Maine-RC-Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Radio controlled racing

WWW.MAINERC.COM Welcome to the Maine R/C forum Register Today! WWW.MAINERC.COM

Clik on the Hobbyshops and Tracks links Please support your local hobby shop

Maximus R/C Raceway races every Wednesday night at 7 pm. & Saturdays at 5 pm

Evolution Hobbies and Raceway in Casco Maine. Outdoor Off Road Racing Sundays Spring Through Fall

GRANITE LEISURE TIME WEEKLY RACING ON FRIDAYS DOORS @ 5 RACING @ 7 AND SUNDAYS DOORS @ 12 RACING @ 1 PAN CAR, LEGENDS, SCT, 2WD BUGGY & VATERRA RALLY.

RAY & ROBBINS INDOOR OFF ROAD RACING TUESDAYS @ 6:30 ON ROAD RACING EVERY OTHER THURSDAY @ 6:30 (CALL STORE)

T&J R/C RACEWAY NOW OPEN IN WESTBROOK! INDOOR DIRT OVAL.

Latest topics

» for sale assoc. t5m stuff
money maddness EmptySun May 06, 2018 3:32 pm by legend61

» dieing out ?
money maddness EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 4:43 pm by bob.less13

» assoc.b5mbuggy
money maddness EmptyTue Oct 10, 2017 11:23 pm by legend61

» looking to sell
money maddness EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 5:05 pm by truck2552

» Thank you to all who attended
money maddness EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 6:03 pm by iceman48

» This Sunday Sammy's Bash @ R&R's
money maddness EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 10:50 am by iceman48

» One month to the first R&R bash 8-20-17
money maddness EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 8:36 am by legend61

» assoc.b5m buggy
money maddness EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 7:19 pm by truck2552

» Bash day August 20th @ Ray and Robins.
money maddness EmptyFri Jun 02, 2017 5:54 pm by iceman48

UPCOMING R/C EVENTS

Ray & Robbins Hobby Center - Falmouth

RC Excitement - Fitchburg Mass.

Breakneck R/C - Livermore Falls

4 posters

money maddness

DNO
    DNO

money maddness Empty money maddness

Post by DNO Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:49 pm

I'm planning on it Very Happy 1/8 truggy, 1/10 stadium mod. Will you have byron 30% day of or prior to race Suspect Also think an announcer would be great, keep things grooving cheers [b]
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

money maddness Empty Re: money maddness

Post by Evolution Hobbies Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:19 am

Thank you. We will have 20,25 & 30% Byron on hand for the race. Yes, an announcer would help, any volunteers because this old faht has enough to do.
    Bob
    DNO
    DNO

Post by DNO Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:21 pm

affraid Not me, but if not an announcer maybe some nice background music would do? What did you do about the A&B offer? My guess is that their my or will be some issues if there are discrepecies with the current system scratch There we're some comments made about cars not being scored right even with the A&B system this past weekend add cash to the issue and you know Twisted Evil If it goes off without a hitch your sure to have a good crowd next year, but if it doesn't Evil or Very Mad However I understand its a capital thing so hopefully people are there to have fun anyways, I'm looking forward to it Very Happy Very Happy Cool
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:23 pm

DNO

With the I-LAP system that we use currently there are really only three reason why a lap does not get counted.
    1) the transponder gets unplugged from receiver,this is rare but can happen
    2)this is the biggest reason ,bad placement of the transponder.With the infrared system you MUST have a clean line of sight to the sensor on the bridge over the track.
    3)wire to PT get's cut during a race

One thing that racers over look and this is more on the nitro's,no matter the I-LAP or AMB personal transponders .When your receiver battery get's very low, it decreases the signal strength on both type of transponders.That's why on long main's receiver batteries should be charged or if you are using AA batteries should be replaced if they have some run time on them.

