Maine-RC-Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Radio controlled racing

WWW.MAINERC.COM Welcome to the Maine R/C forum Register Today! WWW.MAINERC.COM

Clik on the Hobbyshops and Tracks links Please support your local hobby shop

Maximus R/C Raceway races every Wednesday night at 7 pm. & Saturdays at 5 pm

Evolution Hobbies and Raceway in Casco Maine. Outdoor Off Road Racing Sundays Spring Through Fall

GRANITE LEISURE TIME WEEKLY RACING ON FRIDAYS DOORS @ 5 RACING @ 7 AND SUNDAYS DOORS @ 12 RACING @ 1 PAN CAR, LEGENDS, SCT, 2WD BUGGY & VATERRA RALLY.

RAY & ROBBINS INDOOR OFF ROAD RACING TUESDAYS @ 6:30 ON ROAD RACING EVERY OTHER THURSDAY @ 6:30 (CALL STORE)

T&J R/C RACEWAY NOW OPEN IN WESTBROOK! INDOOR DIRT OVAL.

Latest topics

» for sale assoc. t5m stuff
Thinking of building indoor track in Portland any interest or suggestions?  EmptySun May 06, 2018 3:32 pm by legend61

» dieing out ?
Thinking of building indoor track in Portland any interest or suggestions?  EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 4:43 pm by bob.less13

» assoc.b5mbuggy
Thinking of building indoor track in Portland any interest or suggestions?  EmptyTue Oct 10, 2017 11:23 pm by legend61

» looking to sell
Thinking of building indoor track in Portland any interest or suggestions?  EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 5:05 pm by truck2552

» Thank you to all who attended
Thinking of building indoor track in Portland any interest or suggestions?  EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 6:03 pm by iceman48

» This Sunday Sammy's Bash @ R&R's
Thinking of building indoor track in Portland any interest or suggestions?  EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 10:50 am by iceman48

» One month to the first R&R bash 8-20-17
Thinking of building indoor track in Portland any interest or suggestions?  EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 8:36 am by legend61

» assoc.b5m buggy
Thinking of building indoor track in Portland any interest or suggestions?  EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 7:19 pm by truck2552

» Bash day August 20th @ Ray and Robins.
Thinking of building indoor track in Portland any interest or suggestions?  EmptyFri Jun 02, 2017 5:54 pm by iceman48

UPCOMING R/C EVENTS

Ray & Robbins Hobby Center - Falmouth

RC Excitement - Fitchburg Mass.

Breakneck R/C - Livermore Falls

+6
Ronbo
comicguy6
Eagletal
bajamike207
Uncle Ron
extreme51merc
10 posters

Thinking of building indoor track in Portland any interest or suggestions?

extreme51merc

Thinking of building indoor track in Portland any interest or suggestions?  Empty Thinking of building indoor track in Portland any interest or suggestions?

Post by extreme51merc Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:46 am

approx 150 x 65 oval area of concrete looking to start track if there is enough interest. please comment so I can make decision. Please let me know what kind of track peopel are looking for as well.
    Uncle Ron
    Uncle Ron

Thinking of building indoor track in Portland any interest or suggestions?  Empty Re: Thinking of building indoor track in Portland any interest or suggestions?

Post by Uncle Ron Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:38 am

Are you thinking Oval on concret? Or carpeting down? Or are you thinking about a dirt track?
    bajamike207

Thinking of building indoor track in Portland any interest or suggestions?  Empty Re: Thinking of building indoor track in Portland any interest or suggestions?

