Maine-RC-Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Radio controlled racing

WWW.MAINERC.COM Welcome to the Maine R/C forum Register Today! WWW.MAINERC.COM

Clik on the Hobbyshops and Tracks links Please support your local hobby shop

Maximus R/C Raceway races every Wednesday night at 7 pm. & Saturdays at 5 pm

Evolution Hobbies and Raceway in Casco Maine. Outdoor Off Road Racing Sundays Spring Through Fall

GRANITE LEISURE TIME WEEKLY RACING ON FRIDAYS DOORS @ 5 RACING @ 7 AND SUNDAYS DOORS @ 12 RACING @ 1 PAN CAR, LEGENDS, SCT, 2WD BUGGY & VATERRA RALLY.

RAY & ROBBINS INDOOR OFF ROAD RACING TUESDAYS @ 6:30 ON ROAD RACING EVERY OTHER THURSDAY @ 6:30 (CALL STORE)

T&J R/C RACEWAY NOW OPEN IN WESTBROOK! INDOOR DIRT OVAL.

Latest topics

» for sale assoc. t5m stuff
Our slash-short course class(SCT) EmptySun May 06, 2018 3:32 pm by legend61

» dieing out ?
Our slash-short course class(SCT) EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 4:43 pm by bob.less13

» assoc.b5mbuggy
Our slash-short course class(SCT) EmptyTue Oct 10, 2017 11:23 pm by legend61

» looking to sell
Our slash-short course class(SCT) EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 5:05 pm by truck2552

» Thank you to all who attended
Our slash-short course class(SCT) EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 6:03 pm by iceman48

» This Sunday Sammy's Bash @ R&R's
Our slash-short course class(SCT) EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 10:50 am by iceman48

» One month to the first R&R bash 8-20-17
Our slash-short course class(SCT) EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 8:36 am by legend61

» assoc.b5m buggy
Our slash-short course class(SCT) EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 7:19 pm by truck2552

» Bash day August 20th @ Ray and Robins.
Our slash-short course class(SCT) EmptyFri Jun 02, 2017 5:54 pm by iceman48

UPCOMING R/C EVENTS

Ray & Robbins Hobby Center - Falmouth

RC Excitement - Fitchburg Mass.

Breakneck R/C - Livermore Falls

5 posters

Our slash-short course class(SCT)

Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Our slash-short course class(SCT) Empty Our slash-short course class(SCT)

Post by Evolution Hobbies Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:09 pm

Our slash class is no longer called the Slash class.We now call it Short Course Truck (SCT)stock and modified.
    First ,all makes of SCT's will run together SLASH,SC10,LOSI STRIKE and others when they come out(Hpi,XTM ,Duratraxx ).

Stock SCT class :
    motors: the stock motors that come in the trucks.CAN NOT be modded
    Any ROAR stock 27t brushed motor-- must have can label and armature label
    ROAR 17.5 brushless --motor can must have 17.5 label on it.

batteries: any 7.2v NiMh/NiCad battery made for RC cars
    2cell 7.4 LiPo battery made for RC cars
    Tires/rims- stock tires and any aftermarket tire and rim made for the SCT trucks
    bodies-stock bodies and any aftermarket bodies for the SCT trucks

NO chassie mods or aftermarket chassies
    No aftermarket ball diffs
    you can change the following from stock:
    pinion/spur
    shocks
    radio

You may use some aluminium parts --use the Slash Spec class rule as a guide line.
    Stock servo's and ESC unless you switch to brushless

Modified SCT class:
    any motor you want brushed or brushless -must be made for RC cars
    any battery up to 7.4v made for RC use
    you can do chassie mods and use aftermarket chassie's
    Ball diffs allowed

ANY ELECTRIC TRUCK OR BUGGY CONVERTED TO A SCT WILL RUN IN SCT MOD CLASS..
    ANY CONVERTED NITRO TRUCK OR BUGGY WILL RUN IN ITS OWN CLASS(must have 3 entries) OR with Traxxas Slayers
    These rules are based from the new ROAR SCT class .
    If you have any questions please email or call

