Maine-RC-Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Radio controlled racing

WWW.MAINERC.COM Welcome to the Maine R/C forum Register Today! WWW.MAINERC.COM

Clik on the Hobbyshops and Tracks links Please support your local hobby shop

Maximus R/C Raceway races every Wednesday night at 7 pm. & Saturdays at 5 pm

Evolution Hobbies and Raceway in Casco Maine. Outdoor Off Road Racing Sundays Spring Through Fall

GRANITE LEISURE TIME WEEKLY RACING ON FRIDAYS DOORS @ 5 RACING @ 7 AND SUNDAYS DOORS @ 12 RACING @ 1 PAN CAR, LEGENDS, SCT, 2WD BUGGY & VATERRA RALLY.

RAY & ROBBINS INDOOR OFF ROAD RACING TUESDAYS @ 6:30 ON ROAD RACING EVERY OTHER THURSDAY @ 6:30 (CALL STORE)

T&J R/C RACEWAY NOW OPEN IN WESTBROOK! INDOOR DIRT OVAL.

Latest topics

» for sale assoc. t5m stuff
Sunday May 8th! EmptySun May 06, 2018 3:32 pm by legend61

» dieing out ?
Sunday May 8th! EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 4:43 pm by bob.less13

» assoc.b5mbuggy
Sunday May 8th! EmptyTue Oct 10, 2017 11:23 pm by legend61

» looking to sell
Sunday May 8th! EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 5:05 pm by truck2552

» Thank you to all who attended
Sunday May 8th! EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 6:03 pm by iceman48

» This Sunday Sammy's Bash @ R&R's
Sunday May 8th! EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 10:50 am by iceman48

» One month to the first R&R bash 8-20-17
Sunday May 8th! EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 8:36 am by legend61

» assoc.b5m buggy
Sunday May 8th! EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 7:19 pm by truck2552

» Bash day August 20th @ Ray and Robins.
Sunday May 8th! EmptyFri Jun 02, 2017 5:54 pm by iceman48

UPCOMING R/C EVENTS

Ray & Robbins Hobby Center - Falmouth

RC Excitement - Fitchburg Mass.

Breakneck R/C - Livermore Falls

+7
Eagletal
drframing
eastcider
J. May
racingff
Evolution Hobbies
TeamAssociated_Kevin
11 posters

Sunday May 8th!

TeamAssociated_Kevin
    TeamAssociated_Kevin

Sunday May 8th! Empty Sunday May 8th!

Post by TeamAssociated_Kevin Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:23 pm

Ohhh....I see you announced the first day for outdoor racing up Sean. Very nice! Please post here if you need volunteers to help build up the track. Until it just snowed, I was bombing around the yard with the Summit. Can't wait for racing.

BTW, do you have any of the iLap transponders in stock? I might be intestered in one if so. I know there are a lot of new racers this year who are very likely to be headed up to Casco for racing. Those things will be in demand.

Cheers!
    Kevin
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Sunday May 8th! Empty Re: Sunday May 8th!

Post by Evolution Hobbies Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:03 pm

Kevin
    I will be getting I-LAP PTS in soon.You can also order your own PT from the I-LAP website at www.rclapcounter.com .Got 10" of new snow out here,so just keep watching for updates on the date .It may change due to it being Mothers day that Sunday the 8th and if the track can be ready in time.Even when the snow is all gone ,i will need a week of dry warm weather to dry the track up enough to work on it.

* Rule change in Spec Slash class you may upgrade the steering servo.I am allowing this because the stock Traxxas servo #2075 gears strip out often.So this is more of a durability upgrade than a performance up grade.
    I will be posting the new rules as well as the Spec Slash rules on the track site soon.

Sean
    Evolution Hobbies
    Twisted Evil
    racingff

Post by racingff Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:54 pm

Mothers day isnt a good day to open that will get me in trouble. lol!
    J. May

Post by J. May Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:21 pm

It worked out fine last year on mothers day. My wife knows i have been waiting for this day all winter, she understands. Good thing!
    J. May

Post by J. May Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:30 pm

Im gonna be going down to track next week and doing some maint. to help out sean and myself so i can tear it up again. Some of the projects that will be going on is extending drivers stand and installing a roof for thoes hot days, good place to mount lighting for track also. And plenty of raking and shoveling for all!!! Were not far away from gettin' dirty! I cant wait!!!!!!
    TeamAssociated_Kevin
    TeamAssociated_Kevin

Post by TeamAssociated_Kevin Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:32 pm

Should I bring a snowblower? Lol
    J. May

Post by J. May Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:42 pm

LOL! nope snow all gone and i was walking around on lower section and frost out. i could have run on lower half, and i expect after this next rain track will be fine to start work on. I was very suprised to see how good of shape it was in. Most of track was dry and no snow. Wahooooooo!!!
    eastcider
    eastcider

Post by eastcider Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:59 am

No Snow .... and Green flags for the 8th ... all we need are the rockstar girls ... 4x4 ride .... Rolling Eyes
    and the Rockstar girls ....
    Can this be done ??
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:07 am

The Rockstar girls i will see what i can do on that . lol!
    The track looks like it will be ready for the 8th,it will be like last year set up for now.Then i will be adding some more jumps ,bumps and maybe a table top jump.That won't be done until late May early June.The goal right now is just to get up and going and get the races started.

