Maine-RC-Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Radio controlled racing

WWW.MAINERC.COM Welcome to the Maine R/C forum Register Today! WWW.MAINERC.COM

Clik on the Hobbyshops and Tracks links Please support your local hobby shop

Maximus R/C Raceway races every Wednesday night at 7 pm. & Saturdays at 5 pm

Evolution Hobbies and Raceway in Casco Maine. Outdoor Off Road Racing Sundays Spring Through Fall

GRANITE LEISURE TIME WEEKLY RACING ON FRIDAYS DOORS @ 5 RACING @ 7 AND SUNDAYS DOORS @ 12 RACING @ 1 PAN CAR, LEGENDS, SCT, 2WD BUGGY & VATERRA RALLY.

RAY & ROBBINS INDOOR OFF ROAD RACING TUESDAYS @ 6:30 ON ROAD RACING EVERY OTHER THURSDAY @ 6:30 (CALL STORE)

T&J R/C RACEWAY NOW OPEN IN WESTBROOK! INDOOR DIRT OVAL.

Latest topics

» for sale assoc. t5m stuff
Race for a Cure - Page 8 EmptySun May 06, 2018 3:32 pm by legend61

» dieing out ?
Race for a Cure - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 4:43 pm by bob.less13

» assoc.b5mbuggy
Race for a Cure - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 10, 2017 11:23 pm by legend61

» looking to sell
Race for a Cure - Page 8 EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 5:05 pm by truck2552

» Thank you to all who attended
Race for a Cure - Page 8 EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 6:03 pm by iceman48

» This Sunday Sammy's Bash @ R&R's
Race for a Cure - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 10:50 am by iceman48

» One month to the first R&R bash 8-20-17
Race for a Cure - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 8:36 am by legend61

» assoc.b5m buggy
Race for a Cure - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 7:19 pm by truck2552

» Bash day August 20th @ Ray and Robins.
Race for a Cure - Page 8 EmptyFri Jun 02, 2017 5:54 pm by iceman48

UPCOMING R/C EVENTS

Ray & Robbins Hobby Center - Falmouth

RC Excitement - Fitchburg Mass.

Breakneck R/C - Livermore Falls

+24
airplane guy
catman
Fixerdude
Evolution Hobbies
pablo101
jlawjimbo
TeamAssociated_Kevin
nomadsalt
worstluck
teamcreat
scortchenscott
mooseknuckle
RAZORBURN
Uncle Ron
wheres_yogi
hemmy50@yahoo.com
comicguy6
dancingd
Ronbo
Lennydude
bajamike207
sharkman
mk900rr
iceman48
28 posters

Race for a Cure

bajamike207

Race for a Cure - Page 8 Empty Re: Race for a Cure

Post by bajamike207 Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:51 pm

dont want to beat a dead horse but... super props to everyone who came and raced for a cure! all you guys did an outstanding job. track only got better as the day went on. ron, john, mike k, rick , good show boys!! cheers had a blast. won a couple of cool prizes, cant wait for next event. im reading some talk of next race having a 5th scale class??? i was getting mixed messeges from sonny and ray about this ?? could have swore that sonny said NO 5th scale racing on that track this year?? some one please give me the official scoop on this. want everyone to be one the same page thats all. regards, mike scratch
    mk900rr
    mk900rr

Post by mk900rr Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:26 pm

Below is the press release that will be going to the Jimmy Fund and with any luck to the Portland and Southern Nh Newspapers. I think I've got the story right. If I missed anything I am sorry.

Race for a Cure
    7-22-2012
    Background:

I have a strange hobby. I at 44 years old race radio control trucks. We compete weekly, sometimes twice a week on large dirt race tracks throughout Maine, Massachusetts and New Hampshire. It is family atmosphere with many dads and sons racing together as well as daughters and some moms as well.

A fellow racer named Ron Perreault told me about a month ago about a race they were planning at the Sanford Me, Airport. He said the track isn’t even built yet but when complete would be a world class venue for radio control racing. He told me that another racer named John Bouchard was planning a practice / race event there on 7-22-2012 and it was going to be a charity race where all the earnings were going to be donated to a cause that was personally near and dear to his heart. He told me the cause was the Jimmy Fund. That was all I needed to hear. I told him about what we do at Papa Gino’s and he suggested that I call John to get involved. I spoke to John and I agreed to take over the registration duties and to handle the cash for the event. I also told him that we would provide the pizzas and drinks for the racers and spectators.

One week out:

It took a whole gang of people to put this together. Ray Labonte (Owner of Ray and Robin’s Hobby Center in Falmouth, Me) was the leader of the build team who consisted primarily of local racers Ron Perreault, John and Andrew Bouchard, and Rick Shepard. They build the track from the ground up at the Sanford Regional Airport.

