Maine-RC-Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Radio controlled racing

WWW.MAINERC.COM Welcome to the Maine R/C forum Register Today! WWW.MAINERC.COM

Clik on the Hobbyshops and Tracks links Please support your local hobby shop

Maximus R/C Raceway races every Wednesday night at 7 pm. & Saturdays at 5 pm

Evolution Hobbies and Raceway in Casco Maine. Outdoor Off Road Racing Sundays Spring Through Fall

GRANITE LEISURE TIME WEEKLY RACING ON FRIDAYS DOORS @ 5 RACING @ 7 AND SUNDAYS DOORS @ 12 RACING @ 1 PAN CAR, LEGENDS, SCT, 2WD BUGGY & VATERRA RALLY.

RAY & ROBBINS INDOOR OFF ROAD RACING TUESDAYS @ 6:30 ON ROAD RACING EVERY OTHER THURSDAY @ 6:30 (CALL STORE)

T&J R/C RACEWAY NOW OPEN IN WESTBROOK! INDOOR DIRT OVAL.

Latest topics

» for sale assoc. t5m stuff
In progress Road Course EmptySun May 06, 2018 3:32 pm by legend61

» dieing out ?
In progress Road Course EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 4:43 pm by bob.less13

» assoc.b5mbuggy
In progress Road Course EmptyTue Oct 10, 2017 11:23 pm by legend61

» looking to sell
In progress Road Course EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 5:05 pm by truck2552

» Thank you to all who attended
In progress Road Course EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 6:03 pm by iceman48

» This Sunday Sammy's Bash @ R&R's
In progress Road Course EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 10:50 am by iceman48

» One month to the first R&R bash 8-20-17
In progress Road Course EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 8:36 am by legend61

» assoc.b5m buggy
In progress Road Course EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 7:19 pm by truck2552

» Bash day August 20th @ Ray and Robins.
In progress Road Course EmptyFri Jun 02, 2017 5:54 pm by iceman48

UPCOMING R/C EVENTS

Ray & Robbins Hobby Center - Falmouth

RC Excitement - Fitchburg Mass.

Breakneck R/C - Livermore Falls

+2
Big Twins
graniteleisure
6 posters

In progress Road Course

graniteleisure
    graniteleisure

In progress Road Course Empty In progress Road Course

Post by graniteleisure Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:25 pm

We had a few of the jumps set up and had some Evaders out on it, we are testing them as rentals. K2 shot some video, and here is a link to it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YfzCPMsPx4&feature=autofb

Drop him a note if you have an comments and/or interest in joining in, looking to race Slash, stock and modified, some others also want to run Strikes, SC10 and Blitz when they come in, K2@graniteleisuretime.com

Still working on some other turns and jumps
    Big Twins
    Big Twins

In progress Road Course Empty Re: In progress Road Course

Post by Big Twins Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:49 pm

Hey Kevin did you or have you been able to up load the video made of the oval run this weekend. Cant wait to see it and have a friend in AZ to check it out.
    graniteleisure
    graniteleisure

Post by graniteleisure Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:55 pm

Drop K2 a love note, I know he wants to get it done just takes time. He decorated the Legend this afternoon, looks real good.

I am going to be late tomorrow, have senior night at the field for Ari, will be there before and after, might be a late one if you guys wait for me.
    Big Twins
    Big Twins

Post by Big Twins Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:11 pm

My son and I added some decals to the legends, his words make it scary and means so no one will get close to us.

I will be there early tomorow, leaving work to got to docs for treatment, snap crack pop. LOL maybe an hour
    haynesn12
    haynesn12

Post by haynesn12 Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:18 pm

i should be down around 6:30 since i dont get outta work till 5:30 tomorrow.
    graniteleisure
    graniteleisure

Post by graniteleisure Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:22 pm

haynesn12 wrote:i should be down around 6:30 since i dont get outta work till 5:30 tomorrow.
    want me to leave the radio and reciever in case? I love you Laughing
    Big Twins
    Big Twins

Post by Big Twins Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:48 am

Ben is the car at the track, if so I will start working on it for ya.

BiG K maybe a new car KSG all the way. LOL watch out hyper drive on the climb.
    graniteleisure
    graniteleisure

Post by graniteleisure Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:07 am

Here is the one with the mixed up stadiums K2 loaded it last night, would assume the oval will come out soon and we will know the truth. Anyways, here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5M2rGpqanQ&feature=autofb
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:54 am

graniteleisure

How is the Trackmate Lap counter working out? I am just wondering because like i have posted before we use the I-LAP infered and i was just wondering how you like your system.

