Maine-RC-Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Radio controlled racing

WWW.MAINERC.COM Welcome to the Maine R/C forum Register Today! WWW.MAINERC.COM

Clik on the Hobbyshops and Tracks links Please support your local hobby shop

Maximus R/C Raceway races every Wednesday night at 7 pm. & Saturdays at 5 pm

Evolution Hobbies and Raceway in Casco Maine. Outdoor Off Road Racing Sundays Spring Through Fall

GRANITE LEISURE TIME WEEKLY RACING ON FRIDAYS DOORS @ 5 RACING @ 7 AND SUNDAYS DOORS @ 12 RACING @ 1 PAN CAR, LEGENDS, SCT, 2WD BUGGY & VATERRA RALLY.

RAY & ROBBINS INDOOR OFF ROAD RACING TUESDAYS @ 6:30 ON ROAD RACING EVERY OTHER THURSDAY @ 6:30 (CALL STORE)

T&J R/C RACEWAY NOW OPEN IN WESTBROOK! INDOOR DIRT OVAL.

Latest topics

» for sale assoc. t5m stuff
Poll Qustion - Oval or Offroad this Sunday? EmptySun May 06, 2018 3:32 pm by legend61

» dieing out ?
Poll Qustion - Oval or Offroad this Sunday? EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 4:43 pm by bob.less13

» assoc.b5mbuggy
Poll Qustion - Oval or Offroad this Sunday? EmptyTue Oct 10, 2017 11:23 pm by legend61

» looking to sell
Poll Qustion - Oval or Offroad this Sunday? EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 5:05 pm by truck2552

» Thank you to all who attended
Poll Qustion - Oval or Offroad this Sunday? EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 6:03 pm by iceman48

» This Sunday Sammy's Bash @ R&R's
Poll Qustion - Oval or Offroad this Sunday? EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 10:50 am by iceman48

» One month to the first R&R bash 8-20-17
Poll Qustion - Oval or Offroad this Sunday? EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 8:36 am by legend61

» assoc.b5m buggy
Poll Qustion - Oval or Offroad this Sunday? EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 7:19 pm by truck2552

» Bash day August 20th @ Ray and Robins.
Poll Qustion - Oval or Offroad this Sunday? EmptyFri Jun 02, 2017 5:54 pm by iceman48

UPCOMING R/C EVENTS

Ray & Robbins Hobby Center - Falmouth

RC Excitement - Fitchburg Mass.

Breakneck R/C - Livermore Falls

4 posters

Poll Qustion - Oval or Offroad this Sunday?

Poll

Oval - Off Road

[ 2 ]
    Poll Qustion - Oval or Offroad this Sunday? Bar_left40%Poll Qustion - Oval or Offroad this Sunday? Bar_right [40%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Poll Qustion - Oval or Offroad this Sunday? Bar_left60%Poll Qustion - Oval or Offroad this Sunday? Bar_right [60%] 

Total Votes: 5
    Poll closed
    teamflash44
    teamflash44

Poll Qustion - Oval or Offroad this Sunday? Empty Poll Qustion - Oval or Offroad this Sunday?

Post by teamflash44 Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:45 pm

Poll question for everyone ...... Who would prefer to run oval this Sunday and who would prefer to run Off Road this Sunday? Serious consideration is being made to enlarge the oval and run the oval track twice a week (Wednesday and Sunday) and run the off road once a month.  In addition to enlarging the oval, we are considering adding progressive banking to the turns.  This will make for a better oval and give us better opportunity for maintenance and grooming to make the best oval possible. Let us know your thoughts please leave comments. Thank you
    wheres_yogi

Poll Qustion - Oval or Offroad this Sunday? Empty Re: Poll Qustion - Oval or Offroad this Sunday?

Post by wheres_yogi Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:12 pm

If you make it oval for most of the time are you going to run just oval classes on it or will you allow other classes as well. I have a losi 22 but it's not the rtr buggy, will they be an open buggy class?
    teamflash44
    teamflash44

Poll Qustion - Oval or Offroad this Sunday? Empty Re: Poll Qustion - Oval or Offroad this Sunday?

Post by teamflash44 Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:04 pm

Yes it is open 2wd buggy class.  Some have started putting late model bodies on their buggies, but it is still a 2wd buggy class.  Most everyone is running 13.5 but we are not enforcing a motor spec at this point.  Any 2wd buggy is welcome.
    Thank you!
    wfd44

Post by wfd44 Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:32 pm

Seems like its kind of quick to be ditching off road since you haven't even run one full day of real off road racing yet, just the day of practice with a main at the end iirc. 

You haven't even got the track settled in enough to run 4wd SCT yet (the class I am looking to run. 

I don't think you can be sure what is or isn't going to work at this point. You had put out, quite publicly that you were going to have weekly oval and off road racing. I don't have anything ready, that I want to run oval with at this point. But I do have a couple of options to run off road. I will probably get into oval at some point just not right now.
    Fixerdude

Post by Fixerdude Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:24 am

Hope to make it to the track for the 1st time Sunday, 4x4 off-road running pending??  I would like to try oval because I never have,but  Jumps,bumps and rhythm sections do it for me!

Thanks...
    teamflash44
    teamflash44

Post by teamflash44 Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:16 am

We will run what the majority wants to do.  If there is interest in running off road then we'll run off road.  So far, I have had just about no interest in running off road.  We are not running 4x4 SCT at this point because they are tearing the track up to a point where we can't keep up with the repair during the race meet. As for not having anything ready to run yet, we are running 2wd SCT with truck bodies, 2wd buggies with buggy bodies or late model bodies, and we are running 1/14 Rally Car.  We will run other classes if there are atleast 4.  Whatever you have to run, bring it down and we'll find a class for you to run with.  The track is prepped for either course.  It takes 15 minutes to more the barriers.  We can set up and run either course Sunday.
    Thank you

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:07 am