Maine-RC-Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Radio controlled racing

WWW.MAINERC.COM Welcome to the Maine R/C forum Register Today! WWW.MAINERC.COM

Clik on the Hobbyshops and Tracks links Please support your local hobby shop

Maximus R/C Raceway races every Wednesday night at 7 pm. & Saturdays at 5 pm

Evolution Hobbies and Raceway in Casco Maine. Outdoor Off Road Racing Sundays Spring Through Fall

GRANITE LEISURE TIME WEEKLY RACING ON FRIDAYS DOORS @ 5 RACING @ 7 AND SUNDAYS DOORS @ 12 RACING @ 1 PAN CAR, LEGENDS, SCT, 2WD BUGGY & VATERRA RALLY.

RAY & ROBBINS INDOOR OFF ROAD RACING TUESDAYS @ 6:30 ON ROAD RACING EVERY OTHER THURSDAY @ 6:30 (CALL STORE)

T&J R/C RACEWAY NOW OPEN IN WESTBROOK! INDOOR DIRT OVAL.

Latest topics

» for sale assoc. t5m stuff
Electrix 1/10th truck EmptySun May 06, 2018 3:32 pm by legend61

» dieing out ?
Electrix 1/10th truck EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 4:43 pm by bob.less13

» assoc.b5mbuggy
Electrix 1/10th truck EmptyTue Oct 10, 2017 11:23 pm by legend61

» looking to sell
Electrix 1/10th truck EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 5:05 pm by truck2552

» Thank you to all who attended
Electrix 1/10th truck EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 6:03 pm by iceman48

» This Sunday Sammy's Bash @ R&R's
Electrix 1/10th truck EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 10:50 am by iceman48

» One month to the first R&R bash 8-20-17
Electrix 1/10th truck EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 8:36 am by legend61

» assoc.b5m buggy
Electrix 1/10th truck EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 7:19 pm by truck2552

» Bash day August 20th @ Ray and Robins.
Electrix 1/10th truck EmptyFri Jun 02, 2017 5:54 pm by iceman48

UPCOMING R/C EVENTS

Ray & Robbins Hobby Center - Falmouth

RC Excitement - Fitchburg Mass.

Breakneck R/C - Livermore Falls

2 posters

Electrix 1/10th truck

DankRc
    DankRc

Electrix 1/10th truck Empty Electrix 1/10th truck

Post by DankRc Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:02 am

So Sean down at Evolution got in stock some of these trucks. Me and my friend each purchased one. So my first day of bashing and here is what I have for you. For the price this truck is pretty great. It has everything you need out the box, down to a 1600v battery pack, and aa's for the transmitter. Me and my friend broke em out on the track today. The suspension is a little soft but I believe some heavier oil would fix it. The 20 turn motor is good enough to get it around and have some fun but I would definitely like to see what the 15 turn available through Electrix's website could do. After I left the track I bashed it some more back here at my house. The truck is surprisingly nimble and pretty solid. It has the whole solid tie rods which isn't the greatest thing ever but it didn't break. I had one pop off on a trail but it easily popped back on. We took them off a 3 foot little gap and still no breaking which was pretty surprising. At the end of the day we were playing a little tag and.... finally a first break. I ran mine into my friend's right rear side and the axel sheered off where it meets the wheel. I don't know how hard this is going to be to find the right part hopefully Sean down at evolution has them in. All in all this truck is worth the cash if you wana get someone into the hobby. It is also a great roller to build off of. I will keep you guys posted on what I do with it and what happens.... velenion brushless system maybe? losi 12 turn? we will see what happens
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Electrix 1/10th truck Empty Re: Electrix 1/10th truck

Post by Evolution Hobbies Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:21 am

DankRC
    Finally a honest review of a new product.When i mean honest review ,i mean some one who owns or has driven the truck to give a review.Not just give a opinion on it based on cost or looks.I think the trucks are going to surprise people for what you pay for them.As for the part you broke i believe i have that part in stock .
    Like i said the company plans on adding a buggy and possibly a SC truck in the future based on the Circuits chassie,so this is just the beginning of this line of trucks.

Sean
    Evolution Hobbies

Last edited by Evolution Hobbies on Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
    DankRc
    DankRc

Post by DankRc Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:55 pm

Second day out running, still no breaks! The truck is super soft so the plastic bends instead of breaking. I have had some suspension parts pop off but they snap back on easily. The one thing I hope electrix's comes out with is adjustable control arms so you can set the camber. That is one of the only things keeping you from truly tuning this truck. Over this weekend I might pick up some new wheels and tires see what that does for it. I am gana fill the shocks up with a nice thick oil too and see if I can't get some rebound out of them. I am still very surprised with the way this truck is turning out. I will post again next time I break it out hope someone is gana find this useful.
    DankRc
    DankRc

Post by DankRc Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:14 pm

Alright so the truck was starting to wear on me. Not enough speed! This thing out of the box is basher supreme so what does every basher need? A velenion system. I popped in the velenion system got a bigger pinion gear in there and hit the dirt. The truck is super fast, the light weight chassis floats over the dirt. It gets up and goes. I was taking it up and over hills and jumps that it wouldn't of even come close too with the 12 turn in it. I am gana add some weight to the front to make the front end sit instead of float. As of now the ass end digs in and then squats so much the front cant get traction. I have a new love for this vehicle though hours of enjoyment and such a cheap price. Any one else out there got an electrix? I wana know your feedback. After putting the new motor in I did break a couple things. I pretty much ripped the whole left side of the front end off broke an a arm bent a hinge pin and lost a servo arm but it was all in good fun and one trip to evolution I should be able to fix everything. Anyways as always I have to give mad props to this truck it gets allot of abuse and has only broken a couple times! Before I put the new engine in I did put thicker oil in the shocks the handling of the truck was improved tenfold. The little things you tweak on this truck make a world of difference. So if anyone out there has one please post and we can start comparing set ups and stuff. Get some buzz going around about these trucks maybe we will see them raced one day.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 9:30 pm