Reason for the AMB not to pick up could be the following
    1)PT get's unplugged
    2)AMB track transponder that are re-chargable,the batteries are getting weak and the charge does not last as long.Again reducing the strength of the signal
    3)loop is bad
    4)wire to PT get's cut some how during the race

computer glitch can affect both systems
    Personal transponders for both system can go bad ,again this rare as well

These are just some possible reason why laps don't get counted .Track owners try to avoid these problems but they can happen .They just have to deal with it when they come up. Just think we can always go back to hand counting!

Another reason for missed laps ,the racer .No matter if you can show them that NO laps were missed ,they think that they are always right and the computer is wrong. The worse thing a racers can do is lap count there own race.
    If there is only one or maybe two other cars on the track maybe,any more than that no. Unless they have a big lead right off from the start of the race.

Sean
    Evolution Hobbies Very Happy
    DNO
    DNO

Post by DNO Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:38 pm

I understand, just throwing my tow cents in alien , maybe know other people will read and understand how the systems work lol! . See you soon. When will work on the track begin?
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:45 pm

DNO
    Is this DON N. ?
    I posted it that way just for information for people,thats all.

work on the track will start the week before the race.

Sean
    DNO
    DNO

Post by DNO Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:41 pm

I can't tell you my identity has been hidden, can't you tell by my photo elephant lol! Why don't you make an announcement the day before track work starts.
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

money maddness Empty Track work

Post by Evolution Hobbies Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:18 am

We are shutting down the track as of Sept. 9th to enable us to redo the track surface and to alter it just a little so that the local drivers do not have an advantage. There will be no Friday racing on Sept. 11th. The drivers stand is being raised and lengthened and should be finished by racing this evening. We are doing everything that we can to make this first annual race a great one.
    Now for a new item. Everyone feels that if we were to go to the AMB lap counting system that we would have more racers coming to the track. We originally felt that by using the I-lap infrared system that we could save money for the racers and at least have a lap counting system in place. I have been in touch with AMB and they have made us a great offer to get their system in place at our track but we are not in a position to do it on our own this year unless we had some help. We could have it in time for the Money race if we can get at least 30 drivers that would like to prepay for their racing for the balance of the year and have a good start on their entry fees for next year. Here is what we propose, If you prepay $ 50.00 towards the system you will receive seven prepaid race days (value of $ 84.00) if you prepay $ 100.00 you will receive fifteen prepaid race days( value $ 180.00) These can be used for the balance of this year and the start of next year. No matter how you look at it you save money on entry fees. Those that have purchased the I-Lap transponders from us can bring them back to the shop for either a shop credit or a credit towards an AMB transponder. You don't lose either way. In order for us to have it for this coming race those that are interested would have to do so by Sept. 6th. Let me know what you think.
    Bob

Last edited by Evolution Hobbies on Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
    DNO
    DNO

Post by DNO Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:17 pm

I would contribute, but thats only one. I'm assuming that others are following this thread because I see 117 views. Come on guys if your out there and feel this would be a better scoring system please step up and pay up, If not don't complain about improper scoring if you don't place where you think you should have Crying or Very sad Obviously alot of racers that vist from other tracks would be able to use their personal transponders as well as you (if you purchase one)at other tracks, and new people to the track wouldn't have to cut a hole in their bodies Very Happy I'm assuming that a new system would come with a bank of transponders?? If we paid the money up front would we have to rent or buy a transponder or use the track transponder? I would rather you use a punch card for the fifteen races, not everyone can make it every weekend. Does the fronted money cover the big race or only normal weekend races? Times a ticking make a move if your going to.
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:20 am

No, It would not cover the money race. We could set up a punch card type of system and that would work great for all those involved. No, you would not have to use it on consecutive weeks, only when you show up and run. We are trying to make this a great place to race and the AMB system would definatly bring others to the track. There will be house transponders and NO, you would no be required to buy one. There will be transponders available for those that would like to purchase one. At this point a rental fee is being considered but not set in stone. If we did go that route than whatever you have given in a rental fee might be applied towards the purchase of a transponder. This would mean that if you raced twenty times than you might have enough paid to get your transponder and never have to worry again. Let me know how you feel about this option ? If anyone has any further questions just post them here.
    Bob

By the way, the drivers stand has been raised and extended. I just have to add new railings, make an adjustment in the ne steps and paint it. Last night the drivers were surprised and very happy with being able to see the complete track.
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:30 pm

JIM
    Thanks for posting the Money Maddness Race date and track link on Sparetime hobby website.