Sean
    Evolution Hobbies
    graniteleisure
    graniteleisure

Post by graniteleisure Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:16 pm

It has been problem free, we have not set up the printing devices to it but the board is great. We have had some 3.06 laps up to 15.8 depending on the course. We have found that they will read thru some of the painted lids so requiring it in a clear location might not be required. We are still in the test mode. The interest we have had polling people as they come in is the expense for it. Most want to use it and we have found for the money they prefer to just buy one, two and three in some instances so they can just keep them in the cars and not change it around. We are still working on the course and trying to create some more off road stuff. I suspect over the next month or so we will know much more. Currently we have some forms on the counters and we are taking names, interests and racing vehicles, race verse just track time to nail a schedule down. Currently we are running the COT, 13.5 and Legends Tuesday and Sunday Nights. Tuesday we use as a newbie night to try and focus time to some guys just getting into it. Friday night we are tryign to promote short course trucks, Wednsaday night we are working on drifts, and 1/18 scale. We are still in working things out and up for suggestions still.
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:36 pm

graniteleisure

Ours will also read through most painted bodies.We have found that some RTR painted bodies it will not read through very well.These type of systems work very well, as you have already found out.I am sure people are still asking if you are going to swich to the AMB system.But when you have a system that works so well now ,it makes it hard to want to switch.
    It also it seems that the racers that you have already like the system because if the didn't they wouldn't be buying there own transponders.
    I am not sure yet but i think our transponders will work with your system and yours will work on ours.

Its also nice to keep the cost down by offering a transponder that cost $40(this what the I-LAP transponder cost) instead of $110 for the AMB.

Sean
    dancingd
    dancingd

Post by dancingd Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:27 pm

Kevin 1 if you stand up instead of leaning on the railing you could keep the truck under control... lol!
    graniteleisure
    graniteleisure

Post by graniteleisure Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:28 pm

dancingd wrote:Kevin 1 if you stand up instead of leaning on the railing you could keep the truck under control... lol!
    OUCH, that hurts
    dancingd
    dancingd

Post by dancingd Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:38 pm

Hows things going up there????????Looking forward to making the trip up there on the 29-30 of the month..
    Then I have to get ready for Tenn....

Last edited by dancingd on Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
    graniteleisure
    graniteleisure

Post by graniteleisure Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:12 pm

Headed out for practice, just closing up and going to run some COT, Legend and 13.5, practice, practice, practice
    dancingd
    dancingd

Post by dancingd Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:20 pm

graniteleisure wrote:Headed out for practice, just closing up and going to run some COT, Legend and 13.5, practice, practice, practice

Have fun.........
    jlawjimbo
    jlawjimbo

Post by jlawjimbo Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Hey hows it going? Just been watching some of your videos. The road course track looks awesome!! The stadiums and short course look like a ton of fun running on there! We just finished racing for the season down here so i got a lot of guys interested in doing some indoor racing. Have you guys got a schedule yet of what and when your racing so i can tell people about it. I know 6 to 10 that will come race stadiums and short course when your ready to race! What days do u run oval and or road course? Normand one of the owners is dying to come up and run his slash. See you guys soon for some indoor racing!! cheers Jim
    Big Twins
    Big Twins

Post by Big Twins Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:09 pm

As of right now short course trucks will run Friday night and oval will be tuesday(more for newbees but anyone can come, and sunday afternoon and evening, road course wed. But we are still looking for input on when the best times are for people.

Sunday oval racing will probly start at five pm, Tuesday night we want to spend extra time to help all new comers and not have it so that it racing to win type deal.. Help the sport grow and then have them move up and on to bigger things.. Being a racer you know how it can be to have new people come in and not getting the help needed do to racers working on there own cars and all.
    graniteleisure
    graniteleisure

Post by graniteleisure Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:03 pm

Big Twins wrote:As of right now short course trucks will run Friday night and oval will be tuesday(more for newbees but anyone can come, and sunday afternoon and evening, road course wed. But we are still looking for input on when the best times are for people.

Sunday oval racing will probly start at five pm, Tuesday night we want to spend extra time to help all new comers and not have it so that it racing to win type deal.. Help the sport grow and then have them move up and on to bigger things.. Being a racer you know how it can be to have new people come in and not getting the help needed do to racers working on there own cars and all.

Jim and I talked and I emailed him the thougths we put together based on all the sign in sheets we had here on the counters. He is working on spreading the word as well, thanks for jumping in, appreciate it. You should be here with your son running the Strike

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 4:17 pm