Maine-RC-Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Radio controlled racing

WWW.MAINERC.COM Welcome to the Maine R/C forum Register Today! WWW.MAINERC.COM

Clik on the Hobbyshops and Tracks links Please support your local hobby shop

Maximus R/C Raceway races every Wednesday night at 7 pm. & Saturdays at 5 pm

Evolution Hobbies and Raceway in Casco Maine. Outdoor Off Road Racing Sundays Spring Through Fall

GRANITE LEISURE TIME WEEKLY RACING ON FRIDAYS DOORS @ 5 RACING @ 7 AND SUNDAYS DOORS @ 12 RACING @ 1 PAN CAR, LEGENDS, SCT, 2WD BUGGY & VATERRA RALLY.

RAY & ROBBINS INDOOR OFF ROAD RACING TUESDAYS @ 6:30 ON ROAD RACING EVERY OTHER THURSDAY @ 6:30 (CALL STORE)

T&J R/C RACEWAY NOW OPEN IN WESTBROOK! INDOOR DIRT OVAL.

Latest topics

» for sale assoc. t5m stuff
the track is now open!!!! - Page 2 EmptySun May 06, 2018 3:32 pm by legend61

» dieing out ?
the track is now open!!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 4:43 pm by bob.less13

» assoc.b5mbuggy
the track is now open!!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 10, 2017 11:23 pm by legend61

» looking to sell
the track is now open!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 5:05 pm by truck2552

» Thank you to all who attended
the track is now open!!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 6:03 pm by iceman48

» This Sunday Sammy's Bash @ R&R's
the track is now open!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 10:50 am by iceman48

» One month to the first R&R bash 8-20-17
the track is now open!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 8:36 am by legend61

» assoc.b5m buggy
the track is now open!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 7:19 pm by truck2552

» Bash day August 20th @ Ray and Robins.
the track is now open!!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 02, 2017 5:54 pm by iceman48

UPCOMING R/C EVENTS

Ray & Robbins Hobby Center - Falmouth

RC Excitement - Fitchburg Mass.

Breakneck R/C - Livermore Falls

+23
TDBanker
yamaha
truck25
traxxaskid
Vergee
tjroux
Tondreau 180
bajamike207
Ottotunermann
RC4ME
freelife04239
localRCguy
Grizzjeeper
Big Twins
Admin
Kingfamily8
dedeye
jlawjimbo
Evolution Hobbies
Badmonkey
dancingd
graniteleisure
haynesn12
27 posters

the track is now open!!!!

jlawjimbo
    jlawjimbo

the track is now open!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: the track is now open!!!!

Post by jlawjimbo Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:23 pm

Everywhere out of state that ive been uses the AMB systems.
    graniteleisure
    graniteleisure

Post by graniteleisure Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:52 pm

dancingd wrote:
    graniteleisure wrote:
    jlawjimbo wrote:Yes we do use the new AMBrc system. We just dont have any handout transponders. Most of the people racing here have there own personal transponders. We rent personals to people that want to use one($Cool

How about the other tracks you have been racing, finding the majority are running the AMB as well?

Kevin,answer your phone... Laughing

Check you email, sent you my direct number.
    graniteleisure
    graniteleisure

Post by graniteleisure Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:56 pm

We just had a succesful run using it, seems like the AMB has more perks then this system does. Just concerned on the costs of the transponders for new people.
    Kingfamily8
    Kingfamily8

Post by Kingfamily8 Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:18 pm

I think you guys did a great job on the track! I havent been inside it yet myself but the pictures look realy good! You guys work really hard! I can't wait for the next time we stop by so we can check it out. Again great job!

Derick
    Tiffany
    Angel
    graniteleisure
    graniteleisure

Post by graniteleisure Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:42 pm

Did you get the forward only working? When I came back out you were gone.
    Let one of us know when you come by and you will get the tour.

Thanks
    graniteleisure
    graniteleisure

Post by graniteleisure Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:42 pm

dedeye wrote:Paul Worosz

AMB i.t.