Thank you
    Sean
    Evolution Hobbies
    DNO
    DNO

Post by DNO Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:09 pm

Bob I think that all sounds good & fair, lets get it going, how many have said they are in? Do you need some more stakes for the lane piping? If so I have a bunch I can bring over but I'd like them back. I also have two industrial work benches (steel frame wood tops)that would work but will ultimatly need new plywood on top (maybe next year) I'd be willing to work something out for these. [b]
    rcracer207
    rcracer207
    Admin

Post by rcracer207 Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:44 pm

Just wanted to say that the newly modified drivers stand is great !!! You can see the whole track so much better now. Hope to be there for the big race.
    rcracer207
    rcracer207
    Admin

Post by rcracer207 Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:10 pm

Looks like I should be able to make it!! My wife is taking the weekend off for me so that solves the baby sitting problem.

I will definitely be racing in the Monster Truck class (as long as there will be one) and if you get enough people to make a nitro stadium class I will race my Jato. Am I the only one so far interested in entering for nitro stadium??
    rcracer207
    rcracer207
    Admin

Post by rcracer207 Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:33 pm

How long are the mains going to be? Still having 5 min heats?
    rcman973
    rcman973

Post by rcman973 Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:21 pm

What time is the racing gonna start tomorrow if the weathe is good?
    DNO
    DNO

Post by DNO Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:39 pm

I believe the racing starts at noon and regisration will be most of the morning. Track opens around 9am for pratice affraid I don't think we'll get enough rain if any, tomorrow to cancel plans. Cool GOOD LUCK. [b]
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:03 pm

The Money madness Race is in the books.Look for results and pictures on track site by tomorrow.

we will still be having our regular Sunday race ,for tomorrow only the entry fee is $5.

Congrats to all the racers who won,and thank you for coming.

The lucky winner of the KYOSHO RT5 kit was Allen Mendenhall.

Sean
    Evolution Hobbies
    DNO
    DNO

Post by DNO Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:38 am

Thanks for a great race guys, everything went well, good crowd, I think the people that didn't go missed out. Food on site was a great idea and all the give aways was a nice touch. I look forward to more big races at Crooked River Raceway cheers Very Happy
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:05 pm

Thanks DNO

Already thinking of things for next years race

Thanks for coming Don.

Sean
    rcman973
    rcman973

Post by rcman973 Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:04 pm

Evolution Hobbies wrote:The Money madness Race is in the books.Look for results and pictures on track site by tomorrow.

Sean
    Evolution Hobbies
    . The results are there but where are the pics? confused

Give me a break (lol) I have 390 pics to go through and will try to get them up on Monday. By the way, what is your offer for that receiver, he wants to know.
    Bob
    rcman973
    rcman973

Post by rcman973 Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:37 am

Give me a break (lol) I have 390 pics to go through and will try to get them up on Monday. By the way, what is your offer for that receiver, he wants to know.
    Bob
    Well its monday where are the pics? Its not like you gotta put up that much you only have 390. lol! When you get the pics up what page will they be on the home page or track pics or what?

What receiver are you talking about that mini spektrum?
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:31 pm

I have to bring them down to a format that can be uploaded to this site. They are Hi-res and it takes a lot more time than I thought. They will be on the home page and special events page. Yes, that receiver.
    rcman973
    rcman973

Post by rcman973 Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:39 pm

Evolution Hobbies wrote:I have to bring them down to a format that can be uploaded to this site. They are Hi-res and it takes a lot more time than I thought. They will be on the home page and special events page. Yes, that receiver.
    Ok I'll keep checking those pages. As for the receiver I'll offer him $5 or a spur gear or maybe something else idk. lol! Is he really gonna sell it?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:28 pm