Sean
    Evolution Hobbies
    www.evolutionrcraceway.com
    yamaha
    yamaha

Our slash-short course class(SCT) Empty Re: Our slash-short course class(SCT)

Post by yamaha Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:41 pm

hey guys glad to see that you are moving foward with this class i think it has come a long way since it started as the slash class. i like to see all the other companies come out with their own truck. its nice to have a variety, maybe ill get into the class now. oh by the way ive been meaning to get out there and race again just been really busy with the new job. ill be coming out that way very soon to get some racing in. this is kris from lewiston see you soon.
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:28 pm

Kris
    Thanks for the reply.Most racers have liked the idea of the new rules for the SCT class.We feel that this is the way the class rules are headed .It may take some time for other tracks to change the rules to be closer to the ROAR sct rules,Not just track here in Maine but tracks out of state.I have talked to track owners out of state who say the best thing they did was get away from the Spec class rules and go to the ROAR rules or close to them.
    Give it time for these rules to be adopted by other tracks ,you can't have a seperate stock/spec class for every truck(sct) on the market .

Kevin raced last night ,light crowd due to rain.I think he liked racing the 1/16th e-revo last night.For being box stock with one battery ,it went well on our track.I think it surprised some of the other racer how fast it went ,again for being box stock.

Maybe we will see you some Sunday for nitro racing with your RC8?

Later
    Sean
    Evolution Hobbies Very Happy
    yamaha
    yamaha

Post by yamaha Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:14 pm

ya kevin said he had a blast last night. he said his new mini revo was fast on your track. i will be coming out soon maybe next sunday, and i will be there for your mid summer madness cash race. i was looking at the new losi strike and it looks like it will handle pretty nice. i like the mid mounted motor.
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:34 pm

Kris

When you are ready for a Losi Strike when they come out( late August-early Sept.) ,let me know.We are now a Losi,JR radio,Spectrum,Pro Boat,E-flite authorized dealer.

Also look for updates on the money race on our track site and here,coming soon.
    Sean
    jlawjimbo
    jlawjimbo

Post by jlawjimbo Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:09 pm

Hey Evolutiong Hobbies
    This is Jim from Sparetime Hobby. Ive been reading your rule changes to the short course truck class. We were gonna start letting stock motors run also but i love your idea of letting 17.5 brushless run also!!!!!!! cheers I know this past sundays race at Team Fasttraxx we had 9 traxxas stock motors go bad! I think you guys made some excellent, well thought and needed changes to the class!!!!! Im sure that the rest of the tracks will make the same changes very shortly. I hope to see you guys at your money race in August!!
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Our slash-short course class(SCT) Empty Short Course rules.

Post by Evolution Hobbies Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:20 am

Thanks Jim
    We did think it over and we felt that this was the best way to go. You know that at our track we want everyone to enjoy the racing without the usual uptight attitudes that some have about the "Slash" class. It's inevitable that with the SC10 and the new SC truck from Losi and a few others that having a class for each one is foolish. That's not what the SC class is about. Those tracks that want to keep a strict "Slash" class are going to allow their drivers to lose out on some fun head to head racing. If everyone here at Crooked River R/C Raceway goes by what we have posted then we know they will have fun. Once everyone is on board we will break it down into stock which we have posted what we will allow and modified which will allow some more extreme changes. Short and simple. Once again, thanks for the kudos on our change. Congrats on the three race series this year as I see you did well. Now it's time to just have fun. Hope to see you soon.
    Bob
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:40 pm

Jim-jlawjimbo

We have had some drivers have issue's with the Traxxas Titan 12 motors as well.They seem to wear very quickly for some reason .Don't know if Traxxas is using a different supplier or just the quality control is going down.
    Just the other day i had someone come in and they broke the brush arm off in the can,only had the truck one day.
    We will have to see if the Losi Strike is going to have problems too .According to their video on the Horizon site they are using the same motor as Traxxas and from the same supplier.

