Maine-RC-Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Radio controlled racing

WWW.MAINERC.COM Welcome to the Maine R/C forum Register Today! WWW.MAINERC.COM

Clik on the Hobbyshops and Tracks links Please support your local hobby shop

Maximus R/C Raceway races every Wednesday night at 7 pm. & Saturdays at 5 pm

Evolution Hobbies and Raceway in Casco Maine. Outdoor Off Road Racing Sundays Spring Through Fall

GRANITE LEISURE TIME WEEKLY RACING ON FRIDAYS DOORS @ 5 RACING @ 7 AND SUNDAYS DOORS @ 12 RACING @ 1 PAN CAR, LEGENDS, SCT, 2WD BUGGY & VATERRA RALLY.

RAY & ROBBINS INDOOR OFF ROAD RACING TUESDAYS @ 6:30 ON ROAD RACING EVERY OTHER THURSDAY @ 6:30 (CALL STORE)

T&J R/C RACEWAY NOW OPEN IN WESTBROOK! INDOOR DIRT OVAL.

Latest topics

» for sale assoc. t5m stuff
TRX 2.5 engin ? EmptySun May 06, 2018 3:32 pm by legend61

» dieing out ?
TRX 2.5 engin ? EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 4:43 pm by bob.less13

» assoc.b5mbuggy
TRX 2.5 engin ? EmptyTue Oct 10, 2017 11:23 pm by legend61

» looking to sell
TRX 2.5 engin ? EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 5:05 pm by truck2552

» Thank you to all who attended
TRX 2.5 engin ? EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 6:03 pm by iceman48

» This Sunday Sammy's Bash @ R&R's
TRX 2.5 engin ? EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 10:50 am by iceman48

» One month to the first R&R bash 8-20-17
TRX 2.5 engin ? EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 8:36 am by legend61

» assoc.b5m buggy
TRX 2.5 engin ? EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 7:19 pm by truck2552

» Bash day August 20th @ Ray and Robins.
TRX 2.5 engin ? EmptyFri Jun 02, 2017 5:54 pm by iceman48

UPCOMING R/C EVENTS

Ray & Robbins Hobby Center - Falmouth

RC Excitement - Fitchburg Mass.

Breakneck R/C - Livermore Falls

4 posters

TRX 2.5 engin ?

Kingfamily8
    Kingfamily8

TRX 2.5 engin ? Empty TRX 2.5 engin ?

Post by Kingfamily8 Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:55 am

Is my engin dead/dying or an i just not getting the hang of tuning yet? I have a t-maxx 2.5. (4910) For thr first few min. of running my truck it runs great! But after that it stalls when i bring it in to check the teps. It will smoke at the head and overheat everytime i use it. I have the HSN out 6 turns and the LSN out 4 and it still overheats! Thats without a body too. A few days ago it ran PERFECT and it was really hot and humid out. So i dont understand why it runs good once in a while? A few months ago i hade a runaway and my truck went into the woods. Once again i diddent have the body on. It ran at full RPMS foer a few min. because i couldent find it in the woods! lol It started right up after though. Is it time for a new engin or do i need how to tune beeter? I have only been into nitro for almost a year.
    Thank You!

Derick
    RAZORBURN
    RAZORBURN

TRX 2.5 engin ? Empty Re: TRX 2.5 engin ?

Post by RAZORBURN Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:38 pm

Derrick,
    how much fuel you got through it ?
    I had a couple 2.5s and I have a few qs for ya
    how hot is hot ? some traxxas mills like it hot
    is it shifting ok ? if not always shifting tune will be off
    is your front bearing or back plate ( ezstart )? if you have a air leak will run lean and make you run hot . I know the maxx tanks like to leak too where the screws mount and the gasket on the cover
    Kingfamily8
    Kingfamily8

Post by Kingfamily8 Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:00 pm

RAZORBURN wrote:Derrick,
    how much fuel you got through it ?
    I had a couple 2.5s and I have a few qs for ya
    how hot is hot ? some traxxas mills like it hot
    is it shifting ok ? if not always shifting tune will be off
    is your front bearing or back plate ( ezstart )? if you have a air leak will run lean and make you run hot . I know the maxx tanks like to leak too where the screws mount and the gasket on the cover

I have had about 3 gal. and a quart through it.
    Temps are 270-300 But even aroun 200-210 my head will start smoking even if i havent used wd-40 in it for a few days? Thats the one i realy dont understand?? It shifts into second fine. I have the ezstart. I will check my gas tank for air leaks tomorrow morning. The other thing that sucks is that i cant get the head off because a few of the screws ar strippes! I dont have the rite tools to get them out eather.

