Maine-RC-Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Radio controlled racing

WWW.MAINERC.COM Welcome to the Maine R/C forum Register Today! WWW.MAINERC.COM

Clik on the Hobbyshops and Tracks links Please support your local hobby shop

Maximus R/C Raceway races every Wednesday night at 7 pm. & Saturdays at 5 pm

Evolution Hobbies and Raceway in Casco Maine. Outdoor Off Road Racing Sundays Spring Through Fall

GRANITE LEISURE TIME WEEKLY RACING ON FRIDAYS DOORS @ 5 RACING @ 7 AND SUNDAYS DOORS @ 12 RACING @ 1 PAN CAR, LEGENDS, SCT, 2WD BUGGY & VATERRA RALLY.

RAY & ROBBINS INDOOR OFF ROAD RACING TUESDAYS @ 6:30 ON ROAD RACING EVERY OTHER THURSDAY @ 6:30 (CALL STORE)

T&J R/C RACEWAY NOW OPEN IN WESTBROOK! INDOOR DIRT OVAL.

Latest topics

» for sale assoc. t5m stuff
Throttle Crusher Classic at the ME Jet Rally EmptySun May 06, 2018 3:32 pm by legend61

» dieing out ?
Throttle Crusher Classic at the ME Jet Rally EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 4:43 pm by bob.less13

» assoc.b5mbuggy
Throttle Crusher Classic at the ME Jet Rally EmptyTue Oct 10, 2017 11:23 pm by legend61

» looking to sell
Throttle Crusher Classic at the ME Jet Rally EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 5:05 pm by truck2552

» Thank you to all who attended
Throttle Crusher Classic at the ME Jet Rally EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 6:03 pm by iceman48

» This Sunday Sammy's Bash @ R&R's
Throttle Crusher Classic at the ME Jet Rally EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 10:50 am by iceman48

» One month to the first R&R bash 8-20-17
Throttle Crusher Classic at the ME Jet Rally EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 8:36 am by legend61

» assoc.b5m buggy
Throttle Crusher Classic at the ME Jet Rally EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 7:19 pm by truck2552

» Bash day August 20th @ Ray and Robins.
Throttle Crusher Classic at the ME Jet Rally EmptyFri Jun 02, 2017 5:54 pm by iceman48

UPCOMING R/C EVENTS

Ray & Robbins Hobby Center - Falmouth

RC Excitement - Fitchburg Mass.

Breakneck R/C - Livermore Falls

+5
scortchenscott
The hammer
Jimmy Mac
Evolution Hobbies
Uncle Ron
9 posters

Throttle Crusher Classic at the ME Jet Rally

sharkman
    sharkman

Throttle Crusher Classic at the ME Jet Rally Empty Throttle Crusher Classic at the ME Jet Rally

Post by sharkman Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:06 am

Plans are well under way for the ME Jet Rally Throttle Crusher Classic.
    This will take place at the Sanford airport September 6-8.
    We are working on a new track design that is more compact and driver/vehicle friendly.
    Registration will also be inline with typical local trophy race fees.
    Classes are expected to be 17.5 sct, open sct, open 4x4 sct, 1/8 classes as needed.

Open practice will be Friday 9-5
    Saturday heats and Sunday mains

We will also hold an onroad club race on the asphalt under the lights Friday evening.  This will follow the onroad rules for Mini Cooper, legends, and WGT cars currently running on Tuesdays at ray & Robins.
    Registration fees for the onroad race will be $10 first and $5 for the second.

I will have more information in the days to come.

Don't miss this opportunity get a full weekend of racing plus the air show, Saturday banquet and night time air show and fireworks!
    sharkman
    sharkman

Throttle Crusher Classic at the ME Jet Rally Empty Re: Throttle Crusher Classic at the ME Jet Rally

Post by sharkman Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:01 pm

Updates:
    Track is being leveled.  We are rebuilding from the ground up.  Track will be flowing and great for sct. No monster jumps.  Saturday starting at 7 am we will be at the track if you want to lend a hand and maybe get some laps in after we are done.

Race fees for the Throttle crusher classic $35 first class.  $15 for each additional class.  Tentatively we are going to have the following classes: 2wd sct 17.5, 2wd sct mod, 4wd sct open, 2wd buggy, 1/8 buggy / truggy.

Reminder that we will be running an on road club race on the asphalt Friday night under the lights. Heats will start at 6 pm.  Classes will be Mini Cooper stock and open, legends, and 2wd sct stock (17.5, traxxas 12t). WGT.  Mini Cooper open allows the tamiya black can sport tuned motor.  4000 mah nimh only in the mini class.  Lipos allowed in sct and WGT.
    $10 first class. $5 each additional class.
    The asphalt is smooth as glass.  I will try to upload a video of gene running his box stock mini.  It was on rails.

