Maine-RC-Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Radio controlled racing

WWW.MAINERC.COM Welcome to the Maine R/C forum Register Today! WWW.MAINERC.COM

Clik on the Hobbyshops and Tracks links Please support your local hobby shop

Maximus R/C Raceway races every Wednesday night at 7 pm. & Saturdays at 5 pm

Evolution Hobbies and Raceway in Casco Maine. Outdoor Off Road Racing Sundays Spring Through Fall

GRANITE LEISURE TIME WEEKLY RACING ON FRIDAYS DOORS @ 5 RACING @ 7 AND SUNDAYS DOORS @ 12 RACING @ 1 PAN CAR, LEGENDS, SCT, 2WD BUGGY & VATERRA RALLY.

RAY & ROBBINS INDOOR OFF ROAD RACING TUESDAYS @ 6:30 ON ROAD RACING EVERY OTHER THURSDAY @ 6:30 (CALL STORE)

T&J R/C RACEWAY NOW OPEN IN WESTBROOK! INDOOR DIRT OVAL.

Latest topics

» for sale assoc. t5m stuff
Money Madness Race 2010 -Evolution Hobbies EmptySun May 06, 2018 3:32 pm by legend61

» dieing out ?
Money Madness Race 2010 -Evolution Hobbies EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 4:43 pm by bob.less13

» assoc.b5mbuggy
Money Madness Race 2010 -Evolution Hobbies EmptyTue Oct 10, 2017 11:23 pm by legend61

» looking to sell
Money Madness Race 2010 -Evolution Hobbies EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 5:05 pm by truck2552

» Thank you to all who attended
Money Madness Race 2010 -Evolution Hobbies EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 6:03 pm by iceman48

» This Sunday Sammy's Bash @ R&R's
Money Madness Race 2010 -Evolution Hobbies EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 10:50 am by iceman48

» One month to the first R&R bash 8-20-17
Money Madness Race 2010 -Evolution Hobbies EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 8:36 am by legend61

» assoc.b5m buggy
Money Madness Race 2010 -Evolution Hobbies EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 7:19 pm by truck2552

» Bash day August 20th @ Ray and Robins.
Money Madness Race 2010 -Evolution Hobbies EmptyFri Jun 02, 2017 5:54 pm by iceman48

UPCOMING R/C EVENTS

Ray & Robbins Hobby Center - Falmouth

RC Excitement - Fitchburg Mass.

Breakneck R/C - Livermore Falls

+4
rcman973
TeamAssociated_Kevin
rcracer207
Evolution Hobbies
8 posters

Money Madness Race 2010 -Evolution Hobbies

Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Money Madness Race 2010 -Evolution Hobbies Empty Money Madness Race 2010 -Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:19 pm

Here is the date for the 2nd annual Money Madness Race Saturday September 11th.,rain date Sunday September 12th.If that weekend get's rained out, the second rain date will be Saturday September 25th.
    This year it will be limited to 75 entries ,due to limited parking.
    More information will come as soon as all detail are worked out.I will post everything on the track site www.evolutionrcraceway.com

This years race is dedicated in the memory of my dad Robert L. Cormier .

Sean
    Evolution Hobbies /Crooked River RC Raceway
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Money Madness Race 2010 -Evolution Hobbies Empty Re: Money Madness Race 2010 -Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:33 pm

The money payout amount's for the Money Madness Race 2010 are now listed on the track site,under the Special Events page. Money Madness Race 2010 -Evolution Hobbies Icon_biggrin
    to see go to www.evolutionrcraceway.com

Sean
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Money Madness Race 2010 -Evolution Hobbies Empty Re: Money Madness Race 2010 -Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:36 pm

You can now preregister for the Money Madness Race.Doing this will help with making sure i get enough trophies and what classes to prepare for.YOU DO NOT pay at this time ,you do that the day of the race.
    All i need for information at this time is your name ,what class(s) you are running and phone number and email. You can send the information by email to evolutionhobbies@juno.com and i will reply back that i got the info(if you do not get a reply back using this email link here in day or two,retry using personal email system),you can also PM on this forum or call the shop during business hours at (207)627-4407 .
    For offered classes ,rules and payout information go to www.evolutionrcraceway.com and hit special event button.
    thank you
    Sean
    Evolution Hobbies/Crooked River RC Raceway
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:33 pm

