Maine-RC-Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Radio controlled racing

WWW.MAINERC.COM Welcome to the Maine R/C forum Register Today! WWW.MAINERC.COM

Clik on the Hobbyshops and Tracks links Please support your local hobby shop

Maximus R/C Raceway races every Wednesday night at 7 pm. & Saturdays at 5 pm

Evolution Hobbies and Raceway in Casco Maine. Outdoor Off Road Racing Sundays Spring Through Fall

GRANITE LEISURE TIME WEEKLY RACING ON FRIDAYS DOORS @ 5 RACING @ 7 AND SUNDAYS DOORS @ 12 RACING @ 1 PAN CAR, LEGENDS, SCT, 2WD BUGGY & VATERRA RALLY.

RAY & ROBBINS INDOOR OFF ROAD RACING TUESDAYS @ 6:30 ON ROAD RACING EVERY OTHER THURSDAY @ 6:30 (CALL STORE)

T&J R/C RACEWAY NOW OPEN IN WESTBROOK! INDOOR DIRT OVAL.

Latest topics

» for sale assoc. t5m stuff
Halloween Howler race postponed until Sunday November 6th at Evolution EmptySun May 06, 2018 3:32 pm by legend61

» dieing out ?
Halloween Howler race postponed until Sunday November 6th at Evolution EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 4:43 pm by bob.less13

» assoc.b5mbuggy
Halloween Howler race postponed until Sunday November 6th at Evolution EmptyTue Oct 10, 2017 11:23 pm by legend61

» looking to sell
Halloween Howler race postponed until Sunday November 6th at Evolution EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 5:05 pm by truck2552

» Thank you to all who attended
Halloween Howler race postponed until Sunday November 6th at Evolution EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 6:03 pm by iceman48

» This Sunday Sammy's Bash @ R&R's
Halloween Howler race postponed until Sunday November 6th at Evolution EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 10:50 am by iceman48

» One month to the first R&R bash 8-20-17
Halloween Howler race postponed until Sunday November 6th at Evolution EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 8:36 am by legend61

» assoc.b5m buggy
Halloween Howler race postponed until Sunday November 6th at Evolution EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 7:19 pm by truck2552

» Bash day August 20th @ Ray and Robins.
Halloween Howler race postponed until Sunday November 6th at Evolution EmptyFri Jun 02, 2017 5:54 pm by iceman48

UPCOMING R/C EVENTS

Ray & Robbins Hobby Center - Falmouth

RC Excitement - Fitchburg Mass.

Breakneck R/C - Livermore Falls

+4
rcman973
TeamAssociated_Kevin
Admin
Evolution Hobbies
8 posters

Halloween Howler race postponed until Sunday November 6th at Evolution

Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Halloween Howler race postponed until Sunday November 6th at Evolution Empty Halloween Howler race postponed until Sunday November 6th at Evolution

Post by Evolution Hobbies Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:44 am

Due to the storm coming this weekend i am postponing the Halloween Howler race until Sunday November 6th.I am posting this early so everyone knows instead of the last minute.Also for the ones who were bringing food.We will do it all on November 6th ,run the track in reverse direction and still do pot luck lunch!!Double points for that day as well.I will take a poll to see if you guys want to go a extra week in points again,so think about it and let me know on the 6th.

The shop will be open 11-3 Sunday no matter what.IF by chance the weather clears out enough for practice or a small none point race i am up for that.

Sean
    Evolution Hobbies and Raceway
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Halloween Howler race postponed until Sunday November 6th at Evolution Empty Re: Halloween Howler race postponed until Sunday November 6th at Evolution

Post by Evolution Hobbies Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:04 pm

Some have called already and ask about moving the race to a later time on Sunday.My answer to that is i can guarantee that the track will be ready.With the cool weather ,melting and drying make take more time to do.Its only going to be in the late 30's most of the day.So that is why i moved it to the following Sunday.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Halloween Howler race postponed until Sunday November 6th at Evolution Empty Re: Halloween Howler race postponed until Sunday November 6th at Evolution

Post by Admin Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:15 pm

You think you may get a little snow over there Sean! santa
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:33 pm

Admin

I would like to say no ,but it looks like its going happen.Depends on who you listen to 3" or more possible.Melting by mid day ,but not enough time for the track to dry out ,plus cool temps are not going helping the situation.
    TeamAssociated_Kevin
    TeamAssociated_Kevin

Post by TeamAssociated_Kevin Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:45 pm

Thats too bad Sean, was looking forward to the big event Sad
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:55 pm

Kevin
    Just have to wait a extra week.