We are pleased to announce that Maximus raceway will be an event sponsor and will have the mobile hobby shop on site to take care of any parts/supplies that the racers will need.  

Racers wishing to camp out, there will be room for campers or RVs on site behind the track.

I will have pics up saturday of the new layout.

Any questions pm or post right here.
    Uncle Ron
    Uncle Ron

Throttle Crusher Classic at the ME Jet Rally Empty Re: Throttle Crusher Classic at the ME Jet Rally

Post by Uncle Ron Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:15 pm

Ok compacter, grill an hand tools loaded to work on the track tomorrow.
    sharkman
    sharkman

Post by sharkman Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:47 pm

I got burgers and dogs. Track layout, and tools.  Ty is coming too.  He may want to drive a bobcat!
    Uncle Ron
    Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:05 pm

The track is all down cheers . Over the next week we will do the finish work so it will be ready.
    sharkman
    sharkman

Post by sharkman Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:50 pm

Water lines will be installed this week. 
    Thanks to all who put in some hard work.
    scortchenscott
    scortchenscott

Post by scortchenscott Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:22 pm

stock sct in "blinky" or can I cheat all i want ???Rolling Eyes use trinity d3.5??study
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:32 pm

Trinity d3.5 are now back on Roars approved list until end of the year or when its replacement comes out.Just keep in mind trinity was not the only company using the same wire as them.Why do you think a lot of companies didn't push the cheating thing,because they were using that wire as well.
    Plus most tracks didn't pull them just because they new what was the truth ,even at roar events still allowed them.
    Jimmy Mac
    Jimmy Mac

Post by Jimmy Mac Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:15 pm

1st Roar did not allow the d3.5 at any roar events while it was not on the list. The events it was allowed at where NOT Roar events. In regards to the wire Roar tested many other motors TP included along with Reedy and Novak along with the D3.5  on thier new equipment and all others passed and the d3.5 did not. The settlement made between Roar and Trinity allowing the D3.5 until March when the D4 is supposed to be out. The d3.5 STILL DOES NOT MEET THE CRITERIA FOR ROAR STOCK MOTORS DUE To THE WIRE SIZE USED. However because it was approved before the new testing equipment Roar in the settlement has temporarily put it back on the list and also Roar has agreed to have all testing and research data provided by an outside source. Trinity has agree'd to have a new motor before March 1st 2014 that has the legal size wire to replace the d3.5 by whitch after March 1st 2014 will no longer be on the Roar approval list. I got my facts right from the  press release from Ernest Provetti announcing the settlement between Tinicorp and Roar and the initial press release from Roar announcing the inital removal of the D3.5
    I dont like it but because it is on the list then if we are following Roar rules then it should be allowed. However if the Roar rules are being used as basic guidlines and the race organizer has discression in whitch I believe is the case as we allow the Traxxas motor whitch is not Roar approved then I am all in favor for not allowing it.....Right now there are still guys using the old Traxxas motors and esc and are right on par with everyone else. If the d3.5 is allowed IMO they wont even be close anymore. Not good for local racing IMO. Flame away..............
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:35 pm

Jim
    the motors were used in some roar events at the time!not all but some. The reason they were allowed was because those tracks didn't care for the way the situation was be dealt with by  both roar and trinity at the time.Just so you know some TP ,Reedy and others (again not all those companies 17.5 used it) motors DID use the same wire.Novak may be they exception .

I have talked to many track owners and they kinda would like to see the stock classes go away ,just because of this.And just go with open classes.At least at off road tracks.Oval racing a different story.

There will always be a debate on this .It may be a different company next time.
    Jimmy Mac
    Jimmy Mac

Post by Jimmy Mac Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:06 pm

If a non roar motor was used then it was not a real Roar santioned event. If the event was truely Roar then the track has zero say on rules regarding the running gear used. If a racer was required to pay Roar fees IE a Roar membership or even a one race membership to race at a race promoted as a Roar event and Roar rules where not adhered to then they got ripped off by the event organizer period.

Again ALL the other motors tested I believe there was 13 of them passed on the new equipment and the D3.5 did not....if they where using the same wire then how did they pass?????

Sean I am very very aware of the whole issue and the facts surrounding it.

I bet doing away with "stock" classes will KILL club racing in short order localy oval off on road doesnt matter. And on the contrary I have talked to track operaters on and off road that wish open class speedo's would go away in fact what has been a huge trend with many tracks that have weekly club racing and that is esc's with Blinky and non programable esc's are only allowed.

