Maine-RC-Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Radio controlled racing

WWW.MAINERC.COM Welcome to the Maine R/C forum Register Today! WWW.MAINERC.COM

Clik on the Hobbyshops and Tracks links Please support your local hobby shop

Maximus R/C Raceway races every Wednesday night at 7 pm. & Saturdays at 5 pm

Evolution Hobbies and Raceway in Casco Maine. Outdoor Off Road Racing Sundays Spring Through Fall

GRANITE LEISURE TIME WEEKLY RACING ON FRIDAYS DOORS @ 5 RACING @ 7 AND SUNDAYS DOORS @ 12 RACING @ 1 PAN CAR, LEGENDS, SCT, 2WD BUGGY & VATERRA RALLY.

RAY & ROBBINS INDOOR OFF ROAD RACING TUESDAYS @ 6:30 ON ROAD RACING EVERY OTHER THURSDAY @ 6:30 (CALL STORE)

T&J R/C RACEWAY NOW OPEN IN WESTBROOK! INDOOR DIRT OVAL.

Latest topics

» for sale assoc. t5m stuff
Feedback on slash-statewide rules EmptySun May 06, 2018 3:32 pm by legend61

» dieing out ?
Feedback on slash-statewide rules EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 4:43 pm by bob.less13

» assoc.b5mbuggy
Feedback on slash-statewide rules EmptyTue Oct 10, 2017 11:23 pm by legend61

» looking to sell
Feedback on slash-statewide rules EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 5:05 pm by truck2552

» Thank you to all who attended
Feedback on slash-statewide rules EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 6:03 pm by iceman48

» This Sunday Sammy's Bash @ R&R's
Feedback on slash-statewide rules EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 10:50 am by iceman48

» One month to the first R&R bash 8-20-17
Feedback on slash-statewide rules EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 8:36 am by legend61

» assoc.b5m buggy
Feedback on slash-statewide rules EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 7:19 pm by truck2552

» Bash day August 20th @ Ray and Robins.
Feedback on slash-statewide rules EmptyFri Jun 02, 2017 5:54 pm by iceman48

UPCOMING R/C EVENTS

Ray & Robbins Hobby Center - Falmouth

RC Excitement - Fitchburg Mass.

Breakneck R/C - Livermore Falls

+3
freelife04239
comicguy6
mtrucker
7 posters

Feedback on slash-statewide rules

Poll

If there are enough of each at your track do you think the Slash and SC-10 should be run in seperate classes

[ 4 ]
    Feedback on slash-statewide rules Bar_left24%Feedback on slash-statewide rules Bar_right [24%] 
    [ 13 ]
    Feedback on slash-statewide rules Bar_left76%Feedback on slash-statewide rules Bar_right [76%] 

Total Votes: 17
    mtrucker
    mtrucker

Feedback on slash-statewide rules Empty Feedback on slash-statewide rules

Post by mtrucker Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:31 am

As the Slash class seems to be growing at all the tracks what do you guys think about the STOCK rules,,I think that any battery should be allowed,I would like to see the rules KEEP the stock motor ESC and SERVO,not because its great but in the essence of STOCK,I would like to see a Tire rule that limits them to either stockers or the Proline Switch just so we dont get a ,,whats the hot new tire now thing going(gets costly) and also if there was a weight rule in place the guys with the NMHI or NICAD batterys wouldnt be at such a dis-advantage from the li-pos,shock caps or ball ends or anything that increases durability should be allowed,,a-arms or hubs-carriers that allow for suspension geometry changes that Exceeds the stock parts should NOT be allowed in my opinion. If all the tracks In Maine stick together on the Slash rules it would make it easier for the guy that may want to attend a race at a new track
    comicguy6
    comicguy6

Feedback on slash-statewide rules Empty slash rules

Post by comicguy6 Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:54 pm

i think there should be a battery rule. at maxximus theres all size batteries running ranging from 3300 nimh up to 6500 lipos should be a max. if i wanted i could run a very large lipo and get away with it
    freelife04239
    freelife04239

Feedback on slash-statewide rules Empty Re: Feedback on slash-statewide rules

Post by freelife04239 Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:26 pm

