Maine-RC-Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Radio controlled racing

WWW.MAINERC.COM Welcome to the Maine R/C forum Register Today! WWW.MAINERC.COM

Clik on the Hobbyshops and Tracks links Please support your local hobby shop

Maximus R/C Raceway races every Wednesday night at 7 pm. & Saturdays at 5 pm

Evolution Hobbies and Raceway in Casco Maine. Outdoor Off Road Racing Sundays Spring Through Fall

GRANITE LEISURE TIME WEEKLY RACING ON FRIDAYS DOORS @ 5 RACING @ 7 AND SUNDAYS DOORS @ 12 RACING @ 1 PAN CAR, LEGENDS, SCT, 2WD BUGGY & VATERRA RALLY.

RAY & ROBBINS INDOOR OFF ROAD RACING TUESDAYS @ 6:30 ON ROAD RACING EVERY OTHER THURSDAY @ 6:30 (CALL STORE)

T&J R/C RACEWAY NOW OPEN IN WESTBROOK! INDOOR DIRT OVAL.

Latest topics

» for sale assoc. t5m stuff
Revo project EmptySun May 06, 2018 3:32 pm by legend61

» dieing out ?
Revo project EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 4:43 pm by bob.less13

» assoc.b5mbuggy
Revo project EmptyTue Oct 10, 2017 11:23 pm by legend61

» looking to sell
Revo project EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 5:05 pm by truck2552

» Thank you to all who attended
Revo project EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 6:03 pm by iceman48

» This Sunday Sammy's Bash @ R&R's
Revo project EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 10:50 am by iceman48

» One month to the first R&R bash 8-20-17
Revo project EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 8:36 am by legend61

» assoc.b5m buggy
Revo project EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 7:19 pm by truck2552

» Bash day August 20th @ Ray and Robins.
Revo project EmptyFri Jun 02, 2017 5:54 pm by iceman48

UPCOMING R/C EVENTS

Ray & Robbins Hobby Center - Falmouth

RC Excitement - Fitchburg Mass.

Breakneck R/C - Livermore Falls

3 posters

Revo project

trailbound
    trailbound

Revo project Empty Revo project

Post by trailbound Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:01 am

I picked up a used complete Revo 2.5 pretty cheap to use as a project and a basher when I get it going. The revo does not look like it has had a ton of use , just neglected when it was used Rolling Eyes .So far I have completly taken the truck apart and cleaned it. I have also rebuilt the shocks and diffs , ordered a 3.3 chassis that I scored off ebay for 5 bucks that should be here today, at least it will be a roller by the end of the weekend. The 2.5 I think it going to be toast. So I was thinking about either doing the "power up" program and swapping the 2.5 for a 3.3 or possiblly using a 3.3 out of my slayer pro and making that electric. I also wanted to ditch the crappy am radio, I would like to get a 2.4, three channel radio to run both the Revo and the Slayer (slayer's radio is a 2 channel and will end up on the kids cars) . Just wanted to hear your suggestions, thoughts, tips and tricks and suggestions.
    trailbound
    trailbound

Revo project Empty Re: Revo project

Post by trailbound Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:10 pm

this is what I started with.

Revo project P2050014

Revo project P2050015
    rcracer207
    rcracer207
    Admin

Post by rcracer207 Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:37 pm

In my opinion the Traxxas power up program is a waste of your money. They want $110 plus your old motor. You should be able to pick up a new 3.3 on ebay for about the same or less than Traxxas will charge you. You also dont have to give back your old motor. You can keep it for spare parts or hang onto it and rebuild it later. As far as the radio goes it all depends on what you want to pay. You can get entry level 2.4 radios for under $100 and a pretty nice one for 150-200. Lots of good used 2.4 radios out there too if you want to save a few bucks.

I have some Revo parts and an old traxxas 2.4 radio that will be ending up on ebay sometime soon. Let me know if you need any spare parts and i can take a look and see what I have.
    trailbound
    trailbound

Post by trailbound Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:19 am

the 3.3 chassis (top) vs the 2.5 chassis bottom

Revo project P2110010

this is how it sits right now after swapping everything onto the 3.3 chassis , getting closer !

Revo project P2110012

to some extent I'm kinda a noob on the radio's . I understand the higher end , with telematry and so on but how much better are the the "sport" radio's than the traxxas 2.4 ? thats probally the "best" radio that I've used . I was eyeing the spectrum Dx3c that was for sale on this site but it's already gone.

RcRacer207 , sure post up what you have , I might be interested . Thanks for the info on the power up program , looking at it your right , it not as good as it seams
    Rc Crawler

Post by Rc Crawler Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:46 am

look into a high end futaba they are crazy in price but the best in performence use a set of hitech rcd servos they are very good.
    rcracer207
    rcracer207
    Admin

Post by rcracer207 Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:36 am

I picked up a Futaba 4PL radio this past race season and have been very happy with it! I am partial towards Futaba just because I dont like the feel of the spektrum radios. They are good radios but I have tried many of them and they just arent comfortable to me, I dont like the trigger pull and wheel

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXAAFF&P=ML

Like I said before you dont have to spend a ton but a mid level radio like this might save you money in the long run if you decide you want to race. You wont spend the money on a cheap radio and then wish you had bought a better one a year later.
    trailbound
    trailbound

Post by trailbound Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:38 am

I took apart the 2.5R and did some cleaning , it looks like the person before me put something like k&n filter oil down the motor instead of WD40 or arfter oil Shocked , so after a complete tear down , lots of cleaning and reassembly the 2.5r lives !! Also have put new fuel tubing ans the larger 150cc fuel tank. I am also running the newer air filter style from the 3.3 .
    In setting up the steering servo's , I have tried my best to center the steering but no matter what seem to make noise confused , if I turn just the reciever for the truck on the is no noise but as soon as I turn the controller on it does not sound the greatest but seems to work fine confused they are the older 2055's if that helps . also have a couple of radio's picked out but I'll post those up in a bit to see what you guys think .
    rcracer207
    rcracer207
    Admin

Post by rcracer207 Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:48 am

its probably nothing to worry about. A buzzing noise is just the servos trying to center themselves. If the noise doesnt get worse and the steering works its probably fine.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:21 pm