Company sponsor's are starting to come in and have committed to sending product for give a ways at the Money Madness Race!! go to the track site to link to these companies.
    So far : Great Planes Model Dist.
    JConcepts
    Racer's Edge /HRP dist.
    Proline racing
    Castle Creations --makers of Mamba(max &pro) and Sidewinder brushless systems
    More companies to come!!! Money Madness Race 2010 -Evolution Hobbies Icon_biggrin

Sean
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:14 pm

I will be adding a new class for the Money Madness Race .Slash Spec,truck must use STOCK motor,ESC ,steering servo and stock wheels and tires..You can use aftermarket radio and body. NO aluminum parts . 6 cell nimh or 7.4 volt lipo. only.
    If some one has any question please contact me .
    This class is only being added for the MMR only,it will NOT be added to our weekly racing!
    Sean
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:13 am

Just to let people know up to the time of this post i had 47 preregistered for the Money Madness Race .Again these are racer who plan to come but could back out at the last minute.If you plan on coming please preregister ,email me or call the shop 207-627-4407 to do so.This helps to make sure i have enough trophies and what classes to prepare for .

Thank You
    Sean
    Evolution Hobbies
    cheers
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Money Madness Race 2010 -Evolution Hobbies Empty Class change for stadium trucks

Post by Evolution Hobbies Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:11 am

I am making a class change in 1/10 Electric Stadium truck class .This class will no longer have a stock or open class option ,there will be just a open(mod) class only.
    This will also be the class for my weekly racing as well.
    If there is anyone with questions or comments please contact me or post them here.

Sean
    Evolution Hobbies
    rcracer207
    rcracer207
    Admin

Post by rcracer207 Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:41 pm

oh sure wait unitl I spend $100 on a 17.5 brushless then change your mind Wink
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:10 am

Nate

Don't worry i still believe 95% of the stadium trucks will still be using stock motors or 17.5.
    I did this as you may know to make things a little easier and to condense certain classes down were two seperate class were not needed.
    If for some reason i need to go back to a seperate stock and mod class then i will ,until then open class it will be.

Sean Twisted Evil Very Happy
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:23 am

The other reason for just doing a open(mod) stadium class is that ALL the ready to run trucks that are out and coming out in the future with brushless already installed,are under the motors rules "open".Most RTR motors are 3200kv or higher which is a modified motor under most rules even R.O.A.R.Rules for stock are 27t brushed or 17.5(2200 kv) brushless.I and most track allow the stock brushed SCT and stadium motors in stock class.

Sean
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:12 pm

just added Venom Group as a sponsor.Sending shirts,hats and some other items for the give a way's.

Sorry tried to get NEW Gambler sct rtr truck but they may not be in stock in time.

Just reminder if you plan on coming to the MMR event , please preregister. Email or call me at the shop 207-627-4407.You DO NOT have to pay at this time .

Sean
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:27 pm

It's only 2 weeks away .Our big race of the season!!!!!
    TeamAssociated_Kevin
    TeamAssociated_Kevin

Post by TeamAssociated_Kevin Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:11 pm

I've been running a 10.5t novak in my Losi XXX-T MF2 stadium, and honestly that is way more beef than I can handle. I was getting better lap times when I put in a 17.5t novak simply because it wasn't literally flying off the track! Sadly, it got cooked (or something) and had to go back to the 10.5

Really, a 13.5 might be the sweet spot for those little stadium trucks.
    TeamAssociated_Kevin
    TeamAssociated_Kevin

Post by TeamAssociated_Kevin Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:25 pm

Hey Sean, a kinda neat idea that the burwick people do with their races is post the pre-registered names online in the classes they are registered for, so people signing up get a feel for the competition & what trucks will be popular on race day.

