Maine-RC-Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Radio controlled racing

WWW.MAINERC.COM Welcome to the Maine R/C forum Register Today! WWW.MAINERC.COM

Clik on the Hobbyshops and Tracks links Please support your local hobby shop

Maximus R/C Raceway races every Wednesday night at 7 pm. & Saturdays at 5 pm

Evolution Hobbies and Raceway in Casco Maine. Outdoor Off Road Racing Sundays Spring Through Fall

GRANITE LEISURE TIME WEEKLY RACING ON FRIDAYS DOORS @ 5 RACING @ 7 AND SUNDAYS DOORS @ 12 RACING @ 1 PAN CAR, LEGENDS, SCT, 2WD BUGGY & VATERRA RALLY.

RAY & ROBBINS INDOOR OFF ROAD RACING TUESDAYS @ 6:30 ON ROAD RACING EVERY OTHER THURSDAY @ 6:30 (CALL STORE)

T&J R/C RACEWAY NOW OPEN IN WESTBROOK! INDOOR DIRT OVAL.

Latest topics

» for sale assoc. t5m stuff
external bec ? EmptySun May 06, 2018 3:32 pm by legend61

» dieing out ?
external bec ? EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 4:43 pm by bob.less13

» assoc.b5mbuggy
external bec ? EmptyTue Oct 10, 2017 11:23 pm by legend61

» looking to sell
external bec ? EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 5:05 pm by truck2552

» Thank you to all who attended
external bec ? EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 6:03 pm by iceman48

» This Sunday Sammy's Bash @ R&R's
external bec ? EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 10:50 am by iceman48

» One month to the first R&R bash 8-20-17
external bec ? EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 8:36 am by legend61

» assoc.b5m buggy
external bec ? EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 7:19 pm by truck2552

» Bash day August 20th @ Ray and Robins.
external bec ? EmptyFri Jun 02, 2017 5:54 pm by iceman48

UPCOMING R/C EVENTS

Ray & Robbins Hobby Center - Falmouth

RC Excitement - Fitchburg Mass.

Breakneck R/C - Livermore Falls

4 posters

external bec ?

00BLKX
    00BLKX

external bec ? Empty external bec ?

Post by 00BLKX Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:50 pm

Is anyone running a external bec ? If so what you running and how you know what to get . thanks.
    rcman973
    rcman973

external bec ? Empty Re: external bec ?

Post by rcman973 Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:47 pm

I use a castle 10 amp bec. It will go up to a 6s lipo and you can use castle link to adjust the voltage from I think it's 4.8-9.0 volts. I had to put one in my blitz when I upgraded to my savox servo. The bec in my sidewinder just wasn't cutting it. And so far it's been great. Here's a link to it. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXSWL3
    00BLKX
    00BLKX

Post by 00BLKX Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:21 am

Thanks yea I guess im going to have to get one aswell from what I have seen the castle esc have low internal bec,s I have a spectrum servo and I just bought a savox reciever today both servos act funny.
    rcman973
    rcman973

Post by rcman973 Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:45 pm

Yea castle ESC with spektrum receivers and high power servos don't get along together to well. The castle BEC will take care of all your problems. Its worked great for me so far and i like how you can adjust the voltage to give your servo a little more power. Very Happy
    00BLKX
    00BLKX

Post by 00BLKX Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:49 pm

nice thank you seen a bunch on some other forums but not really info on here . I guess I got two coming friday.
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:47 pm

Are you looking for a external BEC to get more voltage to the servo to get more out of them or because you have a glitching issue when you went to a higher power demand servo?
    If its to get the most power/speed out of some of the newer higher end servo's and you ESC does not allow you to adjust your voltage output then get a external BEC.
    If you have a glitchen issue,a simple power cap may take care of that issue and very easy to install.A external BEC would most likely take care of the issue as well.But a $6-$10 power cap is a cheap way to stop the issue.

Sean
    Evolution Hobbies
    rcman973
    rcman973

Post by rcman973 Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:47 pm

Evolution Hobbies wrote:Are you looking for a external BEC to get more voltage to the servo to get more out of them or because you have a glitching issue when you went to a higher power demand servo?
    If its to get the most power/speed out of some of the newer higher end servo's and you ESC does not allow you to adjust your voltage output then get a external BEC.
    If you have a glitchen issue,a simple power cap may take care of that issue and very easy to install.A external BEC would most likely take care of the issue as well.But a $6-$10 power cap is a cheap way to stop the issue.

Sean
    Evolution Hobbies
    Yea a cap would do the trick if it held enough juice for the servo you were using. But with a quick servo like I have (0.08 sec. @6v), just turning it from left to right quickly would be enough to drain the cap and cut the power to the receiver. Plus with the BEC you have the ability to increase the voltage later on if you want a little more power out of your servo or if you upgrade to a high voltage servo that can take 7.4v.
    rcracer207
    rcracer207
    Admin

Post by rcracer207 Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:59 pm

I put a savox servo in my slash 4x4 and immediately started having glitching issues. I bought a $6 cap and as soon as I plugged it in the problem was gone. I installed a cap in my 1/8 scale buggy when I put a savox servo in it and have not had any problems with that one glitching either.
    I am not running a spektrum radio though. Why does everyone like them so much? they seem to have the most problems. Whatever to each his own.
    rcman973
    rcman973

Post by rcman973 Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:22 pm

rcracer207 wrote:I put a savox servo in my slash 4x4 and immediately started having glitching issues. I bought a $6 cap and as soon as I plugged it in the problem was gone. I installed a cap in my 1/8 scale buggy when I put a savox servo in it and have not had any problems with that one glitching either.
    I am not running a spektrum radio though. Why does everyone like them so much? they seem to have the most problems. Whatever to each his own.
    You are running a MMP in your slash right? If I remember correctly don't they have an adjustable BEC on them? If so did you adjust the voltage on it? If you did that might be one reason why the cap. worked out for you. A cap. might have worked for me if the sidewinder had an adjstable BEC but without it the voltage was to low. The internal BEC on the sidewinder is only 5.4-5.6. With the voltage this low it would have a hard time keeping the cap. charged with constant servo movement.
    00BLKX
    00BLKX

Post by 00BLKX Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:08 pm

Thanks everyone for replies, I had to order so went with ext bec should and will hopefully solve the problem. I will let you know.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:41 am