Post by bajamike207 Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:00 pm

dirt off road please!!! build it and we will race !!! you'll get buggys and short course trucks. no problem, this is what we need around here for wintertime fun! cheers Cool
    extreme51merc

Post by extreme51merc Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:03 pm

the building is used as a roller rink so I was thinking of oval or roadcourse. I can do carpet or the concrete. Do people actually have dirt indoor tracks or use carpet?
    Uncle Ron
    Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:45 pm

Most of the tracks around here are carpet road course with jump for the short course trucks that can be removed for a road course for cars. Witch is fine an fun. But there is a need for a indoor dirt road course with jumps. For short course trucks, stadium trucks, monster trucks an 4x4 buggies. So you are limited on what you can run on the carpet. Where on the dirt or even clay you can run more different kinds of rc's. cheers
    Eagletal

Post by Eagletal Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:45 pm

Yeah, definitely a off road dirt track would be awesome! Closest one is in Mass...

bajamike207

Post by bajamike207 Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:17 pm

no carpet!! if you go with dirt, you'll get much, much more people!! there's already a carpet track @ maximus. i've already told a few friends about this, and they all said, hell yeah!! never too old to play in the dirt. this would be better than going to mass. for some good racing!! Idea cheers
    extreme51merc

Post by extreme51merc Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:28 pm

what is the avg cost and attendance to a night of racing
    comicguy6
    comicguy6

Post by comicguy6 Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:32 pm

club racin is 10 to 15 dollars and trophy races are 30 and 15 to 20 each class after.
    bajamike207

Post by bajamike207 Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:45 pm

$15 1s about the going rate, and if you go with a dirt track, you will get the most people. carpet racing is not nearly as popular as offroad racing nowadays. electrics are very hot right now, cheap and fun. casco is still racing outside, but only for a few more weeks. indoors would be swell.!!

Ronbo
    Ronbo

Post by Ronbo Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:07 pm

off road dirt is the way to go that would be awesome
    wheres_yogi

Post by wheres_yogi Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:28 pm

i am all about indoor dirt track!!! indoor that could run nitro would the best but probably wont happen in that building. as the saying goes, if you build it they will come.
    BLITZkrieg
    BLITZkrieg

Post by BLITZkrieg Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:53 am

Indoor dirt for sure.
    Fixerdude

Thinking of building indoor track in Portland any interest or suggestions?  Empty Indoor track

Post by Fixerdude Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:02 am

MAN COUNT ME IN!! SHOULD DRAW AN AWESOME TURNOUT IN THE WINTER.. MIKE SAID IT, HAVE TO TRAVEL TO MASS TO INDOOR DIRT RACE IN THE COLD MONTHS.
    extreme51merc

Post by extreme51merc Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:18 am

the track I would build would have to be portable, as the roller rink is still open, please email me some layouts of tracks you guys would like to see and I will see what I can do, extreme51merc@aol.com I want to build what the racers want to use and will pay to use.
    comicguy6
    comicguy6

Post by comicguy6 Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:00 pm

what type of transponder system u gonna use?
    bajamike207

Post by bajamike207 Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:20 pm

cant you just 86 the roller skating?? you would probably get more business from a well organized race program ,besides this 2010 do they even make roller skates anymore ?? !!! : scratch lol!
    comicguy6
    comicguy6

Post by comicguy6 Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:57 pm

a roller skating ring that still in operation. some how that may not be a good idea whats gonna happen with spilt shock oil and such on the floor?
    extreme51merc

Post by extreme51merc Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:01 pm

you would be shocked how many peopl still skate lol ! I am willing to set up indoor track if it is worth it to me. Need to know what you guys would think I would see for turnout. Also wondering what the gas fumes are like with the gas motors, there is ventalation system to air it out . Full lights music food
    Daylack
    Daylack

Thinking of building indoor track in Portland any interest or suggestions?  Empty I would love an indoor track

Post by Daylack Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:15 pm

i would go every week if there was an indoor track in portland i drive kyosho ultma sc 2wd sct.
    comicguy6
    comicguy6

Post by comicguy6 Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:21 pm

would there be jmps or u thinking oval racing road coarse what are thinking of doin. how big etc.
    extreme51merc

Post by extreme51merc Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:36 pm

I can do whatever you guys want. just need to know what you guys want. please send all suggestions to me including sketches and comments
    extreme51merc@aol.com
    Uncle Ron
    Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:07 pm

What kind of time frame are you looking to open an day of the week?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:01 am