Maine-RC-Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Radio controlled racing

WWW.MAINERC.COM Welcome to the Maine R/C forum Register Today! WWW.MAINERC.COM

Clik on the Hobbyshops and Tracks links Please support your local hobby shop

Maximus R/C Raceway races every Wednesday night at 7 pm. & Saturdays at 5 pm

Evolution Hobbies and Raceway in Casco Maine. Outdoor Off Road Racing Sundays Spring Through Fall

GRANITE LEISURE TIME WEEKLY RACING ON FRIDAYS DOORS @ 5 RACING @ 7 AND SUNDAYS DOORS @ 12 RACING @ 1 PAN CAR, LEGENDS, SCT, 2WD BUGGY & VATERRA RALLY.

RAY & ROBBINS INDOOR OFF ROAD RACING TUESDAYS @ 6:30 ON ROAD RACING EVERY OTHER THURSDAY @ 6:30 (CALL STORE)

T&J R/C RACEWAY NOW OPEN IN WESTBROOK! INDOOR DIRT OVAL.

Latest topics

» for sale assoc. t5m stuff
Evolution Hobbies starting the outdoor  race  season early? w/updated pic's - Page 2 EmptySun May 06, 2018 3:32 pm by legend61

» dieing out ?
Evolution Hobbies starting the outdoor  race  season early? w/updated pic's - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 4:43 pm by bob.less13

» assoc.b5mbuggy
Evolution Hobbies starting the outdoor  race  season early? w/updated pic's - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 10, 2017 11:23 pm by legend61

» looking to sell
Evolution Hobbies starting the outdoor  race  season early? w/updated pic's - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 5:05 pm by truck2552

» Thank you to all who attended
Evolution Hobbies starting the outdoor  race  season early? w/updated pic's - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 6:03 pm by iceman48

» This Sunday Sammy's Bash @ R&R's
Evolution Hobbies starting the outdoor  race  season early? w/updated pic's - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 10:50 am by iceman48

» One month to the first R&R bash 8-20-17
Evolution Hobbies starting the outdoor  race  season early? w/updated pic's - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 8:36 am by legend61

» assoc.b5m buggy
Evolution Hobbies starting the outdoor  race  season early? w/updated pic's - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 7:19 pm by truck2552

» Bash day August 20th @ Ray and Robins.
Evolution Hobbies starting the outdoor  race  season early? w/updated pic's - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 02, 2017 5:54 pm by iceman48

UPCOMING R/C EVENTS

Ray & Robbins Hobby Center - Falmouth

RC Excitement - Fitchburg Mass.

Breakneck R/C - Livermore Falls

+10
RabbitCNC
bajamike207
wheres_yogi
xVALTAYDOMx
allout1771
TeamAssociated_Kevin
Steve_Whatshisname
rcracer207
teamflash44
Evolution Hobbies
14 posters

Evolution Hobbies starting the outdoor race season early? w/updated pic's

Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Evolution Hobbies starting the outdoor  race  season early? w/updated pic's - Page 2 Empty Re: Evolution Hobbies starting the outdoor race season early? w/updated pic's

Post by Evolution Hobbies Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:45 am

Todd its a light steady rain here right now.At this point i would have to say the day is a washout.The track doesn't have puddles on it ,seems to be soaking in the water.But its only going to be able to take in so much water.

Next Sunday race day will be just like a regular race event,racing starting at 10 am and standard entry fee.

To all those racers who have there own AMB/MYLAPS transponder ,PLEASE have your PT(s) number when you register.

See you next Sunday!!!! cheers cheers cheers

Sean
    Evolution Hobbies and Raceway
    rcracer207
    rcracer207
    Admin

Evolution Hobbies starting the outdoor  race  season early? w/updated pic's - Page 2 Empty Re: Evolution Hobbies starting the outdoor race season early? w/updated pic's

Post by rcracer207 Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:36 pm

Too bad the weather didnt work out for us. At least we had a nice day yesterday and got to get some good practice in.

See everyone next Sunday for OUTDOOR RACING cheers bounce Very Happy
    wheres_yogi

Post by wheres_yogi Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:08 pm

Hey sean, how is the turn out for 1/8th scale electric? Are you running buggies and truggies together or eaxh have there own class. Thinking of getting back into racing and wanted to get something that was going to have a good turn out.
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:28 pm

wheres yogi
    At this point it looks like 1/8th electric buggy is going to be a growing class.There are more enough buggies now to make a class.Last season we had more than enough to have a class of them just about every week.I will run electric truggy together if need to but i would like to keep them separate.Most people are going with buggies.

