Maine-RC-Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Radio controlled racing

WWW.MAINERC.COM Welcome to the Maine R/C forum Register Today! WWW.MAINERC.COM

Clik on the Hobbyshops and Tracks links Please support your local hobby shop

Maximus R/C Raceway races every Wednesday night at 7 pm. & Saturdays at 5 pm

Evolution Hobbies and Raceway in Casco Maine. Outdoor Off Road Racing Sundays Spring Through Fall

GRANITE LEISURE TIME WEEKLY RACING ON FRIDAYS DOORS @ 5 RACING @ 7 AND SUNDAYS DOORS @ 12 RACING @ 1 PAN CAR, LEGENDS, SCT, 2WD BUGGY & VATERRA RALLY.

RAY & ROBBINS INDOOR OFF ROAD RACING TUESDAYS @ 6:30 ON ROAD RACING EVERY OTHER THURSDAY @ 6:30 (CALL STORE)

T&J R/C RACEWAY NOW OPEN IN WESTBROOK! INDOOR DIRT OVAL.

Latest topics

» for sale assoc. t5m stuff
Traxxas XO-1 EmptySun May 06, 2018 3:32 pm by legend61

» dieing out ?
Traxxas XO-1 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 4:43 pm by bob.less13

» assoc.b5mbuggy
Traxxas XO-1 EmptyTue Oct 10, 2017 11:23 pm by legend61

» looking to sell
Traxxas XO-1 EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 5:05 pm by truck2552

» Thank you to all who attended
Traxxas XO-1 EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 6:03 pm by iceman48

» This Sunday Sammy's Bash @ R&R's
Traxxas XO-1 EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 10:50 am by iceman48

» One month to the first R&R bash 8-20-17
Traxxas XO-1 EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 8:36 am by legend61

» assoc.b5m buggy
Traxxas XO-1 EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 7:19 pm by truck2552

» Bash day August 20th @ Ray and Robins.
Traxxas XO-1 EmptyFri Jun 02, 2017 5:54 pm by iceman48

UPCOMING R/C EVENTS

Ray & Robbins Hobby Center - Falmouth

RC Excitement - Fitchburg Mass.

Breakneck R/C - Livermore Falls

+2
rcracer207
Fixerdude
6 posters

Traxxas XO-1

Fixerdude

Traxxas XO-1 Empty Traxxas XO-1

Post by Fixerdude Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:11 am

Okay Traxxas, It is a sweet supercar offering, but I was hoping for anything offroad!, and this wasn't it. If you can afford it, and have open access to Tallegda speedway!!, your all set, otherwise you'll have to run it on your local highway until an 18 wheeler runs it over Mad
    rcracer207
    rcracer207
    Admin

Traxxas XO-1 Empty Re: Traxxas XO-1

Post by rcracer207 Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:25 am

what a disappointment this new release is. Really? a 100mph super car? doesnt the 4th time driving in a straight line across an empty parking lot start to get a little boring? wow way to drop the ball scratch
    rcracer207
    rcracer207
    Admin

Post by rcracer207 Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:33 am

Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:37 pm

From a Traxxas dealer stand point i should be excited ,but i am not.I think this will be a very limited selling item ,and is only good for straight line running to get the most out of it.How boring that will be after the tenth run.The only thing that dealers should be happy about it the high amount of parts they will sell.At those or even a slightly slower speeds it won't take much to break it when it crashes .Has they hinted in the video with the Traxxas designer of the car.
    Also i hope it doesn't lead to law suits from people getting hit by one.As most racer can tell you getting hit sometimes at lower speeds can hurt and cause injury.Imagine what damage and injury could be done at the speeds the x0-1 does!
    Traxxas DID NOT LISTEN TO THERE CUSTOMER,they need to start a "race" driven line of vehicles in 1/10th and 1/8th .Make them a RTR and a kit version.
    This XO-1 is a step in the wrong direction for Traxxas.The only thing the x0-1 has is the Holysh!@t factor and that's it.Even 1/5th buggy or SCT would have been a better choice to come out with.