Sean
    rcman973
    rcman973

Post by rcman973 Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:14 pm

Evolution Hobbies wrote:

Sean
    I dont see how waiting an extra week will help. If we get what they say, I don't see how it will all melt in a week and have enough time to dry out enough to run on. Sad
    TeamAssociated_Kevin
    TeamAssociated_Kevin

Post by TeamAssociated_Kevin Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:16 pm

Rain, then 4-6" of wet snow I heard. Prolly add 2" to that if you are near the Lake!
    rcracer207
    rcracer207
    Admin

Post by rcracer207 Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:16 pm

rcman973 wrote:
    Evolution Hobbies wrote:

Sean
    I dont see how waiting an extra week will help. If we get what they say, I don't see how it will all melt in a week and have enough time to dry out enough to run on. Sad

It wont last. Will prob be all melted by Sunday afternoon but the problem will be the wet track. This time of the year the track will just take to long to dry out to have racing. The snow wont stay the issue is just the water it will leave behind. Should be good to go for the 6th !!!!
    allout1771
    allout1771

Post by allout1771 Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:10 am

Maybe some practice today
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:56 pm

Just took one of the Arrma Raider buggy's out on track.It was still very wet and some puddles still around.Its to cool out for the puddle's to dry up like usual.
    The Raider was surprising quick with just a 6-cell 3000 nimh in it.Did not get a good chance to run it on the track but the suspension was good for being box stock.Different rear tires would be needed to race.
    smithracing32
    smithracing32

Post by smithracing32 Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:20 pm

how many nitro buggys do u guys have nrmally?
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:03 pm

Nitro class is a on and off class.One week i will have none and then another week i will have more than enough to make a full class.Some times i will mix electric and nitro's to have a full class of 1/8th.

Sean
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:29 pm

The weather report say's that Sunday the 6th will be in the low 50's and sunny.That report stays that way we will be making up the Halloween Howler Race!!!! cheers

Sean
    Evolution Hobbies
    rcman973
    rcman973

Post by rcman973 Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:28 pm

Hey Sean how much snow did ya get up there? We only got about 3-5 inches.
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:19 am

Jeff
    I think they said we had between 5-8,but by mid day Monday it looked more like 4".There's about 2" or less now and the track is less than 50%covered with snow.I would say by Thursday all snow will be gone if not most by tomorrow.I have some large puddles on the track that will need to be attended to.
    I may need help getting track ready for Sunday.Need to fix some rain damage,sweep the puddles and add some clay to the jump in the far lane to make it easier to jump it the reverse direction.Try to do that Saturday.

Sean
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:35 pm

Don't forget to set your clocks back an hour Saturday night November 5th.

Looks like we will be racing the Howler on Sunday November 6th!!!!!

I will be taking a poll Sunday at the race to see if the point series ends on the 6th. or extended one more week to get a full seven weeks in for the series.

Sean
    Evolution Hobbies and Raceway
    allout1771
    allout1771

Post by allout1771 Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:46 pm

How does the track look
    TeamAssociated_Kevin
    TeamAssociated_Kevin

Post by TeamAssociated_Kevin Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:43 pm

Sean get out there with a blow dryer and melt that snow! lol!
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:56 pm

Nate shoveled the snow that was on the top portion of the track were the sun doesn't get to it very well.The rest of the snow should melt in the next couple of days.the bottom portion of the track has no snow but some puddles i will work on tomorrow.Still should be ready to go Sunday.
    Flyingfinn#8
    Flyingfinn#8

Post by Flyingfinn#8 Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:13 pm

What time sunday can you get on the track??
    TeamAssociated_Kevin
    TeamAssociated_Kevin

Post by TeamAssociated_Kevin Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:30 pm

Hi Sean can you maybe give a track condition update tomorrow & Saturday? It's pretty dry where I am, where there has been sun. But in the shade it can be damp still, maybe even some snow.
    Evolution Hobbies
    Evolution Hobbies

Post by Evolution Hobbies Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:27 am

Track has NO snow on it!!the upper portion needs to dry more .The next couple of days will help it dry up.A low frost will help out a lot the next couple of mornings!
    Sunday looks like its going to be a good day out,low 50's and sunny.
    I may need help Sunday to fix some spots on the track and redo a jump to make it better for running in the reverse direction.

Also i will be taking a poll of the racers to see if they want to extend the point series one more week or end it Sunday.If we go one more week it will make a full 7 week point series,but it's up to the racers.
    The format will be 7/7/7.Two seven minute heats and one seven minute main!

flyingfinn#8
    Racing starts at 10,you can get on the track after 8:30 with electrics and after9 with nitro's.

Sean
    Evolution Hobbies

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 12:16 pm