I am not going to argue with you Sean  I said my 2 cents and will race at this event either way as it's going to be a great event.
    scortchenscott
    scortchenscott

Post by scortchenscott Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:37 pm

Jeez what a can of worms that question opened up! !!! I just want to know what will be allowed so I can get my gear set up. I prefer blinky to make it a more even playing field.if you want to go fast run in mod. There will always be people finding ways to cheat either way.....blinky just makes it harder.....I have a laptop and a hotwire setup but I would rather not use it.....
    sharkman
    sharkman

Post by sharkman Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:39 pm

Ok let's all settle down...
    First off, I have always been a proponent of blinky racing in the 17.5 class in this area.  We have a wide range of talent levels who compete on a weekly basis on the tracks throughout the state.  Any 17.5 motor (thunder power, tekin, Novak, d3.5). No blatant outlaw 17.5 motors.  Esc in spec/blinky mode (no esc timing or boost).
    The predominant time the d3.5 motor issue comes up is in oval where every tenth/hundredth counts.  We are racing offroad on a non blue groove track where it will not be as noticeable.
    It has been shown time and time again that blinky 17.5 and the traxxas 12t are very close on the track.  If you want to run boosted RUN OPEN.

Last years event used the same rules and was very close racing. 
    If you feel like you need to cheat, we will check and you will be dealt with.  

This is not the nationals.  We are racing toy cars and do this for fun and to hang out with good people and friends.  This is the end of discussion regarding the legality of motors.  Take it to another thread or pm me for clarification.

The 2wd buggy class will be an open motor/esc class.
    sharkman
    sharkman

Post by sharkman Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:53 pm

There will not be online registration.  Registration will be on site this year.  
    If you want to eat at the Saturday banquet make sure you contact Bethany at Ray&Robbins ahead 
    Of time as they need head counts before the event.  Those of you who participated last year enjoyed more food then they could eat.  There is also going to be a night time air show after the banquet. 

Look forward to seeing everyone there and remember there is the race for a cure coming up this Saturday where u can get some track time and support a great cause.
    scortchenscott
    scortchenscott

Post by scortchenscott Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:09 pm

That's all I was asking to know....
    sharkman
    sharkman

Post by sharkman Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:16 pm

No worries.  It needed to be brought up. And now it has been addressed and moving on.
    The hammer

Post by The hammer Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:02 pm

So the 17.5 class will be blinky from what I'm reading
    sharkman
    sharkman

Post by sharkman Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:46 pm

Yes that is correct.
    sharkman
    sharkman

Post by sharkman Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:32 pm

Jimmy fund race for a cure was a great tune up for the throttle crusher in two weeks.
    Track will be tweaked to eliminate a couple rough spots.
    Great job today and all week by John B. uncle Ron, and Rick S. getting the track ready.

The Throttle Crusher is shaping up to be a great event.  Don't forget about the asphalt onroad race Friday evening of the jet rally.
    scortchenscott
    scortchenscott

Post by scortchenscott Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:14 pm

got my room booked at the super8 all booked for the 7th..cheers .got my surf & turf meals for me and my girl all in Very Happy( she actually wants to come too this one ) now I just have to fix all the #@$% thats wrong with my old trucks !!!!Rolling Eyes

Post by Guest Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:51 pm

Will there be a big tent like last year for the RC pits?
    gtvtec

Throttle Crusher Classic at the ME Jet Rally Empty throtle crusher

Post by gtvtec Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:50 pm

There will be no tent this year, so bring your own if you have one.Very Happy
    Thanks
    sharkman
    sharkman

Post by sharkman Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:05 pm

Good news!
    Entry fees should have read $30 first class and $15 each additional.

If you want to attend the banquet Saturday night, make sure you go to the website mejetrally.org and click on the volunteer link.
    Fill in your info and what meal you will have. In the remarks box put in that you are racing so they do not confuse you with the volunteers.
    Get them in quickly as they need final meals counts for the caterer.
    iceman48

Post by iceman48 Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:51 pm

I want to thank Bill Scooter Ron Rick for building the track in one day!!! Its fast and flows nicely! When any of you see Rick Sheppard make sure to give him a nod and a big Thank You, He has been at the track every night fixing jumps and watering the track!!!!!
    sharkman
    sharkman

Post by sharkman Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:18 pm

Just received two race kits to give away.  They have the letters TLR on them.
    Racers will receive one raffle ticket for each class they enter.

Weather looks great.  Look forward to seeing everyone this weekend.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:03 pm