Maine-RC-Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Radio controlled racing

WWW.MAINERC.COM Welcome to the Maine R/C forum Register Today! WWW.MAINERC.COM

Clik on the Hobbyshops and Tracks links Please support your local hobby shop

Maximus R/C Raceway races every Wednesday night at 7 pm. & Saturdays at 5 pm

Evolution Hobbies and Raceway in Casco Maine. Outdoor Off Road Racing Sundays Spring Through Fall

GRANITE LEISURE TIME WEEKLY RACING ON FRIDAYS DOORS @ 5 RACING @ 7 AND SUNDAYS DOORS @ 12 RACING @ 1 PAN CAR, LEGENDS, SCT, 2WD BUGGY & VATERRA RALLY.

RAY & ROBBINS INDOOR OFF ROAD RACING TUESDAYS @ 6:30 ON ROAD RACING EVERY OTHER THURSDAY @ 6:30 (CALL STORE)

T&J R/C RACEWAY NOW OPEN IN WESTBROOK! INDOOR DIRT OVAL.

Latest topics

» for sale assoc. t5m stuff
Anyone Race a T-MAXX ?? EmptySun May 06, 2018 3:32 pm by legend61

» dieing out ?
Anyone Race a T-MAXX ?? EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 4:43 pm by bob.less13

» assoc.b5mbuggy
Anyone Race a T-MAXX ?? EmptyTue Oct 10, 2017 11:23 pm by legend61

» looking to sell
Anyone Race a T-MAXX ?? EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 5:05 pm by truck2552

» Thank you to all who attended
Anyone Race a T-MAXX ?? EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 6:03 pm by iceman48

» This Sunday Sammy's Bash @ R&R's
Anyone Race a T-MAXX ?? EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 10:50 am by iceman48

» One month to the first R&R bash 8-20-17
Anyone Race a T-MAXX ?? EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 8:36 am by legend61

» assoc.b5m buggy
Anyone Race a T-MAXX ?? EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 7:19 pm by truck2552

» Bash day August 20th @ Ray and Robins.
Anyone Race a T-MAXX ?? EmptyFri Jun 02, 2017 5:54 pm by iceman48

UPCOMING R/C EVENTS

Ray & Robbins Hobby Center - Falmouth

RC Excitement - Fitchburg Mass.

Breakneck R/C - Livermore Falls

+2
mtrucker
rcracer207
6 posters

Anyone Race a T-MAXX ??

rcracer207
    rcracer207
    Admin

Anyone Race a T-MAXX ?? Empty Anyone Race a T-MAXX ??

Post by rcracer207 Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:49 pm

Looking for some advice for race setup, have some questions, looking to start racing.
    mtrucker
    mtrucker

Anyone Race a T-MAXX ?? Empty Re: Anyone Race a T-MAXX ??

Post by mtrucker Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:19 am

Traxxas_Nate wrote:Looking for some advice for race setup, have some questions, looking to start racing.
    you can make a tmaxx go pretty good with the right stuff,,do you have a newer 3.3 maxx or an older version?
    freelife04239
    freelife04239

Post by freelife04239 Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:47 am

there was 3 tmax well i know one was an emax but they raced at the race on the 12th
    rcracer207
    rcracer207
    Admin

Post by rcracer207 Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:34 am

Its a T-Maxx 2.5 chassis with a TRX 3.3 engine. Aftermarket pipe, traxxas big bore shocks, stiffer springs and thicker oil. Still running stock wheels and chevron tires. I know thats something I need to upgrade just dont have $80 right now for RC rubber.
    Took it to Evolution Hobbies track this week for my first ever track experience. Much fun but I need to alter setup and make a few other changes I think. Sluggish/slow servos especially steering. Think it sits up to high. anyone have some setup advice?
    mtrucker
    mtrucker

Anyone Race a T-MAXX ?? Empty maximummaxx

Post by mtrucker Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:37 am

I raced Tmaxxes for a few years,,try and find the longest aftermarket chassis you can get there should be hundreds of mfgs out there that have extended chassis, I used a chassis called a Pro Hobby Pistol(mfg by Danny Beers) you can probably find him online still, move as much weight to the front as you can,run all plastic bulks arms and towers, plastic drive shafts (,a real good investment for a tmaxx is the proline ballbearing steering system, a full set of traxxas big bore shocks run all 8, Losi stadium truck springs blues in front greens in rear start with 40 weight oil all around,,if you dont get a extended length chassis then dont run wide offset wheels,if you do get a longer chassis run 1/2 offsets, I would suggest a set of proline Bowties they will work just about everywhere you go to race in the northeast,,dont let anyone talk you into a big engine, anything more than a .18 smallblock will eat the diffs Twisted Evil after it eats the input shaft in the tranny and the fwd only gears Twisted Evil !

Last edited by mtrucker on Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : very bad spellah)
    rcracer207
    rcracer207
    Admin

Post by rcracer207 Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:45 pm

After doing some more research I think I,m either going to swap out the stock 2055 steering servo with a revo 2070 steering servo. Much more torque and a little quicker. Either that or I may buy the Hitec 645mg.

The other upgrade I want to make is replacing the stock 4 AA battery TX setup and go to a 6V hump pack or a venom 7.4V lipo RX pack. I think these two upgrades will help sharpen up the responsiveness of my maxx and get me started out on the track.
    papermaker
    papermaker

Post by papermaker Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:21 pm

Hump pack---onlybarrerypacks.com 10155, works great for me, price is right.
    tmaxxdaddy1
    tmaxxdaddy1

Post by tmaxxdaddy1 Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:03 pm

Hey there.
    Your research is good, Keep getting your info from there. The top 3 upgrades is battery, servo and tires.There is a steering mod that can get you more travel by cutting the "stops".(that doesn't cost anything.) An upgraded radio will allow you to "tune" things finer than just wrenching. If you are new to racing or the hobby stick with the stock gear until you are ready for "fine tuning".
    Suspension on the T-maxx has tons of options. I would suggest starting with a 35 weight shock oil all around and a medium spring rate. you should set your suspesion travel to its least amount of travel (or the next hole in) very little toe in and maybe a 1 degree camber in as well. Start there and ajust as needed.
    rcracer207
    rcracer207
    Admin

Post by rcracer207 Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:02 pm

got a 2070 digital servo coming and a 6v hump pack. Going to give that a try and see if it wakes the steering up a bit. I already have moved the shocks to the outer positions on the arms, lowering/stiffening the truck. Im running Traxxas alum. big bores with 50wt all around and four stock springs and 4 medium trinity blue springs (one on each corner) and it seems to be a good setup for now, seems to work well. Still cant swing $75-$80 bucks right now for new rubber and wheels so probably have to start racing with the stock tires/wheels but should be fun anyway. Would like to upgrade the radio but will have to wait.
    Badmonkey
    Badmonkey

Post by Badmonkey Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:20 pm

i did a long time ageo when super maxx still made parts

as far at geting it race ready

go to 4 1/8 scale shocks the hyper 7 rear shocks work realy good
    get a nitro rulster tank
    get a foc
    a wing
    some nice tires
    a nice pipe

if your going to use a 645 you may as well gust go with the 4645 i think thats the one its the one that replacet the 645
    or try a blue bird servo that what we ran and thay wher very good for the price

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 11:08 am