I know I'm looking for that "monster truck" class to fill up Laughing No truggies tho! Evil or Very Mad

Also, I gotta say I would really enjoy an "open" 2wd class of slashes. Stuck a velineon in a slash Sunday and was amazed at how fun it was to run on the track! The extra HP actually makes the jumps easier and the straightaways more exciting. Yes, I certainly get the point of the stock slash class, keep costs down & competition level. But once you get the itch its hard to slow down hahaha!
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:12 pm

Kevin
    At this point in time i do not have extra pages for website that i can use for a registration page.As it is it already starting to clear out some of the older results on the results page because i have used all the room.I will see what i can do but like i said i am limited on "page" space on my website,and it not worth the next step up in website packages just to list registrations for one race.
    As for a Slash "open" class ,you can run it but if there is not enough to make its own class it will run in 4wd SCt "open " class like some of the other tracks do.
    I have monster truck class(nitro and electric) listed as a class for the MMR race,only 2 possible entries at this point.Just keep in mind most racers for that class do not consider the Stampede a monster truck,there idea of a monster truck are Revo,T&E Max,Savage(S),MGT'S etc.

See you Friday !
    Sean
    TeamAssociated_Kevin
    TeamAssociated_Kevin

Post by TeamAssociated_Kevin Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:12 pm

I haven't done web pages in a commercial setting in a while, but it seems strange they charge by page & not by size. Usually 1 html page is the same size (if not smaller) than just 1 uploaded picture. Hmm...!! Oh well :->

Anyway the track is setup pretty well for stampedes and the slower 4x4s like the maxx. Stampedes are small enough to make the jumps & bumps challeging, but not overwhelming. For instance I couldn't keep up with the slash, but was pretty equal with the e-maxx. I think a revo would just eat up that track and ask for more. Anything with a wing is a truggy in my book! tongue
    rcman973
    rcman973

Post by rcman973 Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:26 pm

I'm with Kevin, I think it would be cool to have a class of open 2wd sct. I like how my slash handles with my velineon system in it. And I think it will be even better in a Blitz! affraid Cool
    TeamAssociated_Kevin
    TeamAssociated_Kevin

Post by TeamAssociated_Kevin Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:42 pm

Its scary, but I think the slash 2wd with the velineon was faster overall than the slash 4x4! It actually seemed easier to control, and was far more predictable over the jumps and bumps.

I'll keep bringing it, in case there is some interest. Hopefully enough people to run a class of them in the big race cheers
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:36 pm

Kevin
    It doesn't charge by the page its just how GoDaddy list what is available as "space" for the website package that i have.Just remember i am lost when it comes to computers so that was the only way to say it .the other way is i have just about filled up my website avaialable space.

2wd SCT has always been listed as a class even for weekly racing.Just never had enough to make a class.

Just remember there "may" be a few things added to the new layout by the time the Money Race is here.

Sean
    TeamAssociated_Kevin
    TeamAssociated_Kevin

Post by TeamAssociated_Kevin Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:55 am

A few things added?? Like...a water moat and a ring of fire?!? lol!
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:01 am

Kevin
    Sounds good to me 6" deep moat and gas powered of ring fire! Twisted Evil

Going to order tropy's today.

Sean
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:52 pm

Just to let people know i have made up my mind and will racing that Friday night before the Money Madness Race.Only electrics,due to the agreement with track neighbor's.Sorry nitro guys you will have to get practice time in on the day of the MMR race.

Sean
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:44 am

I just got in 10 I-LAP transponders,they are $40 each.At this time i have to limit one per customer ,this way more people can get one.They are available at the shop and i don't think they will last long! Just in time for the Money Madness Race.

Again to let people know we will be racing our normal Friday night racing Sept.10th the night before the MMR.Electric's only.

Sean
    Evolution Hobbies
    TeamAssociated_Kevin
    TeamAssociated_Kevin

Post by TeamAssociated_Kevin Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:18 pm

Save me one please! And 2 or 3 if you can LOL
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:34 pm

Kevin

Like i posted at this time to get more PT'S out there i am limiting to one per customer .So i will set one aside for you,you will just have to switch out between trucks at this time.After the Money Madness Race if there are some still available then you can buy all you want.

See you tomorrow for Sunday racing?

Sean

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 1:22 pm