Maine-RC-Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Radio controlled racing

WWW.MAINERC.COM Welcome to the Maine R/C forum Register Today! WWW.MAINERC.COM

Clik on the Hobbyshops and Tracks links Please support your local hobby shop

Maximus R/C Raceway races every Wednesday night at 7 pm. & Saturdays at 5 pm

Evolution Hobbies and Raceway in Casco Maine. Outdoor Off Road Racing Sundays Spring Through Fall

GRANITE LEISURE TIME WEEKLY RACING ON FRIDAYS DOORS @ 5 RACING @ 7 AND SUNDAYS DOORS @ 12 RACING @ 1 PAN CAR, LEGENDS, SCT, 2WD BUGGY & VATERRA RALLY.

RAY & ROBBINS INDOOR OFF ROAD RACING TUESDAYS @ 6:30 ON ROAD RACING EVERY OTHER THURSDAY @ 6:30 (CALL STORE)

T&J R/C RACEWAY NOW OPEN IN WESTBROOK! INDOOR DIRT OVAL.

Latest topics

» for sale assoc. t5m stuff
Roar short course rules EmptySun May 06, 2018 3:32 pm by legend61

» dieing out ?
Roar short course rules EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 4:43 pm by bob.less13

» assoc.b5mbuggy
Roar short course rules EmptyTue Oct 10, 2017 11:23 pm by legend61

» looking to sell
Roar short course rules EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 5:05 pm by truck2552

» Thank you to all who attended
Roar short course rules EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 6:03 pm by iceman48

» This Sunday Sammy's Bash @ R&R's
Roar short course rules EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 10:50 am by iceman48

» One month to the first R&R bash 8-20-17
Roar short course rules EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 8:36 am by legend61

» assoc.b5m buggy
Roar short course rules EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 7:19 pm by truck2552

» Bash day August 20th @ Ray and Robins.
Roar short course rules EmptyFri Jun 02, 2017 5:54 pm by iceman48

UPCOMING R/C EVENTS

Ray & Robbins Hobby Center - Falmouth

RC Excitement - Fitchburg Mass.

Breakneck R/C - Livermore Falls

3 posters

Roar short course rules

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Roar short course rules Empty Roar short course rules

Post by Admin Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:00 pm

this might save people time looking through all the other rules to get to the meat and potatos of the slash-sc10-rules http://www.roarracing.com/downloads/2009_ROAR_SCT_Provisional_Class_Rules.pdf
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Roar short course rules Empty Re: Roar short course rules

Post by Evolution Hobbies Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:33 am

These are the rules that we based our's from .The biggest thing that we added was that you could run the stock motors that come in the SCT truck's ,with no mods to the motor.We did this so that the new racers who just bought a truck would not have to put out more money for a new motor to get into racing.

ROAR is already thinking of dropping the Slash Spec from it's big SCT races .Next year it will most likely be "stock" and "open" SCT classes, no more truck seperation by brand.Which is the way it should be,stock and open!There will be to many new trucks out to seperate them because of the chassie diferences.I see that they will have to add a 4WD SCT class.

As for the other tread about custom making tires by cutting or tread mod ,i think the ROAR rules is clear NO TIRE MODS.

One more thing to add.I believe the rules can change to benifit the racers and track owners if needed in club racing.But racers have to be realistic when asking for rule or class change.Changes have to benifit everybody NOT just a small group of racer who want thing's there way.

Sean
    Evolution Hobbies
    RC4ME
    RC4ME

Roar short course rules Empty stock

Post by RC4ME Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:00 am

I think what made the slash class such a HUGE succes was the fact that if you bought a slash,took it out of the box and put in a battery you were equal to everybody on the racetrack,,when a spectator came up and asked after a race"hey where do I get one of those?",,,,"what do I need to race with you guys"?" will a box stock new one run like those did"? YES just got to soandsos hobby shop or wherever and buy it bring it here and you can go just as good if you can drive it! soon it will be" well you really need a 150 dollar brushless system,, some 50 dollar tires yada yada there goes the class. I know I know Billybob down the road won the Amain last night with a stock motor,or Tommyboy lapped the whole field with stock tires. Bottom line is 5 totally equal drivers,5 slashes 2 have brushless and hot tires and the rest are box stock I bet 9 out of 10 races the will be won by the brushless and hot tire drivers,,,. Maybe I'm just thinking about it all wrong but to me,if you want to mod a vehicle run a stadium- MT or a 1/8 buggy! keep the stock-spec classes just that- stock! I know the hobby shops want to sell parts ,I understand its a tough bussiness but look how many new people have come into the hobby with stock-spec vehicles,I bet the slash alone has brought more people into the hobby nationwide than all the rest put together!,more people has to be good for everybody in the hobby. sorry just venting here Exclamation I'l go laydown now
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Roar short course rules Empty SCT rules

Post by Evolution Hobbies Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:39 am

Once and for all I will say this. NO tire mods allowed, this means no cut tread, no cut 2.2" tires to fit SCT rims, and no stadium truck tires on the SCT trucks. We may have been lax the past month or so but this is how it will be from this date on. If you cannot comply with this then you will be placed in a modified SCT class. We fashioned our rules around the ROAR rules which allow tires that match the stock tire/wheel combo, stock motors that come with the vehicle, 27T ROAR approved stock motors and 17.5 brushless motors. This is what will be followed at our big race in September. Very simply put, stock as shown and anything else is modified.
    Yes, it is a tough business and the retail shops that have tracks(not tracks that are there to support someones hobby) are doing their best to support the racers. We sell very few replacement parts because we have a forgiving track, so those that purchase other items do so to try to beat the competition( the old mine is bigger than yours rule) This is why the aftermarket parts are available, to give an edge. If you feel you need that edge the items are available. In the end it comes down to driving ability as we all know.
    Bob
    Evolution Hobbies

Sponsored content

Roar short course rules Empty Re: Roar short course rules

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:40 am