I dont know how true this is but i sold some stuff to a guy on ebay out west and ended up talking on the phone with him . He was telling me about the vline motors and that they run them at 50% power and race them in stock class. He told me with it set at 50% power they run just like a stock truck . This guy realy seemed to know alot about them so I think he knows what e is talking about but i could be wrong any one have any feed back about this idea. Question
    comicguy6
    comicguy6

Post by comicguy6 Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:51 pm

yes i do race at maximus and also race at broken bridge aka team fasttraxx. i will get that info for u on wednesday when i talk to heath for the contact for maximus. u can go to his web site teammaximus.com on contact page its says info@teammaximus.com
    comicguy6
    comicguy6

Post by comicguy6 Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:51 am

well for team fasttraxx it is teamfasttraxx@hotmail.com(kari shepard) or teamfasttraxx@yahoo.com(adam ciley or mike)
    kari would know more in regards to track planning.
    also our web link is teamfasttraxx.com
    comicguy6
    comicguy6

Post by comicguy6 Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:22 pm

yeah adam and mike are not so good on checking their email thats kinda why i put up my wifes teamfasttraxx email she does alot of the corespondants. hers is at hotmail
    newguyz

Post by newguyz Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:33 am

6500 LIPO, Cmon, who even makes a 6500 lipo. All my buddy and i saw was Venom Green packs and a couple Orions, and a couple Duramaxx. Waste of weight and energy. Most i used was 2000 and that was more then the five minute qualifier and less during the b main.
    haynesn12
    haynesn12

Post by haynesn12 Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:47 am

alot of companies make 6500+ lipo packs. i do beleive that i stock class should be kept close to stock but i also think the roar rules should be taken into account as well. also i think there should be a setup for a mod class as well as most of the trucks we run are all mod trucks
    jeff
    jeff

Post by jeff Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:22 pm

they battery rule at maximus is fair, you can run a 7 cell or a 2 cell lipo, 7 cell trucks beat lipo trucks every week, so a bad finish cant be blamed on the guy with the "huge battery" i like that we can run all of the traxxas upgrade parts, but like i said there is a few trucks that have no upgrades that lay down track records, either way it is fun!
    mtrucker
    mtrucker

Post by mtrucker Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:14 pm

jeff wrote:they battery rule at maximus is fair, you can run a 7 cell or a 2 cell lipo, 7 cell trucks beat lipo trucks every week, so a bad finish cant be blamed on the guy with the "huge battery" i like that we can run all of the traxxas upgrade parts, but like i said there is a few trucks that have no upgrades that lay down track records, either way it is fun!
    8.4 volts from a 7 cell is going to make more power than any 7.4 volt lipo no matter what the mah rating is. 7 cell should not be allowed in my opinion. A 6 cell at 7.2 volts is alot closer to a 2 cell lipo at 7.4 volts,, unless your running 15-20 min mains the only advantage the lipo will really have is weight,so rather than let the guys run seven cells they should just have a weight rule for the lipo guys. The bottom line is if you are running a high traction track, like you guys run (carpet) your rules are probably going to make everyone run a 7 cell battery if they want to be competitive
    dedeye
    dedeye

Post by dedeye Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:31 am

If anyone is interested in my two cents worth:
    We tested 2 slash trucks running stock motors with 5000 lipo packs at Old Cedar Speedway (paved oval)yesterday.
    One truck was driven by a Veteran Rc racer that has a slash that has run half the summer and won at about every track in Maine that races them against myself with no rc anything but a box stock slash. I had to borrow a lipo as my 6 cell pack took a poop after about 200 ft'.
    We had to have run 200 laps or more with them and I have to say it felt pretty good to be able to trade paint with him lap after lap. We tested the soft walls some and we tested bump drafting and other racing maneuvers with great success. It was FUN ! We would rub in the corners and get a little squirrely and drive out of it. My point is he is a better driver than me but not a faster driver than me so I felt like I had a fighting chance against him. If this class of vehicle is allowed to become a modified class it will not last long!
    The feeling I got of being competitive and on equal footing as far as truck goes is why I play with these things. It's the feeling I'm looking for.
    We had a discussion at the end of our track time and concluded that : They are not blistering fast, They are not hard to drive, they are not expensive to purchase run or repair they are just fun and when we get up and running we are going to keep it that way.
    jeff
    jeff

Post by jeff Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:29 pm

you do not have to run a 7 cell to be up front, i would say it is about 75% lipo trucks and 25% what ever else, some 6 cell some 7 cell,

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:16 am