Maine-RC-Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Radio controlled racing

WWW.MAINERC.COM Welcome to the Maine R/C forum Register Today! WWW.MAINERC.COM

Clik on the Hobbyshops and Tracks links Please support your local hobby shop

Maximus R/C Raceway races every Wednesday night at 7 pm. & Saturdays at 5 pm

Evolution Hobbies and Raceway in Casco Maine. Outdoor Off Road Racing Sundays Spring Through Fall

GRANITE LEISURE TIME WEEKLY RACING ON FRIDAYS DOORS @ 5 RACING @ 7 AND SUNDAYS DOORS @ 12 RACING @ 1 PAN CAR, LEGENDS, SCT, 2WD BUGGY & VATERRA RALLY.

RAY & ROBBINS INDOOR OFF ROAD RACING TUESDAYS @ 6:30 ON ROAD RACING EVERY OTHER THURSDAY @ 6:30 (CALL STORE)

T&J R/C RACEWAY NOW OPEN IN WESTBROOK! INDOOR DIRT OVAL.

Latest topics

» for sale assoc. t5m stuff
Binding issue EmptySun May 06, 2018 3:32 pm by legend61

» dieing out ?
Binding issue EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 4:43 pm by bob.less13

» assoc.b5mbuggy
Binding issue EmptyTue Oct 10, 2017 11:23 pm by legend61

» looking to sell
Binding issue EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 5:05 pm by truck2552

» Thank you to all who attended
Binding issue EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 6:03 pm by iceman48

» This Sunday Sammy's Bash @ R&R's
Binding issue EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 10:50 am by iceman48

» One month to the first R&R bash 8-20-17
Binding issue EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 8:36 am by legend61

» assoc.b5m buggy
Binding issue EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 7:19 pm by truck2552

» Bash day August 20th @ Ray and Robins.
Binding issue EmptyFri Jun 02, 2017 5:54 pm by iceman48

UPCOMING R/C EVENTS

Ray & Robbins Hobby Center - Falmouth

RC Excitement - Fitchburg Mass.

Breakneck R/C - Livermore Falls

2 posters

Binding issue

TexinMaine

Binding issue Empty Binding issue

Post by TexinMaine Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:18 pm

I have an Axial rock crawler that came with a Spektrum DX3.0 which according to the manual can store 4 models, I assume this means 4 different cars. I am working on an old goldpan and figured I would just get another Rx and use the DX3 for that as well. I bought an OrangeRx GR300 which is supposed to be just like the Spektrum SR300. I followed the binding instructions in the Spektrum manual and this is what happens. I attach ESC, motor and battery to the Rx, I install the bind plug and turn the ESC on and a rapid blinking light appears on the Rx, I then hold the bind button on the Tx and turn the power on, as soon as the green light starts to blink I let go of the bind button and the light turns to a solid green in a matter of seconds, while this is happening the light will on the Rx will either go out or turn solid for a fraction of a second and then begin the rapid blinking again. I remove the bind plug and try to throttle the motor and nothing happens. I am sure the ESC and motor work because after a few tries I took the SR300 out of the Axial and hooked it up and everything worked fine. I have tried holding the bind button longer, pulling the bind plug out as soon as the light stops blinking but it still returns to the rapid blinking and no function. Sorry this is a bit long winded but I hope some one can shed some light on the issue. Thanks.

Tex
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Binding issue Empty Re: Binding issue

Post by Evolution Hobbies Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:33 pm

Thats because those Chinese knock off receivers have a very high failure rate,and in most cases won't even bind .AS you have found out.These knock off RX do not save you money in the long run.Even the plane RX are junk.Just buy a Spektrum RX and save your self the head ache.Even it did work most have no range and on the plane RX ,some of the radio functions won't work.
    HobbyKing is not the bargain everyone thinks it is ,special there electronics !!!

Sean
    Evolutionn Hobbies

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:53 pm