Maine-RC-Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Radio controlled racing

WWW.MAINERC.COM Welcome to the Maine R/C forum Register Today! WWW.MAINERC.COM

Clik on the Hobbyshops and Tracks links Please support your local hobby shop

Maximus R/C Raceway races every Wednesday night at 7 pm. & Saturdays at 5 pm

Evolution Hobbies and Raceway in Casco Maine. Outdoor Off Road Racing Sundays Spring Through Fall

GRANITE LEISURE TIME WEEKLY RACING ON FRIDAYS DOORS @ 5 RACING @ 7 AND SUNDAYS DOORS @ 12 RACING @ 1 PAN CAR, LEGENDS, SCT, 2WD BUGGY & VATERRA RALLY.

RAY & ROBBINS INDOOR OFF ROAD RACING TUESDAYS @ 6:30 ON ROAD RACING EVERY OTHER THURSDAY @ 6:30 (CALL STORE)

T&J R/C RACEWAY NOW OPEN IN WESTBROOK! INDOOR DIRT OVAL.

Latest topics

» for sale assoc. t5m stuff
Evolution Hobbies starting the outdoor  race  season early? w/updated pic's EmptySun May 06, 2018 3:32 pm by legend61

» dieing out ?
Evolution Hobbies starting the outdoor  race  season early? w/updated pic's EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 4:43 pm by bob.less13

» assoc.b5mbuggy
Evolution Hobbies starting the outdoor  race  season early? w/updated pic's EmptyTue Oct 10, 2017 11:23 pm by legend61

» looking to sell
Evolution Hobbies starting the outdoor  race  season early? w/updated pic's EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 5:05 pm by truck2552

» Thank you to all who attended
Evolution Hobbies starting the outdoor  race  season early? w/updated pic's EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 6:03 pm by iceman48

» This Sunday Sammy's Bash @ R&R's
Evolution Hobbies starting the outdoor  race  season early? w/updated pic's EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 10:50 am by iceman48

» One month to the first R&R bash 8-20-17
Evolution Hobbies starting the outdoor  race  season early? w/updated pic's EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 8:36 am by legend61

» assoc.b5m buggy
Evolution Hobbies starting the outdoor  race  season early? w/updated pic's EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 7:19 pm by truck2552

» Bash day August 20th @ Ray and Robins.
Evolution Hobbies starting the outdoor  race  season early? w/updated pic's EmptyFri Jun 02, 2017 5:54 pm by iceman48

UPCOMING R/C EVENTS

Ray & Robbins Hobby Center - Falmouth

RC Excitement - Fitchburg Mass.

Breakneck R/C - Livermore Falls

+10
RabbitCNC
bajamike207
wheres_yogi
xVALTAYDOMx
allout1771
TeamAssociated_Kevin
Steve_Whatshisname
rcracer207
teamflash44
Evolution Hobbies
14 posters

Evolution Hobbies starting the outdoor race season early? w/updated pic's

Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Evolution Hobbies starting the outdoor  race  season early? w/updated pic's Empty Evolution Hobbies starting the outdoor race season early? w/updated pic's

Post by Evolution Hobbies Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:12 pm

I have had a lot of calls and emails wondering if i will start the outdoor race season early.YES! i will ,but its going to be at least two more weeks.Looking at maybe (weather permitting) Sunday April 1st and NO this is not a April fools joke. cheers
    The reason for the two weeks is the upper portion of the track is still very wet from the melting snow.I am hoping that the warmer weather coming this week will dry everything up.Then next week end clean and neaten the track up.The layout for now will be like the end of last season.As i get closer to the official open day in May ,i will then change the track to the new layout.For now it will be last years layout to get up and running.

If you have any more questions post them here,email,PM or call the shop 207-6274407
    I will keep everyone informed here and on the track website www.evolutionrcraceway.com

Sean
    Evolution Hobbies and Raceway

Last edited by Evolution Hobbies on Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    teamflash44
    teamflash44

Evolution Hobbies starting the outdoor  race  season early? w/updated pic's Empty Re: Evolution Hobbies starting the outdoor race season early? w/updated pic's

Post by teamflash44 Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:09 am

hey Sean,

Keep us posted. Jarek and I will be able to come up on sunday to do track clean up if everything is ready and the weather helps out. We are looking forward to it! YEAH!'

