Maine-RC-Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Radio controlled racing

WWW.MAINERC.COM Welcome to the Maine R/C forum Register Today! WWW.MAINERC.COM

Clik on the Hobbyshops and Tracks links Please support your local hobby shop

Maximus R/C Raceway races every Wednesday night at 7 pm. & Saturdays at 5 pm

Evolution Hobbies and Raceway in Casco Maine. Outdoor Off Road Racing Sundays Spring Through Fall

GRANITE LEISURE TIME WEEKLY RACING ON FRIDAYS DOORS @ 5 RACING @ 7 AND SUNDAYS DOORS @ 12 RACING @ 1 PAN CAR, LEGENDS, SCT, 2WD BUGGY & VATERRA RALLY.

RAY & ROBBINS INDOOR OFF ROAD RACING TUESDAYS @ 6:30 ON ROAD RACING EVERY OTHER THURSDAY @ 6:30 (CALL STORE)

T&J R/C RACEWAY NOW OPEN IN WESTBROOK! INDOOR DIRT OVAL.

Latest topics

» for sale assoc. t5m stuff
backyard track EmptySun May 06, 2018 3:32 pm by legend61

» dieing out ?
backyard track EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 4:43 pm by bob.less13

» assoc.b5mbuggy
backyard track EmptyTue Oct 10, 2017 11:23 pm by legend61

» looking to sell
backyard track EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 5:05 pm by truck2552

» Thank you to all who attended
backyard track EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 6:03 pm by iceman48

» This Sunday Sammy's Bash @ R&R's
backyard track EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 10:50 am by iceman48

» One month to the first R&R bash 8-20-17
backyard track EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 8:36 am by legend61

» assoc.b5m buggy
backyard track EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 7:19 pm by truck2552

» Bash day August 20th @ Ray and Robins.
backyard track EmptyFri Jun 02, 2017 5:54 pm by iceman48

UPCOMING R/C EVENTS

Ray & Robbins Hobby Center - Falmouth

RC Excitement - Fitchburg Mass.

Breakneck R/C - Livermore Falls

4 posters

backyard track

rcman973
    rcman973

backyard track Empty backyard track

Post by rcman973 Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:18 pm

Does anyone here have a track in their backyard? Me and my dad just made one in out backyard. Its kinda small but we didn't have that much space to work with. Yesterday we spent most of the day with the weed wacker trying to get rid of the grass and get it down to dirt. Now we just need to get some dirt to make jumps and fill in some of the low spots. We will also have to try to find some thing to outline the track and then it should be finished.Very Happy

Here are some pics.
    backyard track Bkyrdtrack2
    backyard track Bkyrdtrack3

So does anyone have a track in their backyard?
    graniteleisure
    graniteleisure

backyard track Empty Re: backyard track

Post by graniteleisure Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:41 am

rcman973 wrote:Does anyone here have a track in their backyard? Me and my dad just made one in out backyard. Its kinda small but we didn't have that much space to work with. Yesterday we spent most of the day with the weed wacker trying to get rid of the grass and get it down to dirt. Now we just need to get some dirt to make jumps and fill in some of the low spots. We will also have to try to find some thing to outline the track and then it should be finished.Very Happy

Here are some pics.
    backyard track Bkyrdtrack2
    backyard track Bkyrdtrack3

So does anyone have a track in their backyard?

Looks awesome, you guys did a good job. If you want to drop me an email I can send you some pictures of the track we did behind my place. My email is kevin@granite-corp.com

A guy that goes by Bad Monkey runs over here and he posted some pictures in the forum under Tell us about your home track or favorite bash site, it was post # 2

Have fun and keep the hobby alive, great job
    rcman973
    rcman973

Post by rcman973 Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:58 am

graniteleisure wrote:
    Looks awesome, you guys did a good job.

A guy that goes by Bad Monkey runs over here and he posted some pictures in the forum under Tell us about your home track or favorite bash site, it was post # 2

Have fun and keep the hobby alive, great job
    Thanks I think it will be really fun once we get the jumps in even though its kinda small.(Not as small as our old track though.)

I checked out the post and saw the pics of your track looks like a nice setup. How big is it?
    graniteleisure
    graniteleisure

Post by graniteleisure Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:04 am

I had not measured it but thinking maybe 50 x 90

We have some wooden jumps as well we place in, you have a great layout, you will have a good time on it, I don't think you will be bored, so much you can toss into it. If you ever make it up to the area, give us a shout and we can show you some other videos and stuff we toss in.
    rcman973
    rcman973

Post by rcman973 Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:15 am

graniteleisure wrote:I had not measured it but thinking maybe 50 x 90
    That seems like a good size ours is only 32x55 Shocked
    graniteleisure
    graniteleisure

Post by graniteleisure Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:28 pm

Size and layout look great on yours, you will have a blast, take a look on youtube, I noticed it last night after seeing the Slash Nationals at Maximus posted. I searched and found this video on youtubem, it is great, the link is https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=maiximus+slash+race&search_type=&aq=f

They did an awesome job, just got to set some stuff up to make it exciting
    rcman973
    rcman973

Post by rcman973 Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:06 am

graniteleisure wrote:Size and layout look great on yours, you will have a blast, take a look on youtube, I noticed it last night after seeing the Slash Nationals at Maximus posted. I searched and found this video on youtubem, it is great, the link is https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=maiximus+slash+race&search_type=&aq=f

They did an awesome job, just got to set some stuff up to make it exciting
    Checked out some of the videos from Maximus. Looks like they changed the layout since the last time I was there. I raced there for a bit while I waited for outdoor racing to start. I haven't been back there in a while. Mostly race up in Casco up at Evolution Hobbies but might go back to racing indoors at Maximus this winter. I have a few videos from racing at maximus check them out. Heres a link to my channel on youtube with some vids. https://www.youtube.com/user/traxxasfanatic07
    jeffslat
    jeffslat

Post by jeffslat Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:29 am

These video's do not do it justice.....We have a new vert wall and the new table top should be installed for the Nationals.....This will be the largest adjustable table top in the Northeast!!!

