Maine-RC-Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Radio controlled racing

WWW.MAINERC.COM Welcome to the Maine R/C forum Register Today! WWW.MAINERC.COM

Clik on the Hobbyshops and Tracks links Please support your local hobby shop

Maximus R/C Raceway races every Wednesday night at 7 pm. & Saturdays at 5 pm

Evolution Hobbies and Raceway in Casco Maine. Outdoor Off Road Racing Sundays Spring Through Fall

GRANITE LEISURE TIME WEEKLY RACING ON FRIDAYS DOORS @ 5 RACING @ 7 AND SUNDAYS DOORS @ 12 RACING @ 1 PAN CAR, LEGENDS, SCT, 2WD BUGGY & VATERRA RALLY.

RAY & ROBBINS INDOOR OFF ROAD RACING TUESDAYS @ 6:30 ON ROAD RACING EVERY OTHER THURSDAY @ 6:30 (CALL STORE)

T&J R/C RACEWAY NOW OPEN IN WESTBROOK! INDOOR DIRT OVAL.

Latest topics

» for sale assoc. t5m stuff
Classes for next year? EmptySun May 06, 2018 3:32 pm by legend61

» dieing out ?
Classes for next year? EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 4:43 pm by bob.less13

» assoc.b5mbuggy
Classes for next year? EmptyTue Oct 10, 2017 11:23 pm by legend61

» looking to sell
Classes for next year? EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 5:05 pm by truck2552

» Thank you to all who attended
Classes for next year? EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 6:03 pm by iceman48

» This Sunday Sammy's Bash @ R&R's
Classes for next year? EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 10:50 am by iceman48

» One month to the first R&R bash 8-20-17
Classes for next year? EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 8:36 am by legend61

» assoc.b5m buggy
Classes for next year? EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 7:19 pm by truck2552

» Bash day August 20th @ Ray and Robins.
Classes for next year? EmptyFri Jun 02, 2017 5:54 pm by iceman48

UPCOMING R/C EVENTS

Ray & Robbins Hobby Center - Falmouth

RC Excitement - Fitchburg Mass.

Breakneck R/C - Livermore Falls

+3
rcman973
Evolution Hobbies
TeamAssociated_Kevin
7 posters

Classes for next year?

TeamAssociated_Kevin
    TeamAssociated_Kevin

Classes for next year? Empty Classes for next year?

Post by TeamAssociated_Kevin Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:01 pm

Hey now is the time to figure out what to run next year! Xmas is coming, gotta know what to ask for Smile

Everyone knows that 2WD stock & 4WD SCT are popular, and will certainly be so in the near future.

Stadium was kinda spotty, usually had 4 on average. But some weeks didn't have any, so it was hit & miss.

Proposed new classes for 2011:

* 2WD Buggy. I keep hearing this, but I'm sceptical. Nobody has run 2WD buggy class since, what, 1986? Small cars, small tires, hmmm.

* Monster truck. This is what I'm talking about! I'll have a stampede & a new Summit for next year. These things are just plain fun to race. And when you are done racing, you can have fun bashing with these bad boys.

* Open 2WD SCT. I'd personally drop stock for an open class SCT. This would involve a lot of velineom motor upgrades for people, but heck thats about it for cost. Go faster, jump higher!

* Revo class. Expensive cars, but built for racing.

Any thoughts?
    Kevin
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Classes for next year? Empty Re: Classes for next year?

Post by Evolution Hobbies Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:42 pm

Kevin

The classes that are already showing interest for next season are:

2wd 1/10 electric buggy -this has the biggest interest so
    far,and i already know of 5 that
    i have sold for xmas gifts
    1/10 electric truggy-examples are Ofna hyper tt and Losi ten-t w/elec. conversion.more companies have 1/10th truggies in the works.I believe this could be the next "SCT" class like interest.
    1/10 elec. 4wd buggy-this is a exciting class to run ,with
    additions to this class Team Durango
    and Associated new B44.1 leading the
    way ,with more companies coming out
    with 4wd buggies this class will
    grow as well,it just going to take
    time.
    1/8 electrics buugy and truggy-this classes is growing
    slowly and most likely will keep
    growing
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Monster trucks has always been offered at my track

As for 2wd open SCT -again i have always offered this
    class,just not enough every week to
    have a class.that is why the few
    drivers who showed up had to run with
    the 4wd Sct.Another things is with
    more SCT RTR are coming with what
    is considered a mod/open motor ,so
    i think next season there will be
    more entries for a open class.
    1/10 stadium truck is a class that i will always offer because there are so many of them out there,and just need a place to race .just remember Kevin a few times this summer i almost had as many stadiums as i did SCT'S.

