Maine-RC-Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Radio controlled racing

WWW.MAINERC.COM Welcome to the Maine R/C forum Register Today! WWW.MAINERC.COM

Clik on the Hobbyshops and Tracks links Please support your local hobby shop

Maximus R/C Raceway races every Wednesday night at 7 pm. & Saturdays at 5 pm

Evolution Hobbies and Raceway in Casco Maine. Outdoor Off Road Racing Sundays Spring Through Fall

GRANITE LEISURE TIME WEEKLY RACING ON FRIDAYS DOORS @ 5 RACING @ 7 AND SUNDAYS DOORS @ 12 RACING @ 1 PAN CAR, LEGENDS, SCT, 2WD BUGGY & VATERRA RALLY.

RAY & ROBBINS INDOOR OFF ROAD RACING TUESDAYS @ 6:30 ON ROAD RACING EVERY OTHER THURSDAY @ 6:30 (CALL STORE)

T&J R/C RACEWAY NOW OPEN IN WESTBROOK! INDOOR DIRT OVAL.

Latest topics

» for sale assoc. t5m stuff
Who is getting what 4wd Short Course this year? EmptySun May 06, 2018 3:32 pm by legend61

» dieing out ?
Who is getting what 4wd Short Course this year? EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 4:43 pm by bob.less13

» assoc.b5mbuggy
Who is getting what 4wd Short Course this year? EmptyTue Oct 10, 2017 11:23 pm by legend61

» looking to sell
Who is getting what 4wd Short Course this year? EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 5:05 pm by truck2552

» Thank you to all who attended
Who is getting what 4wd Short Course this year? EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 6:03 pm by iceman48

» This Sunday Sammy's Bash @ R&R's
Who is getting what 4wd Short Course this year? EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 10:50 am by iceman48

» One month to the first R&R bash 8-20-17
Who is getting what 4wd Short Course this year? EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 8:36 am by legend61

» assoc.b5m buggy
Who is getting what 4wd Short Course this year? EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 7:19 pm by truck2552

» Bash day August 20th @ Ray and Robins.
Who is getting what 4wd Short Course this year? EmptyFri Jun 02, 2017 5:54 pm by iceman48

UPCOMING R/C EVENTS

Ray & Robbins Hobby Center - Falmouth

RC Excitement - Fitchburg Mass.

Breakneck R/C - Livermore Falls

5 posters

Who is getting what 4wd Short Course this year?

Eagletal

Who is getting what 4wd Short Course this year? Empty Who is getting what 4wd Short Course this year?

Post by Eagletal Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:13 pm

Now that Losi, AE, and Team Durango has thrown their hat into the 4wd short course class we have plenty of options. Who is getting their first 4wd SC and/or buying a new one this year? Which one and why?

I am very tempted to get the new 4wd SC10 from AE. Belt driven... very interesting...
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Who is getting what 4wd Short Course this year? Empty Re: Who is getting what 4wd Short Course this year?

Post by Evolution Hobbies Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:12 pm

Eagletal

So far the most interest has been the Associated ,followed closely by the Team Durango.There is still a lot of interest in the Losi but the other two brands have peaked people's interest more.I have already have preorders for the the Associated and the Durango.Some people don't care for the idea of using saddle pack batteries in the Durango.Even though you can still use the saddle packs in a stick configuration in other trucks.That is why there is a little more interest in the SC10 4x4,plus that it is different than the rest.The losi is the only one coming as a roller so they may help it in the long run for those who do not want to build there trucks.
    It should be a great race season for the 4wd Sct .

Sean
    Evolution Hobbies
    racingff

Who is getting what 4wd Short Course this year? Empty Re: Who is getting what 4wd Short Course this year?

Post by racingff Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:03 pm

Dont know what to think yet of the belt drive deal. Question

Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:57 pm

racingff

The belt is going to be NO problem.They are much tougher than people realize,and they do not break/snap easily.If you were able to break/snap a belt then it would also damage a shaft driven vehicle as wall under the same circumstances. I have owned 1/10 and 1/8 car/trucks with belts in the past ,with no problems at all.The Associated belt is 5mm,while most of the belts in the past were 3-4mm and no problems.Its just different to racers who haven't been in the hobby long ,thats all.

Sean
    rcman973
    rcman973

Post by rcman973 Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:50 pm

I think the belt drive would be ok if it was a truck for indoor carpet SCT racing, but I don't think belt drive is the way to go for indoor or outdoor dirt racing. When I was racing my 4wd tamiya buggy that was belt drive with sealed drivetrain kinda like the SC10 4x4 I still got a lot of dirt in the drivetrain and it would always mess up the belts and pullies. So unless there is a way to keep 100% of the dirt out of the drive train I don't think the belt drive will work to well.
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:23 am

Jeff

there will be no problem with the belt.Open or closed .Look at All of Shumacher racing current 4wd buggies and cars.They are all open including there 4wd off road cars and that is one of the best 4wd off road buggies out there.If remember right you had problems with the diffs themselves in your Durga not the belt messing up.Getting back to the Shumacher buggy.That is all open ,and they don't bind up from debris and you never have problems with the belt breaking or snapping.I know this because i have owned 3 version of the Shumacher cat 4wd buggies in the past.They are not the only company using the open belt concept and having no problems.Jeff there will always be the debate of which one is better belt or shaft and arguement will keep going on.