Rick Shepard worked the phones to secure prizes and giveaways for the racers.

Ryan Pablo signed on to work the computer, lap counter, and microphone to mc the vent.

Ron Perreault was the designated race director, and I was the registration and money guy.

All of the above mentioned people promoted this race at local tracks, and on the internet via the Maine RC Forum (see the thread entitled “Race for a Cure”)

Four groups came together to provide support, trophies, cash, and prizes. In no special order, these four groups and businesses gave their all to make this work.

Cumberland County RC Club

Ray Labonte and Ray and Robin’s Hobby Center of Falmouth Maine

Heath Jackson and Maximus Hobby and RC Raceway of York and Kittery Maine

Sean Cormier and Evolution Hobby and Evolution Raceway

Race day 7-22-2012

The racers started to arrive at the track at 7:00 am. They came from as far away as Western Massachusetts as well as New Hampshire and Maine. They were overwhelmed with the huge new track that was built. This was the first time it was raced on and everyone had a great time. We ran six different classes of trucks, buggies, and truggies. The final heat sheets had 47 drivers racing 71 different trucks. All racers left with some prizes, many with trophies, and one man left with the coveted “King of the Race” trophy. Ron Perreault took home the award for his race wins and all the hard work that he personally put in to make the event happen.

After all the racing and trophies were handed out it was time to find out the real prize of the day. We counted the money and to our surprise, we had raised $1,829 for the Jimmy Fund. Not a bad day for a bunch of hobby enthusiasts out having the time of their lives doing what we most likely would have been doing anyway.

Special thanks to John Bouchard for the idea. His idea, but it took us all to make this happen.

Please share this with everyone whom may be interested in how to raise money for a cause they believe in. It is amazing to me how generous people are when they believe in something.

Mike Kleiner

General Manager Papa Gino’s

Lilac Mall Rochester , NH #312
    comicguy6
    comicguy6

Post by comicguy6 Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:02 pm

Race for a Cure - Page 8 Rc_pic13

pic of all trophys
    comicguy6
    comicguy6

Post by comicguy6 Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:18 pm

Race for a Cure - Page 8 Rc_pic14

A main 1/8 scale buggy race was sponsored by evolution hobbies
    results are as follows

1 Jim Edmonds 14 7:07
    2 Kevin Pesce 13 7:12
    3 Jim Lawrence 13 8:13
    4 Michael Mulcahey 12 7:13
    5 Neil Buiniskas 12 7:32
    6 Thumpahh Moody 10 6:40
    7 Gary Norton 9 8:06
    8 Brain Harrison 3 1:59
    comicguy6
    comicguy6

Post by comicguy6 Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:24 pm

Race for a Cure - Page 8 Rc_pic15

The 4x4 modified core truck was sponsored by evolution hobbies results are as follows

1 JIM EDMONDS 13 7:06
    2 CLINTON MORTON 13 7:19
    3 BILL LAWSON 13 7:22
    4 JIM LAWRENCE 13 7:23
    5 RON PERRAULT 13 7:25
    6 THUMPAHH MOODY 12 7:13
    7 HEATH LARRABEE 11 7:23
    8 SEAN MCUE 11 7:36
    comicguy6
    comicguy6

Post by comicguy6 Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:33 pm

Race for a Cure - Page 8 Rc_pic16

TRUGGY was sponsord my Maximus hobbies the results are as follows for a main

1 MOOSE MAINVILLE 13 7:24
    2 NEIL BUINISKAS 12 7:03
    3 LUKE GOODINE 12 7:25
    4 STEVE YELLULATER 11 7:13
    5 TRAVIS MICHAUD 11 7:15
    6 PETER FLANAGAN 9 7:01

Last edited by comicguy6 on Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    comicguy6
    comicguy6

Post by comicguy6 Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:41 pm

Race for a Cure - Page 8 Rc_pic17

Modified core truck was sponsored by Maximus hobbies the results are as follows

1 SCOTT MARTELL 11 7:17
    2 RYAN PABLO 11 7:39
    3 MIKE KLEINER 10 7:29
    4 MIKE LAPOINTE 9 7:37
    5 PETER FLANAGAN 5 7:36
    6 RICK SHEPARD 4 3:25 DNF
    comicguy6
    comicguy6

Post by comicguy6 Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:48 pm

Race for a Cure - Page 8 Rc_pic18

THE stock core truck was sponsored by Ray and Robbins the results are as follows

1 CLINTON MORTON 11 7:07
    2 RON PERRAULT 11 7:15
    3 MOOSE MAINVILLE 11 7:29
    4 HEATH LARRABEE 11 7:35
    5 TRAVIS MICHAUD 10 7:06
    6 SEAN MCUE 9 6:47 DNF
    7 RICK SHEPARD 7 5:08 DNF
    8 SCOTT MARTELL 4 3:56 DNF
    9 BRIAN HARRISON 3 2:22 DNF
    Uncle Ron
    Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:50 pm

mk900rr wrote:Below is the press release that will be going to the Jimmy Fund and with any luck to the Portland and Southern Nh Newspapers. I think I've got the story right. If I missed anything I am sorry.