Be sure to pre-register for the Nationals....it is going to be a great day of racing!

A big thank you to Heath for keeping things fresh and providing the best indoor Slash racing around!

Jeff
    Maximus
    Maximus

Post by Maximus Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:24 pm

jeffslat wrote:These video's do not do it justice.....We have a new vert wall and the new table top should be installed for the Nationals.....This will be the largest adjustable table top in the Northeast!!!

Be sure to pre-register for the Nationals....it is going to be a great day of racing!

A big thank you to Heath for keeping things fresh and providing the best indoor Slash racing around!

Jeff

Thanks Jeff,

I just added an image of the current track layout on the nationals website - http://www.slashnationals.com
    graniteleisure
    graniteleisure

Post by graniteleisure Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:08 pm

Maximus wrote:
    jeffslat wrote:These video's do not do it justice.....We have a new vert wall and the new table top should be installed for the Nationals.....This will be the largest adjustable table top in the Northeast!!!

Jeff

Thanks Jeff,

I just added an image of the current track layout on the nationals website - http://www.slashnationals.com

I am taking a trip to Boston the end of the week, would you mind me stopping in to check the place out? I loved the videos on youtube and I hear so much positive feedback about the place.
    graniteleisure
    graniteleisure

Post by graniteleisure Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:13 pm

Jeff
    Jeff you any relation to Chip or Charlie?
    jeffslat
    jeffslat

Post by jeffslat Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:43 pm

You bet.....In fact when I saw your e-mail address it dawned on me that I knew you. I used to run Webb Air in Portland....we worked on plenty of projects together along with Dave Chadwick! I was just with Dave today at the Webb Expo in Augusta...Thought I might run into you there.

Hope to see you at the track at some point!

Jeff
    graniteleisure
    graniteleisure

Post by graniteleisure Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:52 pm

jeffslat wrote:You bet.....In fact when I saw your e-mail address it dawned on me that I knew you. I used to run Webb Air in Portland....we worked on plenty of projects together along with Dave Chadwick! I was just with Dave today at the Webb Expo in Augusta...Thought I might run into you there.

Hope to see you at the track at some point!

Jeff

That is too funny, Lisa and I were just talking about your name tongight and all the memories came back tonight. What are you doing now? Lisa and I are taking one of the kids to Boston to look at colleges the end of the week (time goes so quick), I was hoping to talk her into a detour in York, I asked him in the post if he would mind me stopping by. I have some customers that love the place, just so far for them to do weekly.
    jeffslat
    jeffslat

Post by jeffslat Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:19 pm

Kevin I am certain that Heath would welcome the visit. He is open on Friday 11-7. If you are coming through let me know and I will try to swing by to say hello.

The track is an easy stop just off 95…..

There are days that I doo miss the old days…..I have been working for a manufactures rep out of Sanford for almost 5 years now since I left Webb. I miss working with Anne and Dave if was just fun to always find a way to pull off some of the jobs we had!

So when did you jump into the hobby shop biz?

Please say hello to Lisa for me!

Jeff
    graniteleisure
    graniteleisure

Post by graniteleisure Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:40 pm

Long story really, had some serious back issues and could not do most of the things I had always done. It was a vent for me and I really liked it, plus it brought me and the kids together and gave us all some common fun. I had surgery the end of last year and was out for about four months, played with this while I could not get out and my son ran point to get a store built by my office and we opened this spring. We just opened the new RC Sports Center a few weeks ago but are not fully done, probably never done.
    My email is kevin@granite-corp.com if you want to send me your contact info, Lisa says hi as well.
    What lines you doing now?
    rcman973
    rcman973

Post by rcman973 Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:46 pm

Took my 1/8 buggy out on my track today to try to get rid of some of the grass that's starting to grow back and had my dad take some videos. Only have one video up from today but plan to add some more later.
    Here's a link to the video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alA8zfP5JOE

I also have some action pics from running. When I get them uploaded Ill post some of them.
    rcman973
    rcman973

Post by rcman973 Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:33 pm

Here are a few pics from yesterday.

backyard track IMG_1883
    backyard track IMG_1881
    backyard track IMG_1888
    backyard track IMG_1893
    graniteleisure
    graniteleisure

Post by graniteleisure Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:27 am

Keep them coming, looks like your having a good time, that is what it is all about. Great video and pictures. Thanks for sharing them
    rcman973
    rcman973

Post by rcman973 Sun May 16, 2010 8:34 pm

Well after 3 days of working with the weed wacker for a couple hours each night our backyard track is now grass free!!! Very Happy We got a load of dirt a few weeks ago and added a bank to the corner at the end of the long straight. We also added a jump so its not all flat any more. Its a small track but its a lot of fun to mess around on me, my dad, and my friend have have been having a lot of fun running on it. Here are a few new pic of the track. Its hard to see the bank and the jump in the first two pics but they are there. Hope everyone likes the pics.

I Know the pics will get cutoff on the edge so here's a link to see the full size versions of the pics.
    https://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g86/RCman973/backyard%20track/

backyard track Bkyedtrack2
    backyard track Bkyrdtrack
    backyard track IMG_2521
    backyard track IMG_2523

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:07 am