Sean
    drframing

Sunday May 8th! Empty racing classes

Post by drframing Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:42 pm

still can't decide between 1/10 4wd buggy and 1/8 4wd buggy any suggestions?
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:44 pm

drframing

Even though there are a few more 1/0 4wd buggies out there,this class may still be a very limited class for right now.1/8th scale electrics is most likely going to a bigger class to start the season out of the two classes.
    A matter of fact i was out there on the track last night with Nate S. running his Associated RC8BE 1/8th electric buggy for the first time.He has video that he may be putting up.Track is not ready but he couldn't resist the urge!

Sean
    Evolution Hobbies
    eastcider
    eastcider

Post by eastcider Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:08 pm

amazing what a 600$ dishwasher can get yah ... so far i have all the racing days i want Very Happy
    outa state too ...
    Eagletal

Post by Eagletal Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:31 pm

Glad to here there will be a 1/8th buggy class this year cheers can't wait!
    Flyingfinn#8
    Flyingfinn#8

Post by Flyingfinn#8 Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:36 pm

Can you run 17.5 brushless in the SCT class??
    wheres_yogi

Sunday May 8th! Empty class info

Post by wheres_yogi Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:49 pm

hey sean, im looking at picking up a losi muggy. is that a truck you would let run with the nitro truggys or the monster trucks? just want to make sure that if i get it, i would be able to race it at the track

thanks
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:21 am

Flyingfinn#8
    Yes,you can run 17.5 brushless in 2wd sct stock class,but not in Slash Spec class.

wheres yogi
    The Losi Muggy would run in the nitro truggy class.Just keep in mind that nitros have had a limited showing at mt track in the past.There are some who want to run nitro ,its just getting them to show up at one time .Also keep in mind nitro's run on Sunday racing only,Friday night racing is electric only when it starts in June.Also keep in mind the Muggy is a discontinued truck and some parts will start to become hard to find.

Sean
    Evolution Hobbies and Raceway
    TeamAssociated_Kevin
    TeamAssociated_Kevin

Post by TeamAssociated_Kevin Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:45 am

Hi Sean, you know I just put a Tekin R8 motor in my Summit and the thing is literally a 15lb missile now affraid Having run at cumberlandrc for a couple years I have seen how fun, but dangerous, these monstor trucks, nitros, and 1/8th scale buggies can be. Big, heavy, fast, usually all metal, and ability to do jumps over your head.

That said you usually have a lot of youngsters at your racetrack which is great for the hobby. Could you request that corner marshals for these fast & furious classes be ADULTS ONLY? People out on the track really have to be on their toes at all times. I would feel really bad accidently hitting a little guy with one of these, which is a world of difference from say a spec slash with huge bumpers and lots of lexan.

Just keeping it real, and looking forward to racing this year thanks! cheers

Kevin
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:39 am

Kevin
    That was some thing i was going to bring up at the first drivers meeting.Along with the usual rules for the season .PLUS two new ones ,checking in at the beginning of the race and after the race.drivers will come off the drivers stand and put the trucks and buggies on a table near the driver stand and go directly out to corner marshal.No going back to pits after racing ,the exception will be running in the next race.

Also Kevin we will have to see how many monster trucks show up.

Sean
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:53 pm

Just to let everyone know,when the track opens on the 8th.The track layout will be basic layout as far as jumps.This will most likely change in late May or early June.The plan is to add more jumps,a table top jump and some other items such as staggered bumps and/or studder bumps.

Also the drivers stand will be getting longer by either 4 or 6ft.Plus a roof to help on those really hot days.Again this may not be done for opening day but will be done soon after.Then i will look at adding lighting for Friday nights ,starting in June.Friday night start date will be posted in a couple of weeks.

Sean
    Evolution Hobbies and Raceway
    Eagletal

Post by Eagletal Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:56 pm

Basic meaning less jumps from last years layout???
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:20 am

Eagletal

About the same a last year as far as jumps.The biggest change for now is the back were the two wooden jumps were.They are coming out and just a small dirt jump will be there until the track change.The over all track layout will be the same as last year.All the other jumps will be worked on to be like last year.Hope to have tractor here this week to finish up the rest thats needs to be done ,including back dragging ares to make them a flat surface.The whole track has been swept to get most of the debris and rocks out of it .

Sean
    Eagletal

Post by Eagletal Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:08 pm

Oh ok. Glad to hear about the wooden table top being removed! I never cared for it.
    TeamAssociated_Kevin
    TeamAssociated_Kevin

Post by TeamAssociated_Kevin Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:26 pm

Uh oh my weather channel 10 day forecast says rain all next week thru the weekend. Trying to stay positive but that's a downer! Sounds like even if Sunday is clear it might be quite muddy.
    Crying or Very sad
    Flyingfinn#8
    Flyingfinn#8

Post by Flyingfinn#8 Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:50 pm

In brushless do you run open speed control or spec mode???
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:02 pm

flyingfinn#8

At this point in time the ESC are left open.With so many ESC having timing and "boost" its just to much to start teching ESC.Even some of the less expensive ESC have these feature's.All that timing and boost features are going to help a little less on a off road track compared to a oval or road course.Plus some drivers can have all that but it still come s down to driving skill.

Sean

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:01 am