to tear down and dump a crap load of money into every time i run. anything will help.. thanks for the info guys.. keep it coming cause any info helps me. i a new to the 1/5 scale so.. lol
    bajamike207

Post by bajamike207 Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:14 pm

good day shawn, ive got a buddy in berwick that sells 29cc ddm motors for like $250 with billit heads . irun a baja ss i live in your area. give me a shout.i've got a couple of friend also with bajas # 229-2998 regards, Mike
    shawnc
    shawnc

Post by shawnc Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:48 am

so does anyone here have any good info on the zenoah g260rc engine? im looking into getting one. the one i found has never been run and i planned on porting it and putting a stuffed crank also. anyone have any suggestions to if its a good setup or if it is a good motor for a baja ?
    dedeye
    dedeye

Post by dedeye Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:33 am

you have a pm.
    shawnc
    shawnc

Post by shawnc Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:09 am

so i finally made my purchase, dropped off my zenoah g260rc to get fully race ported, and added a stroker crank. hope to get some fun out of that and be out riding with u fellas soon. wish me luck
    dedeye
    dedeye

Post by dedeye Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:40 pm

Hey Shawnc.
    Did you get that baja running?
    Wanna see how fast it is?
    Put some tarmacs or slicks on it and grab your buddies and come to Old Cedar Speedway and try it out.
    The Baja goes better on asphalt than it does on dirt!
    Add 5 other guys racing for the same spot on he track and you have racing action like you wouldn't believe!
    LOSI CRAWLER

Post by LOSI CRAWLER Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:23 pm

i have a dune runner and a rampage mt pro.i go up to hardcore 4x4.he has a dirt,sort of oval.it's alot of fun.
    hemmy50@yahoo.com
    hemmy50@yahoo.com

baja  guy looking for some one to run with Empty buxton bash

Post by hemmy50@yahoo.com Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:05 am

there are a bunch of us that run in buxton .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:05 am