Race for a Cure
    7-22-2012
    Background:

I have a strange hobby. I at 44 years old race radio control trucks. We compete weekly, sometimes twice a week on large dirt race tracks throughout Maine, Massachusetts and New Hampshire. It is family atmosphere with many dads and sons racing together as well as daughters and some moms as well.

A fellow racer named Ron Perreault told me about a month ago about a race they were planning at the Sanford Me, Airport. He said the track isn’t even built yet but when complete would be a world class venue for radio control racing. He told me that another racer named John Bouchard was planning a practice / race event there on 7-22-2012 and it was going to be a charity race where all the earnings were going to be donated to a cause that was personally near and dear to his heart. He told me the cause was the Jimmy Fund. That was all I needed to hear. I told him about what we do at Papa Gino’s and he suggested that I call John to get involved. I spoke to John and I agreed to take over the registration duties and to handle the cash for the event. I also told him that we would provide the pizzas and drinks for the racers and spectators.

One week out:

It took a whole gang of people to put this together. Ray Labonte (Owner of Ray and Robin’s Hobby Center in Falmouth, Me) was the leader of the build team who consisted primarily of local racers Ron Perreault, John and Andrew Bouchard, and Rick Shepard. They build the track from the ground up at the Sanford Regional Airport.

Rick Shepard worked the phones to secure prizes and giveaways for the racers.

Ryan Pablo signed on to work the computer, lap counter, and microphone to mc the vent.

Ron Perreault was the designated race director, and I was the registration and money guy.

All of the above mentioned people promoted this race at local tracks, and on the internet via the Maine RC Forum (see the thread entitled “Race for a Cure”)

Four groups came together to provide support, trophies, cash, and prizes. In no special order, these four groups and businesses gave their all to make this work.

Cumberland County RC Club

Ray Labonte and Ray and Robin’s Hobby Center of Falmouth Maine

Heath Jackson and Maximus Hobby and RC Raceway of York and Kittery Maine

Sean Cormier and Evolution Hobby and Evolution Raceway

Race day 7-22-2012

The racers started to arrive at the track at 7:00 am. They came from as far away as Western Massachusetts as well as New Hampshire and Maine. They were overwhelmed with the huge new track that was built. This was the first time it was raced on and everyone had a great time. We ran six different classes of trucks, buggies, and truggies. The final heat sheets had 47 drivers racing 71 different trucks. All racers left with some prizes, many with trophies, and one man left with the coveted “King of the Race” trophy. Ron Perreault took home the award for his race wins and all the hard work that he personally put in to make the event happen.

After all the racing and trophies were handed out it was time to find out the real prize of the day. We counted the money and to our surprise, we had raised $1,829 for the Jimmy Fund. Not a bad day for a bunch of hobby enthusiasts out having the time of their lives doing what we most likely would have been doing anyway.

Special thanks to John Bouchard for the idea. His idea, but it took us all to make this happen.

Please share this with everyone whom may be interested in how to raise money for a cause they believe in. It is amazing to me how generous people are when they believe in something.

Mike Kleiner

General Manager Papa Gino’s

Lilac Mall Rochester , NH #312
    I thank that is perfect. Great Job Mike cheers
    comicguy6
    comicguy6

Post by comicguy6 Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:52 pm

Race for a Cure - Page 8 Rc_pic19

The 1/10 scale buggy was sponsored by Ray and Robbins. unfortunately the results for this race have eluded me No

Last edited by comicguy6 on Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
    comicguy6
    comicguy6

Post by comicguy6 Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:55 pm

Race for a Cure - Page 8 Rc_pic20

The king of the race was awarded to uncle ron for his wins and his hard work
    comicguy6
    comicguy6

Post by comicguy6 Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:57 pm

i will have a complete list of sponsors listed as soon as i can
    dancingd
    dancingd

Post by dancingd Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:52 am

Sorry that I didn't stay to get my trophy and picture taken... Crying or Very sad Registered for the up coming race it Sept...
    scortchenscott
    scortchenscott

Post by scortchenscott Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:51 am

great job everyone ! I registerd for the sept. race also ! how come your camera maks me look old ? affraid
    pablo101
    pablo101

Post by pablo101 Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:55 pm

I finally got the race results uploaded from the Care for a cure event! Copy paste the below url

I'm happy to have been part of the event!!

http://www.jlaprm.com/cgi-bin/JLapViewResults.asp?WHERE=RPablo&DATE=07_22_2012

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:00 am