Sean
    Evolution Hobbies
    rcman973
    rcman973

Post by rcman973 Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:59 pm

Evolution Hobbies wrote:

2wd 1/10 electric buggy -this has the biggest interest so
    far,and i already know of 5 that
    i have sold for xmas gifts

I wouldn't get your hopes up on that. Isn't that what happened with 4wd buggy last year and after the first month it kinda died off?

Evolution Hobbies wrote:
    1/8 electrics buugy and truggy-this classes is growing
    slowly and most likely will keep
    growing
    It must be growing VERY SLOWLY. Last year there was a mix of nitro/electric but at the end of the year it kinda died out. And over the winter I converted my buggy form nitro to electric and was hoping to race it this year, but there was hardly any 1/8th there this year other than the MMR. And now I'm thinking of selling the buggy.Crying or Very sad

On a side note, I'm with Kevin we need a Open 2WD SCT class. We already have 4 of us I think. Me and my Dad both run open setups and I'm pretty sure Kevin and Nate both have a open setup they can run. We just need everyone to show up at the right time. lol!
    TeamAssociated_Kevin
    TeamAssociated_Kevin

Post by TeamAssociated_Kevin Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:39 am

What about a combined 2wd buggy & 2wd stadium class? I know I'm converting my beater slash to a rustler, and it has the same chassis as the bandit. They would be similar in size, speed, cabability, and maybe enough to make a full 10 car class. Racing stadium this year, that was the biggest issue, the average was 4 cars and there were races where I never passed or got passed by another car...never even saw them! Its more fun when there is some action and rubbing going on haha.

A friend of mine's kid got a stampede for xmas, and another got a summit. I saw Josh with his twin velineom e-Maxx the other day. Greenleaf has a summit, so do I (and steve could use my stampede). At least once this summer a bunch of kids showed up with stampedes and t-maxx's. Thats a good group there!

I'd love to do an open 2wd sct class, every single person I've asked said "Heck ya!" and thats a good point about how more RTRs are coming with brushless setups. Next year that will be THE class, you can book it! :-)
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:28 pm

Kevin

Like i said i have always offered a 2wd SCT open class,on average there was 2 open sct's.That's why the class never took off.Next season i will offer the same 2wd SCT classes ,stock and open.
    I do believe next season there will be a 2wd sct open,now we will have to wait and see.
    Same thing with monster trucks ,that class was always offered as well.Monster truck class is a open class nitro and electrics.the thing is the die hard monster truck guys don't consider a Stampede a monster truck.The Revo is the best truck for that class.That class lost its appeal to the 1/8 truggy class.
    Kevin ,like i have always said if there is at least 3(prefer 4) entries to make a class,i will run it.
    I have to say 1/10 2wd buggy seems to have a lot of interest right now.

Sean
    scortchenscott
    scortchenscott

Post by scortchenscott Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:36 pm

I just got back into racing this year after being gone for a while ( was using 2400 nicads when I stopped ! )I am always open for trying new tracks and I was wondering where this track is located ? I live in southern NH and dont really mind driving for a little while to get to a good track !!!
    rcracer207
    rcracer207
    Admin

Post by rcracer207 Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:37 pm

I would have to agree that I would like to see enough of us for an open 2wd sc class on a weekly basis. Just dropping in a little hotter motor in these things really makes for a lot of fun out on the track. Still debating about a 2 or 4 wd 1/10 buggy. Will have to wait and see how many others buy one first.
    Uncle Ron
    Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:40 pm

Looking forward to this season. Just picked up a T4 stadium truck. They looked like a handfull cheers . Going to give it a shot this weekend.
    Eagletal