As for our new SCT rules please let us know if you decide to use these rules at your track as well. We feel it will benefit the racer and the shop/track owner.

Sean
    Evolution Hobbies
    RC4ME
    RC4ME

Our slash-short course class(SCT) Empty Brushless? for stock?

Post by RC4ME Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:28 pm

Evolution Hobbies wrote:Our slash class is no longer called the Slash class.We now call it Short Course Truck (SCT)stock and modified.
    First ,all makes of SCT's will run together SLASH,SC10,LOSI STRIKE and others when they come out(Hpi,XTM ,Duratraxx ).

Stock SCT class :
    motors: the stock motors that come in the trucks.CAN NOT be modded
    Any ROAR stock 27t brushed motor-- must have can label and armature label
    ROAR 17.5 brushless --motor can must have 17.5 label on it.

batteries: any 7.2v NiMh/NiCad battery made for RC cars
    2cell 7.4 LiPo battery made for RC cars
    Tires/rims- stock tires and any aftermarket tire and rim made for the SCT trucks
    bodies-stock bodies and any aftermarket bodies for the SCT trucks

NO chassie mods or aftermarket chassies
    No aftermarket ball diffs
    you can change the following from stock:
    pinion/spur
    shocks
    radio

You may use some aluminium parts --use the Slash Spec class rule as a guide line.
    Stock servo's and ESC unless you switch to brushless

Modified SCT class:
    any motor you want brushed or brushless -must be made for RC cars
    any battery up to 7.4v made for RC use
    you can do chassie mods and use aftermarket chassie's
    Ball diffs allowed

ANY ELECTRIC TRUCK OR BUGGY CONVERTED TO A SCT WILL RUN IN SCT MOD CLASS..
    ANY CONVERTED NITRO TRUCK OR BUGGY WILL RUN IN ITS OWN CLASS(must have 3 entries) OR with Traxxas Slayers
    These rules are based from the new ROAR SCT class .
    If you have any questions please email or call

Sean
    Evolution Hobbies
    www.evolutionrcraceway.com
    Arent the 17.5 brushless alot more powerful? from what I have been reading all over the internet they are, so now you need to get a brushless system to be competitive in a spec class confused
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:31 pm

RC4ME

17.5 brushless is considered equal to a ROAR approved 27t stock motor.We used this ROAR rule 17.5=27T because it is accepted by racers.
    Remember we no longer offer a slash spec class ,its call SCT Stock . Keep in mind , that it still comes down to driving ability .Also there is talk that ROAR maybe be dropping the Slash spec class from next years Short Course Nationals,and going to the SCT Stock and OPEN/mod class.To many new SCT trucks coming out to keep them seperated.We have had no complaints about switching to the stock class instead of a spec class.Most of the racers like the SCT stock rules.The biggest rule change besides the 17.5 brushless over the spec class is you can run any aftermarket tire and body made for the SCT trucks. The rest of the rules are similiar to the spec rules.Lipo were accepted even in the spec class at most tracks.

To answer your question about having to go brushless,it is up to you .We have racers who still use brushed motors and COMPETE with the guys with brushless.Like i said it comes down to driving.

Sean
    Evolution Hobbies
    mtrucker
    mtrucker

Post by mtrucker Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:33 pm

Sean, are there brushless slash trucks running there now? or should I say were there any last sunday?,,my truck is BOX STOCK except the rear tires(proline Switches for slash)I ran pretty good there last week
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:54 pm

mtrucker
    For the most part the SCT (slash) class in running stock motors(brushed 27t or the stock motors they came with ).I checked and i believe they were all stocks last Sunday.We get Brushless SCT once in while.I think next season we will see a boom in brushless motors 17.5 for stock class and 8t-10t for open/mod class.

Sean

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 6:20 am