Thank you!
    Derick
    Kingfamily8
    Kingfamily8

Post by Kingfamily8 Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:33 am

Checked the gat tank this morning but no leaks that i could find. Also checked crank bearing and it was just like new.
    RAZORBURN
    RAZORBURN

Post by RAZORBURN Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:29 am

Make sure your plug has a gasket if you for got to put one on or reuse an old ond or even take the plug out alot it will and or can leak by, hence a lil smoke and run lean (hot)
    3 gal+ dont seem like much but depending on break in and maintance on the mill it just might be time to look for a new one affraid Id jsut try to finish the season with it and get a fresh one for next year
    If your going to go with another traxxas mill get a 3.3 and look into the ERP from traxxas and save a lil cash not sure how much or if details have changed.

I hope this helps Ray
    mtrucker
    mtrucker

TRX 2.5 engin ? Empty 2.5s

Post by mtrucker Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:04 am

Man I have run alot of 2.5s since they came out,at least a dozen, I was NEVER able to keep one running well after 2 gallons,in fact if I made it to 2 gallons I would be very happy,great little engines,very inexpensive I won alot of races with those engines! but if you got one with a couple gals on it thats givin troubles I would toss it! Laughing I started running the os .18s in its place the o.s. TM and the o.s. TZ they made a little more power but werent alot more durable only a little more
    usually when a traxxas engine starts to run bad or the tune changes the pin on the crank or the hole in the rod is worn or stretched,like from high revs when theres no load on it,,like when the corner marshal is on his cell phone and you want to get his attention so you rev it like a mad bumble bee!I cringe whenever I see that happen, but I have done it myself Cool
    rcracer207
    rcracer207
    Admin

Post by rcracer207 Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:00 am

mtrucker wrote:Man I have run alot of 2.5s since they came out,at least a dozen, I was NEVER able to keep one running well after 2 gallons,in fact if I made it to 2 gallons I would be very happy

+1

I went through 2 2.5's and a 2.5R before upgrading to a 3.3
    It sounds to me like you definitely got your moneys worth out of it. I don't think I ever got much more than 2 1/2 gallons burned through one before it was well worn.
    Kingfamily8
    Kingfamily8

Post by Kingfamily8 Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:17 pm

I do want to get the TRX 3.3 next but will the black tranny and "helf-shafts" hold up to the power without breaking alot??
    rcracer207
    rcracer207
    Admin

Post by rcracer207 Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:08 pm

Yes they should. I have had a 3.3 in my T-MAXX which was origonally a 2.5 for about 2 years. Have not had any problems with the tranny at all. no driveline issus other than normal wear and tear. Go for it! its a good upgrade from a 2.5 I've been really happy with mine.
    RAZORBURN
    RAZORBURN

Post by RAZORBURN Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:27 pm

the only thing it might messwith is your cheeks fromthe permagrin Very Happy
    Kingfamily8
    Kingfamily8

Post by Kingfamily8 Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:45 pm

I know! I have used the 3.3 T-maxx once! I traded in my e-maxx (the old one) and got an even trade for a used t-maxx 2.5 but it was blowing engins. So i left it the shop for them to fix. Went back the next night and they still couldent figure it out so they gave me a 3.3 to take home for free! Very Happy The conecting rode broke off the nex day so that one was broke too. pale Then the owners now know fron Granite Leisure Time (before they had theire shop built) got in a brand new T-maxx (4910) and let me take it home! Laughing Laughing Im still paying them for it though. It's been a rough year. I thank Granite Leisure Time for that. Any way i have an off topic question. Can i use dentured alchol to clean my truck? Will it hurt the metal or plastic? If it will what elece could i use to clean that might be laying around at my house?

Thank you!
    Derick

P.S I ran my truck today with a max temp of 169. Two tanks in a row too. Maby i just wasent getting the tune right untill now??
    Thank You Again!
    RAZORBURN
    RAZORBURN

Post by RAZORBURN Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:27 pm

denatured alchol and simple green work good
    Kingfamily8
    Kingfamily8

Post by Kingfamily8 Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:50 am

RAZORBURN wrote:denatured alchol and simple green work good
    ok Thank You!

Derick

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:09 am