Talk to Nate today and said you may go done with him to RC excitement some time?going to see if i can get a few more to go down with you guys.

Sea
    rcman973
    rcman973

Post by rcman973 Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:08 am

Evolution Hobbies wrote:Jeff

there will be no problem with the belt.Open or closed .Look at All of Shumacher racing current 4wd buggies and cars.They are all open including there 4wd off road cars and that is one of the best 4wd off road buggies out there.If remember right you had problems with the diffs themselves in your Durga not the belt messing up.Getting back to the Shumacher buggy.That is all open ,and they don't bind up from debris and you never have problems with the belt breaking or snapping.I know this because i have owned 3 version of the Shumacher cat 4wd buggies in the past.They are not the only company using the open belt concept and having no problems.Jeff there will always be the debate of which one is better belt or shaft and arguement will keep going on.

It wasn't just the diffs. I had to replace the belts because the teeth on them were all messed up from dirt getting in them. And once they were messed up it would then mess up the pullies and really screw things up. I'm sure all that power from the 5700 didn't help them any, but that wasn't the main cause of the problems. I know belt drive might work good for some people but not for me. No matter what I did even with the sealed drivetrain I couldn't keep the dirt from getting in and messing with the belts and pullies. Crying or Very sad Mad
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:15 pm

Jeff

I think it's going to surprise how tough belts really are jeff.In touring cars they go down to 3.5 brushless motors and the belts take the punishment from the on and off braking and such.It may not be dirt but that low of a motor puts a lot of strain on the drive train.
    For the ones who don't want belt there is a lot of other great choices out there.Like i said before i think this truck is going to surprise everyone and change the minds of skeptics.

Are you going to run your 1/8 electric this year?there may be a few new guys with them.

Sean

rcman973
    rcman973

Post by rcman973 Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:35 pm

Evolution Hobbies wrote:Jeff

I think it's going to surprise how tough belts really are jeff.In touring cars they go down to 3.5 brushless motors and the belts take the punishment from the on and off braking and such.It may not be dirt but that low of a motor puts a lot of strain on the drive train.
    For the ones who don't want belt there is a lot of other great choices out there.Like i said before i think this truck is going to surprise everyone and change the minds of skeptics.

Are you going to run your 1/8 electric this year?there may be a few new guys with them.

Sean

Im sure the belts can take the punishment of a mod systems, but when you get dirt and rocks in the belts/pullies they will get messed up pretty fast.

On a side note, yea I might run my 1/8 buggy this summer if there are any 1/8th this year. I also might have a 1/8SCT if I can figure out how to mount my old blitz body to my buggy!! lol!
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:42 pm

jeff

I haven't had many Traxxas Slayer owners come and ask about racing .That would be the start of a 1/8 SCT class.You never know what will show up at times.I know some guys are using the traxxas 1914x mounts for mounting bigger body's on stuff.They are by no means a direct fit but people have made them work in a lot body mount mods.

sean
    Rad Randy 1
    Rad Randy 1

Post by Rad Randy 1 Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:28 pm

Sean, Do you have the Team Durango DESC410R? If so what is the price? Thanks, Randy
    rcman973
    rcman973

Post by rcman973 Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:23 pm

Evolution Hobbies wrote:jeff

I haven't had many Traxxas Slayer owners come and ask about racing .That would be the start of a 1/8 SCT class.You never know what will show up at times.I know some guys are using the traxxas 1914x mounts for mounting bigger body's on stuff.They are by no means a direct fit but people have made them work in a lot body mount mods.

sean
    Yea my dad just put new mounts on his slash(1914x) so I stole the old ones and I'm gonna try to make them work with the buggy. I got the front one on just gotta figure out how to mount the rear one. scratch
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:09 pm

Rad Randy 1

The Team Durango DESC410r kit sells for$399.99 +tax ,i am offering a deal ,if some who wants one prepays/pre orders the price is $375.00+tax .I have 2 on order ,one is sold already and one is still available for sale.There has been a lot of interest in this trucks sense pro-type picture were shown of it.
    The distributor says they are hoping to see them by the end of the month could be sooner but also could be March before they are in .They are in production now so i hope sooner than later.The first shipment of kits are going to be limited supply.I talk to a team driver and he said people are going to be surprised how quick they are and how well they handle.Very durable like the DEX buggies.Looks like there will be a Team Durango 2wd SCT and 2wd 1/10 buggy coming some time in summer.Pictures of the 2wd buggy are already floating around the internet.Also the 4wd DEXSC as alaready won big racing here in the U.S. using pre-production kits.

Sean
    Evolution Hobbies
    Rad Randy 1
    Rad Randy 1

Post by Rad Randy 1 Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:56 pm

Sean, Totally interested I will call you tomorrow! Thanks Randy
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:37 pm

Randy

Just talk to my Durango distributor again today and he says that the factory is going to try to get out the first batch of kits in the next couple of days,so if that happens it looks like the could be here for the end of the month.
    Just so you no the kit comes with no tire's,but it does come with rims.

Sean
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:20 pm

Just to let people know .Both of the Team Durango SCT kits are now sold.I will not know if i can get more until the kits are in stock at the supplier and all back orders are filled first.
    If you are interested in one still email or call me and i will make a list and let those people know as soon as i do .

To the two who are getting my fist 2 kits ,thank you for your orders.

Sean
    Evolution Hobbies

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:48 am