Maine-RC-Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Radio controlled racing

WWW.MAINERC.COM Welcome to the Maine R/C forum Register Today! WWW.MAINERC.COM

Clik on the Hobbyshops and Tracks links Please support your local hobby shop

Maximus R/C Raceway races every Wednesday night at 7 pm. & Saturdays at 5 pm

Evolution Hobbies and Raceway in Casco Maine. Outdoor Off Road Racing Sundays Spring Through Fall

GRANITE LEISURE TIME WEEKLY RACING ON FRIDAYS DOORS @ 5 RACING @ 7 AND SUNDAYS DOORS @ 12 RACING @ 1 PAN CAR, LEGENDS, SCT, 2WD BUGGY & VATERRA RALLY.

RAY & ROBBINS INDOOR OFF ROAD RACING TUESDAYS @ 6:30 ON ROAD RACING EVERY OTHER THURSDAY @ 6:30 (CALL STORE)

T&J R/C RACEWAY NOW OPEN IN WESTBROOK! INDOOR DIRT OVAL.

Latest topics

» for sale assoc. t5m stuff
Beginner racer need direction to start. EmptySun May 06, 2018 3:32 pm by legend61

» dieing out ?
Beginner racer need direction to start. EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 4:43 pm by bob.less13

» assoc.b5mbuggy
Beginner racer need direction to start. EmptyTue Oct 10, 2017 11:23 pm by legend61

» looking to sell
Beginner racer need direction to start. EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 5:05 pm by truck2552

» Thank you to all who attended
Beginner racer need direction to start. EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 6:03 pm by iceman48

» This Sunday Sammy's Bash @ R&R's
Beginner racer need direction to start. EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 10:50 am by iceman48

» One month to the first R&R bash 8-20-17
Beginner racer need direction to start. EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 8:36 am by legend61

» assoc.b5m buggy
Beginner racer need direction to start. EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 7:19 pm by truck2552

» Bash day August 20th @ Ray and Robins.
Beginner racer need direction to start. EmptyFri Jun 02, 2017 5:54 pm by iceman48

UPCOMING R/C EVENTS

Ray & Robbins Hobby Center - Falmouth

RC Excitement - Fitchburg Mass.

Breakneck R/C - Livermore Falls

+2
jlawjimbo
NitroNedly
6 posters

Beginner racer need direction to start.

NitroNedly

Beginner racer need direction to start. Empty Beginner racer need direction to start.

Post by NitroNedly Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:57 pm

Hello, new to the forum. Located in southern maine, i own a t-maxx with a 2.5R engine, looking to get into the racing scene, i have been with traxxas r/c for about 8-years now, but have never raced or been to a race, all i know is i have a t-maxx and want to race, looking for a point of direction, information on races, where and how they work, if my t-maxx is even worthy, any and all help/information will be greatly appreciated, very excited to experience the racing scene, looking to learn! Thanks. -Nedly
    jlawjimbo
    jlawjimbo

Beginner racer need direction to start. Empty Re: Beginner racer need direction to start.

Post by jlawjimbo Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:45 pm

Hey there, this is Jim from Sparetime Hobby. In southern Maine there are only 2 track that i know of. You have Team Fasttraxx which is in Berwick off exit 19. You have Cumperland RC which is off the Westbrook exit i believe. The links to the tracks are on the right of this page. I hope this info helps. There are 4 major dirt tracks for summer racing with a couple more that should be finished this summer.
    NitroNedly

Beginner racer need direction to start. Empty Re: Beginner racer need direction to start.

Post by NitroNedly Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:04 pm

Thanks, the info is definitely a help, i have been looking at some of the tracks, i may just go to a race to get more of a picture of how it all works and race another time, a question, do you know if people race the smaller engines like my 2.5r? Im curious only cause if my maxx with a 2.5 is not very worthy i should look to upgrade, i do know a lot of people race the big blocks or what not, should i even be considering racing with my little 2.5r engine?? I guess i was kinda looking for what i would need and if im good to go with what i have, have plenty of parts and fuel, but if im going to need a big block conversion to have any good results on the track i will do so if it gets me in! Smile
    TeamAssociated_Kevin
    TeamAssociated_Kevin

Post by TeamAssociated_Kevin Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:15 am

jlawjimbo wrote: There are 4 major dirt tracks for summer racing with a couple more that should be finished this summer.

More dirt tracks, in Maine? Shocked
    Eagletal

Post by Eagletal Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:59 am

I know one of them is the Oakland track, (next to Granite Leisure Time). But not sure about any others, sounds exciting to me though cheers
    NitroNedly

Post by NitroNedly Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:14 pm

Where are the bash spots? Im about bored no one in the area runs a nitro pretty crappy, about to open a bash spot in my yard invite everyone over...drink beer and have a nitro?? no joke looking to play with someone other than myself...
    rcracer207
    rcracer207
    Admin

Post by rcracer207 Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:23 pm

beer, dirt and r/c's? Where do you live I'm in!!!

To help with a few of your questions for one you will be just fine with the 2.5R currently in your maxx. It is going to take you several races to get the feel for it and hone your skills and honestly you dont need to have a crazy fast over powered truck, you need to learn how to drive your truck on the track and get some racing experience before you need to worry about big blocks and all the other go fast goodies.

Don't expect to go out and win. Go to have a good time, get a feel for it and learn, and meet some new friends. With time and practice/experience will come results.

Most of the people you will meet are friendly and will be more than happy to help you out with advice, answer questions and just generally help you out. Half the fun of racing r/c is the people you will meet and the friends you will make.

Surprised no one mentioned Evolution Hobbies yet. Off road dirt track in Casco with weekly racing on Friday nights and Sunday afternoons all summer.

http://www.evolutionhobbies.com/

There is a sportsman class meant for people just like you who have never raced or have only raced a few times. Its pretty much run what ya brung nitro/electric any type of chassis go out, have fun, learn and after a while you can move up and race in another class.

Currently monster trucks arent very popular race trucks but it only takes 3 to make a class. i have a maxx also and there may be others interested if there are enough to make a class on a regular basis.

If you dont want to wait till spring there is an indoor off road track in Fitchburg Mass. they alow both electric and nitro. Im trying to get people together to make a trip down sometime this winter. No date yet still in the works.

http://www.rcexcitement.com/

Hope some of this helped! any more questions feel free to ask.

Nate

bajamike207

Post by bajamike207 Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:31 am

good day ned. beer, rc, sounds good can i bring my baja??? cheers every few years rc racing changes, just a few years ago nitro was king. i started racing with a t-maxx then went to truggies then to short course trucks! thers an old saying ... you have to go where the food is , and right now thats SCT racing !! maximus in york and ray-robins in falmouth both have great weekly club racing that have strong turnouts 25+ if your looking to start racing , thats a good way to get into it. this summer the Maine rc series will have a class for monster trucks . if you go to any track around south- central me you will find SCT classes .good luck to you, regards, mike Cool

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:34 am