Todd
    rcracer207
    rcracer207
    Admin

Evolution Hobbies starting the outdoor  race  season early? w/updated pic's Empty Re: Evolution Hobbies starting the outdoor race season early? w/updated pic's

Post by rcracer207 Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:56 am

Todd

Josh and I are planning on going Saturday and or Sunday depending on weather. Put pipes down, clean up track and stuff. Maybe we will see you guys there.
    teamflash44
    teamflash44

Post by teamflash44 Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:05 am

Hey Nate,
    Great! If the weather stays the way they say, we'll be there Sunday. We'll be glad to help out with whatever needs to be done. We'll bring our trucks and plan to get some testing in after the track is ready to go.

See you Sunday if all goes well! bounce
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:46 pm

Looks like work on the track will be Saturday (depending on weather,shop hours for Saturday 10-5) and Sunday .Shop opens 11-3 on Sunday ,so its sounds like anyone coming around on Sunday to help will be during shop hours.
    Its not going to take much to get it ready,sweeping up the sand from the end of the season ,fix the jumps and elevation change.Lay down the pipes to last years layout.Then RACE!!

Sean
    rcracer207
    rcracer207
    Admin

Post by rcracer207 Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:17 pm

Sound good. Im planning on Saturday and Sunday bounce . Excited to get some outdoor laps in. How is the top section of the track drying up? Still a little muddy?
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:50 am

Nate
    I will check the upper section tomorrow.Took it easy at home today,knee was bothering me all day today.

Sean
    Steve_Whatshisname
    Steve_Whatshisname

Post by Steve_Whatshisname Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:55 am

Hey Sean,

Got a nice Track Sweeper with large tires to help out and chase Kevin all over with. I'll shoot for 11am to show up and do stuff. Lets just say I've caught the 8th scale bug and I feel the need for speed. Hopefully I wont get any more molten plastic and lithium on my windshield this year. Smile

-Steve Fra#%&*(_ oh just Steve F.

TeamAssociated_Kevin
    TeamAssociated_Kevin

Post by TeamAssociated_Kevin Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:59 pm

Steve you are going to hurt yourself with that thing!
    rcracer207
    rcracer207
    Admin

Post by rcracer207 Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:02 am

Its ok if you hurt yourself, just dont hurt anyone else!

I took a 1/8 nitro buggy in the leg last fall corner marshaling. Did not feel too nice Evil or Very Mad
    rcracer207
    rcracer207
    Admin

Post by rcracer207 Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:19 am

Oh and just saw the weather on the 11:00 news, NO RAIN being forecasted for Saturday or Sunday so LETS RACE GOD DAMN IT !!!!!!!
    rcracer207
    rcracer207
    Admin

Post by rcracer207 Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:20 am

cheers bounce Laughing Wink

teamflash44
    teamflash44

Post by teamflash44 Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:28 pm

Jarek and I will be there Sunday. We'll be there by 11:00. We will help with whatever you don't finish up on Saturday. We look forward to helping with clean up, getting some paractice time in and we are looking to forward to seeing everyone again!
    See ya Sunday! bounce
    Steve_Whatshisname
    Steve_Whatshisname

Post by Steve_Whatshisname Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:56 am

Quoth WGME:

We'll see fading sunshine on Saturday as clouds increase but showers should hold off until Saturday night. Periods of rain and cool temperatures will stick around for Sunday thanks to a southeast wind off the ocean and a frontal system traveling through.

Sooooo maybe not such great stuff for Sunday. Sat should still be good.
    rcracer207
    rcracer207
    Admin

Post by rcracer207 Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:01 am

ya they changed their mind three times last week. First rain Saturday night or Sunday, then the rain was going to hold off Sunday, now its supposed to rain again on Sunday.