Post by Eagletal Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:36 am

Yep, getting excited here too. 4WD Short Course will be where its at for me this year. Rumors are AE is releasing their sc10 4wd this spring cheers
    TeamAssociated_Kevin
    TeamAssociated_Kevin

Post by TeamAssociated_Kevin Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:46 pm

Well well well...Losi released a 4wd SCT! In an ARR (almost-ready-to-run) style.

http://www.losi.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=LOSB0127

Now all the major manufacturers have 4wd SCT's. This should be a hot class next year.
    Eagletal

Post by Eagletal Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:12 am

Hmm That Losi truck does look nice...

Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:26 pm

The 4wd class is growing as far as manufacturers ,this should also help it grow at the track.Racers now have the following choices with more to come.

Traxxas Slash 4x4
    Team Durango DEXSC410
    Ofna Hyper ten sc
    Jammin scrt 10
    Losi Ten SC
    Team Aacociated no name yet
    TQ Racing -coming soon
    Thunder Tiger D12
    HPI/Hot Bodies -maybe?
    Venom Gambler
    X-factory ?
    Tamiya --there are prototypes over seas but will it come to the U.S
    Kyosho -- like Tamiya strictly in the prototypes over seas
    It should get interesting on which company will dominate the track?

Sean
    Evolution Hobbies Twisted Evil
    TeamAssociated_Kevin
    TeamAssociated_Kevin

Post by TeamAssociated_Kevin Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:59 am

Hi Sean....just saw someone mention it in another forum, and thought it was interesting.

What about an official "Run-What-You-Brung" class? When there are not enough cars to run a full class, those folks all get tossed together. Such a class might not be eligible for a "reward" for winning since the cars would be so different in speed. The Sportsman class is kinda like this already but specifically geared towards new drivers.

I think your rule of 3 car minimum per class might play into the design of such a class. Bump the min to 4 cars, and any class with 3 cars or less gets put into the "Run-What-You-Brung". From a racers point of view (having paticipated in such races)--while getting people who show up at the track a chance to race is absolutely paramount for sure--3 cars is boarderline too few on the course to get a race-like feeling. You might not see another car on the track after the starting buzzer. 4 felt better minimum, and 5-8 or more constituting a really good race-like environment....and 9 or more was just chaos!
    lol!

I know the AMB system's can actually score multiple classes in a race at once, did you say yours could as well?

Pro's to all this: Potentially more people who show up get to race. Larger, fewer heats. Less time spent at the track. More bumping and griding during the race.

Con's: Maybe fewer corner marshals? Racing diffent styles cars together inherently unfair, making the results almost meaningless (assuming your software can't seperate classes.)

You've always been very accomidating to people who show up. Just thought I'd throw it out there for you to keep in the back of your mind, it might make sense some weeks
    drunken
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:34 pm

Kevin

I will think about it .I already have been asked if i am going to have a Slash Spec class as well.Again thinking about it .I have been thinking of changing the min. of 3 to 4 to make a class.
    The only thing is ,i start offering all kinds of classes it could end up becoming to many classes in the long run.I will be offering Sportsman class this year.That class went over well last year.From a guy who will run just about all classes ,some think so you don't have to corner marshals.just had to slip that in there.Do you really want another class to run?

By the way its not the AMB system its self that is able to count multiple classes at once it the lap counting software that allows it to do it.And yes the I-LAP system can do it with the same software program.What ever lap counting software is out here for the AMB/MYLAPS can be used on the I-LAP system.The only difference between the two systems is how the transponders are picked up,AMB uses RF and I-LAP uses infra-red(IF).The thing is these programs can range from $300 to over $500 and i would have to justify buying a program just to be able to count multi classes at once.

By the way did you get the tires you needed today to go faster?

Sean
    TeamAssociated_Kevin
    TeamAssociated_Kevin

Post by TeamAssociated_Kevin Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:15 am

Lol yes I did you must have talked to Captain Carl haha

SC10 tires on a slash work very well on carpet. Ton of bite, but dang they wear down quickly.

Anyway glad you thinking about racing this summer, I can't wait!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:59 am