Sean
    Evolution Hobbies
    wheres_yogi

Post by wheres_yogi Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:51 pm

What is everyone running for buggies?
    bajamike207

Post by bajamike207 Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:24 pm

yo cj, associated makes the rc8 buggy, thats what most guys are using. i drove kevins at maximus and its impressive! short course is still king though, you will need one of those as well, lol! one class is not gonna cut it, so start looking for something cheap that you can rub some fenders with Laughing
    xVALTAYDOMx
    xVALTAYDOMx

Evolution Hobbies starting the outdoor  race  season early? w/updated pic's - Page 2 Empty 1/8 scale buggy

Post by xVALTAYDOMx Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:36 pm

if you have a spectrum radio I gotta Bnd 8th scale for sale on here !!
    wheres_yogi

Post by wheres_yogi Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:38 pm

What is it for a buggy. I do have a spektrum radio setup.
    rcracer207
    rcracer207
    Admin

Post by rcracer207 Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:11 pm

wheres_yogi wrote:What is everyone running for buggies?

There are quite a few of us running the Associated RC8Be

a few Ofna's and Losi's
    allout1771
    allout1771

Post by allout1771 Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:39 pm

Yogi

There are a few aeb8 and a losi 8e also a kyosho and more to come
    wheres_yogi

Post by wheres_yogi Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:05 pm

Are nitros still having a hard time showing up? I like nitro better but if i sell my 1/5th scale for something to race i want to make sure there will be a big enough turnout
    rcracer207
    rcracer207
    Admin

Post by rcracer207 Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:29 pm

There are usually not any nitros. They show up for the bigger races but nor really at all on weekly races.
    Steve_Whatshisname
    Steve_Whatshisname

Post by Steve_Whatshisname Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:24 pm

I've got an 8ight-t and will race it any time there are others with them there. One other person said they had one and wanted to give it a run as well. Im still learning to drive mine effectively as it does seem like an RC cookie monster, devouring everything in its path, but fun. Im also up with the 8th scale buggies as well. Much more fun than a SCT (kinda done with those) and super fast. Im sure the track can accommodate all Smile
    teamflash44
    teamflash44

Post by teamflash44 Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:51 pm

Looks like rain and snow over the next day or so but the weekend is looking nice right now. Hopefully anything we get in the form of rain or snow is light and won't effect the track. Everything should dry out Friday and Saturday and leave us in good shape on Sunday. Might be a late start though if there is much frost overnight (lows in the upper 20s).

Hope to see everyone Sunday! cheers
    rcracer207
    rcracer207
    Admin

Post by rcracer207 Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:33 pm

I say we all pitch in a few tarps and a few cinder blocks and cover the track up just like they do to baseball fields!

Very Happy Laughing cheers

I havent even looked at the weather yet. I figure it will change three times between now and Sunday. Ill check Thursday of Friday.
    bajamike207

Post by bajamike207 Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:51 am

i might have a large 30x 40 tarp i could donate. only used twice, no holes or rips . let me know
    allout1771
    allout1771

Post by allout1771 Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:30 am

Are we going to try tarping the track,at least the top half?
    rcracer207
    rcracer207
    Admin

Post by rcracer207 Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:22 am

At this point it looks like showers again on Sunday Sad Saturday looks good though. Maybe just another practice day on Saturday.
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:06 am

Frost is a concern ,came over this morning and the track was wet from frost. Sad The wind will help dry it up.
    If needed and the rain holds off Sunday ,i will delay the start of racing while the track dries.It suppose to be warmer the next couple of day so hopefully no frost Saturday night.Just have to wait an see.
    Watch for more updates about racing on this thread.

Sean
    rcracer207
    rcracer207
    Admin

Post by rcracer207 Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:25 pm

Latest weather looks like morning will be dry but wet in afternoon.
    If frosty in morning and we hold off for that we may run into rain in the afternoon. Can't win
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:37 pm

Nate
    If you have tarps i can borrow, i will use it.Tarps will have to be but down by the time i close tomorrow(Saturday).I have one ,but its not enough.

Also if needed i can do the 7-7-7 for Sunday.

Sean
    TeamAssociated_Kevin
    TeamAssociated_Kevin

Post by TeamAssociated_Kevin Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:30 am

Sean what does the track look like now? Is it dry? Looks like rain later in the day tomorrow, but just overcast in the morning. Might be able to get some racing in you think?
    rcracer207
    rcracer207
    Admin

Post by rcracer207 Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:31 pm

I dont have any tarps unfortunately. If I did I would be happy to donate them. Anyone else local have any?
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:10 pm

Kevin
    AS of right now ,racing is a GO! for Sunday racing.Racing starts at 10am.
    Reminder to all racers.please have your AMB/MYLAPS transponder number ready when you come in and register.

Sean
    bajamike207

Post by bajamike207 Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:01 pm

cant make it this weekend Sad ive got a 30 x 40 tarp i will give to you sean, might try to come up this coming week. the joys of home ownership... projects never end affraid

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:41 am