This is just my opinion ,even though there seems to be a lot of people who agree with me!!!

Sean
    Evolution Hobbies
    Rc Crawler

Post by Rc Crawler Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:07 pm

i figured it would be the slash 4x4 axles but nope a on road car in a off road world NOT SMART I imagine the cracks in the roads around here would send that thing FLYING into the ATOMASPHERE and oh the parts u need Sad not a good idea for this state
    TeamAssociated_Kevin
    TeamAssociated_Kevin

Post by TeamAssociated_Kevin Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:46 pm

I can't imagine they will sell many of these, compared to the ubiquity of slashes, rustlers, and tmaxx's out there. I also agree they aren't listening to what the market is asking for. I don't know ANYONE who was pining for a 1/7th scale supercar. I know many people asking for 1/8th buggy or 1/5th trucks.

However, 2 points.

A) If you look close, this chassis *is* the basis for their next buggy. It is basically an aluminum LCG slash 4x4 with steel-spline driveshafts, oversized axle bearing & carriers, with huge GTR shocks. The technology for the new TQi w/iDevice & telemetry is pretty spiffy, and for only $100 anyone with an old transmitter can "powerup" to this new one. There is a tremendous amount of engineering in this 1 car. It's not unlike the Summit when it came out, remote hi/low and locking diffs...stuff nobody else was doing or could pull off.

B) I think they know full well how many (or few) of these cars they will sell. But that's not the point. They now have bragging rights for a 100Mph RTR car that nobody else in the industry claims and can put that on the top of every ad they post. "Traxxas: the fastest name in radio control". This is the kind of marketing that gets them exposure in Car & Driver or other "mainstream" media channels.

So ya, a disappointing Christmas from Traxxas (heck X0-1 won't even be released till Dec 30th) but they have a strategy -- be different than everyone else. It's worked for them so far.
    Rc Crawler

Post by Rc Crawler Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:28 pm

yea i see that now that i look a little closer that its slash 4x4 suspension arms,C`s,hubs,and the rest of the basic parts like center drive shaft`s and differencials but still i think im going to get the axles and put those on my slash 4x4 where they look identicle but i wish the would finaly make the ones for the slash 4x4
    TeamAssociated_Kevin
    TeamAssociated_Kevin

Post by TeamAssociated_Kevin Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:43 pm

Yes those are the long-overdue-and-much-desired Traxxas steel CVD's that were originally designed for the Slash. Really amazing design, duel CV's with a sliding steel spline. But the XO-1 uses a 6mm axle where the slash uses a 5mm axle, so they are going to have to bring out a special axle for 1/10th scale use.
    Rc Crawler

Post by Rc Crawler Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:44 pm

actually u can use the tekno stub axle carrier and buy the xo-1 axles or you could use the xo-1 stub carriers and bearings
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:12 am

Kevin
    The radio in a nice upgrade but again not a big deal.Not everyone owns a ios device.like most people who own telemetry based radio , will tell you they don't even end up using those features after a while.The Chassie looks like a slash but much bigger and the parts will not interchange.
    Traxxas is not the first company to come out with a 100mph production kit.There a company in Europe i believe thats had a 100mph electric production car for about a years or so.
    Just like you ,i see the potential for other more useful products using this chassie.The only thing is it be 1/7th scale makes it limited no matter what.
    I was talking to one of my suppliers today and he was telling me that a couple of his dealers are going to have liability papers done up by a lawyer,So anyone who buys one of these will have to sign it before they can walk out the store with it.Basically the customer take's all responsibility for the use of the xo-1.Also they will not sell the car to anyone under 18.
    I believe Traxxas will sell a lot of these when they first come out and then i see sales dieing of quickly.I all i can say is by then maybe they will have a off road buggy or SCT based off this chassie,were 100mph is not needed.

Sean
    Rc Crawler

Post by Rc Crawler Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:02 pm

well if u look very close at the a-arms they are exactly the same as a slash 4x4
    Jones22

Post by Jones22 Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:24 am

can you upload some of it's pictures.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 2:54 pm