Maine-RC-Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Radio controlled racing

WWW.MAINERC.COM Welcome to the Maine R/C forum Register Today! WWW.MAINERC.COM

Clik on the Hobbyshops and Tracks links Please support your local hobby shop

Maximus R/C Raceway races every Wednesday night at 7 pm. & Saturdays at 5 pm

Evolution Hobbies and Raceway in Casco Maine. Outdoor Off Road Racing Sundays Spring Through Fall

GRANITE LEISURE TIME WEEKLY RACING ON FRIDAYS DOORS @ 5 RACING @ 7 AND SUNDAYS DOORS @ 12 RACING @ 1 PAN CAR, LEGENDS, SCT, 2WD BUGGY & VATERRA RALLY.

RAY & ROBBINS INDOOR OFF ROAD RACING TUESDAYS @ 6:30 ON ROAD RACING EVERY OTHER THURSDAY @ 6:30 (CALL STORE)

T&J R/C RACEWAY NOW OPEN IN WESTBROOK! INDOOR DIRT OVAL.

Latest topics

» for sale assoc. t5m stuff
What will you race? EmptySun May 06, 2018 3:32 pm by legend61

» dieing out ?
What will you race? EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 4:43 pm by bob.less13

» assoc.b5mbuggy
What will you race? EmptyTue Oct 10, 2017 11:23 pm by legend61

» looking to sell
What will you race? EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 5:05 pm by truck2552

» Thank you to all who attended
What will you race? EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 6:03 pm by iceman48

» This Sunday Sammy's Bash @ R&R's
What will you race? EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 10:50 am by iceman48

» One month to the first R&R bash 8-20-17
What will you race? EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 8:36 am by legend61

» assoc.b5m buggy
What will you race? EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 7:19 pm by truck2552

» Bash day August 20th @ Ray and Robins.
What will you race? EmptyFri Jun 02, 2017 5:54 pm by iceman48

UPCOMING R/C EVENTS

Ray & Robbins Hobby Center - Falmouth

RC Excitement - Fitchburg Mass.

Breakneck R/C - Livermore Falls

+2
TeamAssociated_Kevin
DNO
6 posters

What will you race?

DNO
    DNO

What will you race? Empty What will you race?

Post by DNO Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:34 am

What's up people? Will their be any 1/8 scale nitro truggy racing this summer? Hoping so. Seems to me the trend over the past few years has been going back to the electric smaller platform vehicles, a less expensive vehicle no doubt and to be honest a little boaring to watch after the fith class in a row , just my opinion. I've raced 1/10 scale and realize it can be fun. You don't need to be pushed into a different vehicle every year because the manufactures want their new product to be the next big thing. When shops push this mantality it start new classes and generally creates the buzz of a new trend. It's obvious the manufactures are trying push products that cost less to build and sell but their bottom line doesn't necessaraly mean more fun. Maybe some have raced 1/8 nitro in the past and just wanted a change but to all that haven't experienced a bigger more techincal class to challenge your driving skills and mechanical skills I challenge you to do so, It will be rewarding! cheers
    TeamAssociated_Kevin
    TeamAssociated_Kevin

What will you race? Empty Re: What will you race?

Post by TeamAssociated_Kevin Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:57 am

1/10th scale electric short course, both 2wd and 4wd, is the current "fad" for sure. Electrics outnumbered nitros at least 10-1 last year at the Southern Maine tracks, and probably will be that way this year too. There was a time, say 3-4 years ago, when those numbers were completely reversed. Its all cyclical, what is old is new again!
    DNO
    DNO

Post by DNO Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:56 pm

Here that, retros fun but not to insult anyone, alot of the mechanics and technical tune/setup is removed by straight electric vehicles. Plug & play is the buzz word, maybe a little lazzy also. It seems that some replace skill with more powerfull batteries or high performance electric motors. This still doesn't hone there skills, the equipment always runs the same regardless of weather, just pull the trigger further for more speed. I realize some people take the time for proper set up and are very good technical drivers cudos to them. Nitro on the other hand is much different as you probably know. It boils down to your abilities. Two engine may not run the same under the same conditions therefore winning isn't just about big engines and speed but rather about the overall skills of the racer. I just wish some people would branch out and make some of the other classes fun and competitive again.
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:36 pm

DNO

As you know nitro's are always welcome on Sunday racing.Its just getting enough to show up to make a class.

By the way shouldn't you be trimming out your door?

Sean Razz Twisted Evil
    DNO
    DNO

Post by DNO Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:56 pm

Hey bud, the doors gonna have to wait. You like the post? Just trying to expand peoples minds, you know I'm good at that. Twisted Evil I know you'll race the big boys, we just need to find some big boys to dust off the toys and get back in the dirt. hooyaa..getsome.. pirat
    Eagletal

Post by Eagletal Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:32 am

I will still be racing 1/8th nitro buggy. Along with 4x4 SC. Gotta have the best of both worlds cheers
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:39 pm

DNO
    The post is fine ,stirring the pot doesn't hurt a thing.May get people thinking.

Hey,some one suggested running nitro on Saturday maybe not every weekend but every other Saturday.At least its got some one thinking.
    I believe that there are a lot of electric racers who don't like to put up with the nitro noise all during racing and this person is just throwing out a idea to see what racers think.Keeping them seperate racing days.

Like i said its got people thinking ....

Sean
    DNO
    DNO

Post by DNO Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:40 pm

Sounds like that may be a great idea, it may also make for a shorter day of racing for both and gather a bigger crowd, more track time, longer mains = more fun. cheers scratch
    TeamAssociated_Kevin
    TeamAssociated_Kevin

Post by TeamAssociated_Kevin Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:39 pm

I love the smell of nitro in the morning! What a Face
    xxnightraven73x
    xxnightraven73x

Post by xxnightraven73x Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:26 pm

we've got 3-4 1/10 sct's going to evolution probably all running the open/mod class mines far from stock the other two arent far behind

oh and this place needs a BLITZ section lol!
    rcman973
    rcman973

Post by rcman973 Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:24 pm

xxnightraven73x wrote:we've got 3-4 1/10 sct's going to evolution probably all running the open/mod class mines far from stock the other two arent far behind

oh and this place needs a BLITZ section lol!

Yes we finally might have enough 2wd mod/open SCT's for our own class so we dont have to run with the 4wd!!!!! Laughing

I agree tho this place does need a place for the Blitz they have one for the Slash and SC10 why not the Blitz? Guess thats what RCSC is for. Razz
    xxnightraven73x
    xxnightraven73x

Post by xxnightraven73x Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:17 pm

for sure mines def far from a stocker lol
    the other two trucks are brushless as well which the slash might be able to run stock class since its a velineon system but the other blitz i believe will be in the mod class with mine
    and the guy with the slash is waiting on a sc10 to get here and i have two more blitz chassis that i may or may not put together

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 10:35 am