I hope they are all wrong.
    TeamAssociated_Kevin
    TeamAssociated_Kevin

Post by TeamAssociated_Kevin Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:17 am

Anyone have a track status update? Is this still going to be a track cleanup day? If so what time y'all showing up
    rcracer207
    rcracer207
    Admin

Post by rcracer207 Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:22 am

Josh and I are going to be there around 11. Some pipes need to be laid out and nailed down, and there is a lot of sand from last fall that needs to be swept off the track. Maybe a little raking, manicure some jumps but overall not too bad. Should go quick with a few people, then plenty of time for some practice. cheers
    allout1771
    allout1771

Post by allout1771 Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:31 am

Me and brain will be there around 11 or so. Kevin do you have a bunch of slash transmisson parts slippers and stuff ?
    xVALTAYDOMx
    xVALTAYDOMx

Evolution Hobbies starting the outdoor  race  season early? w/updated pic's Empty april 1st

Post by xVALTAYDOMx Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:19 pm

sounds like everyone is excited for some out door racing i was at granite last night and heard at least 5-6 people chatting about coming down on the First.
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:53 pm

Few picture's of the guys getting the track done!
    [img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f47/14/37/31/30/ds[url=https://servimg.com/view/14373130/126]Evolution Hobbies starting the outdoor  race  season early? w/updated pic's Dsc00921c00920.jpg[/iEvolution Hobbies starting the outdoor  race  season early? w/updated pic's Dsc00922mgEvolution Hobbies starting the outdoor  race  season early? w/updated pic's Dsc00923][/url]Evolution Hobbies starting the outdoor  race  season early? w/updated pic's Dsc00924
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:35 pm

[img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f47/14/37/3[url=https://servimg.com/view/14373130/131]Evolution Hobbies starting the outdoor  race  season early? w/updated pic's Dsc009261/30/dscEvolution Hobbies starting the outdoor  race  season early? w/updated pic's Dsc0092700925.jpg[Evolution Hobbies starting the outdoor  race  season early? w/updated pic's Dsc00928/img][/url]

The track started to get a little dry in some area's,but still not bad for March.

THANKS to the following people for there help today to get the track ready!
    Josh May
    Rex Olmstead
    Heath Larrabee
    Brian Harrison
    Nate Stiffler
    Kimberly Stiffler
    Kevin Pesce
    Steve "what's his name" Frangipane

Sean
    TeamAssociated_Kevin
    TeamAssociated_Kevin

Post by TeamAssociated_Kevin Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:50 pm

The free pizza and practice session made it a good swap Sean, so thank you!

I'd say 90+% of last year's loose material is off the track, its actually really smooth and in quite good condition. The jumps are all smaller from use and winter runoff, but otherwise fine until the track is redesigned. We had everything from 10th 2wd buggies to 8th scale truggies out there today, and I know all I heard were good things.

Soft compound Snipers and Goosebumps will again the tires of choice this year. There will always be enough loose clay and soft surface (about half the track) to make good use of these medium-size knob tires, with the rest of the surface being a medium-softness packed clay.
    rcracer207
    rcracer207
    Admin

Post by rcracer207 Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:11 pm

Was good to get some OUTDOOR laps in for sure!!

Now we just need to hope the rain holds off or is minimal and we can race tomorrow or at least have another day of practice.
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:56 pm

If there is enough racers at noon time to race then i will organize one.if not it will be open practice until 3pm.this all depends on the weather tomorrow.
    Next Sunday will will be the first of the preseason races .

Sean
    teamflash44
    teamflash44

Post by teamflash44 Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:17 am

Jarek and I are sorry we didn't make it there yesterday to help with the track. It looks like there was a good crew there putting it back together. Thank you to everyone that helped out to get it ready for the rest of us!! cheers
    It is raining here in Windham (everything is soaked) and looks like the rain has settled in for the day. We won't be up today but we'll be up on Wednesday afternoon to pick up the parts and card you have set aside for me Sean.
    We are already looking forward to next Sunday the 1st!
    See you soon!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 1:44 pm