3200 Highlands Parkway

Suite 104

Smyrna, GA 30082

678-816-4000 ext. 307

678-816-4001

Thanks
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

the track is now open!!!! - Page 2 Empty AMB

Post by Admin Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:56 pm

graniteleisure wrote:We just had a succesful run using it, seems like the AMB has more perks then this system does. Just concerned on the costs of the transponders for new people.
    I think in the end the AMB system is the way to go, it may cost more now but if you think you ever want to host a BIG trophy race or any kind of sanctioned race,,Roar-RC Pro etc.... you will need an AMB system, Look around at what the newer AMB RC systems are selling for used(if you can find one) if you make the investment in the AMB and things dont work out for you than you can allways sell it, plus with J-lap or some of the other programs designed for AMB will virtually run your race for you and allow you to post the race results online for your racers, also factor in the fact that you dont have to chase your transponders around,,In My opinion(you know what they say about opinions! Laughing ) AMB is the only way to go
    graniteleisure
    graniteleisure

Post by graniteleisure Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:06 pm

Point is well taken I have been doing more investigation and was glad to get the contact info so we can follow up before we go to far with the other system. Thanks for the input, been very helpful.

On the ROAR, are you members of the club, K2 gave me a form this afternoon that offers liability insurance and other benefits, just not sure if all racers at teh place need to join like AMA has it. I have not heard many of the surface guys comment on this like the flying guys do.
    Kingfamily8
    Kingfamily8

Post by Kingfamily8 Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:12 pm

graniteleisure wrote:Did you get the forward only working? When I came back out you were gone.
    Let one of us know when you come by and you will get the tour.

Thanks

i know it was a short visit. The first time we were there there i had to leave because Angel had a doctors appointment. The second time i hade to hurry because tiffany had to bring Angel and i home so she could go to school. No i diddent get the forward only working because we couldent find it on the self. I just got the regular gears for it. Tour sounds good!

Derick
    Tiffany
    Angel
    Big Twins
    Big Twins

the track is now open!!!! - Page 2 Empty Track

Post by Big Twins Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:09 pm

For a new place from people who have never been in R/C racing and just starting, this is mind blowing for all of the thought and time and money put into a building. Understand that these people are just trying to provide something for everyone, the entire family, not just on class of people. Right now their working on carpet due to the time of year, but trust me their heart lies with dirt! For all you dirt people understand they can only do so much so quick. And who cares if its the biggest or who sends the most money. Who wants to go to different places to just run the same track with the same size turns and jumps etc..
    Thats what makes us drivers travel to experience new tracks and differnt enviroments. GLT Thank you for providing another place to race and enjoy.
    Grizzjeeper

the track is now open!!!! - Page 2 Empty Amb, Trakmate and programs

Post by Grizzjeeper Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:59 pm

Just some insight on the setup at GLT and to help clear up any confusion as to why and future plans.

AMBrc IS the standard, AMBrc will read AMB20 transponders but tracks running old amb20 won’t read the personal transponders. I do not know what everybody has. I have also heard that if people are running the 20's then they should only run those transponders for that race and not intermingle with the personal transponders.

As far as the features, well that’s all in the software. They are both compatible with whatever software you want to run to offer the same features. They are running the iridium software now and are in the trials stages.

The track is setup so if and when we switch to AMB we will be able to accommodate and still use the same software.

The obvious benefits are cost. the initial setup is MUCH less and each transponder is much less. So depending on how well this goes will dictate what direction they ultimately go in.

As far as someone complaining about the track or the setup, I am baffled. When is the last time you have seen a STARTUP company look like this an d have this much inventory and options? This is just the beginning guys!
    localRCguy

Post by localRCguy Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:44 pm

Speaking from experiences outside of the RC world.

What do you call a bad idea with tons of money thrown into it?? Still a bad idea... ( just a little joke

I guess the concept is great, but from what I gather looking at the few pictures online is:

1. The rock wall looks likes something I could give a 4 year old to negotiate with his walmart RC truck ( not a serious rock course ) Using a pile of wood would be more challenging.

2. Track looks very versitile but, doesnt look like anything great will become of it ( we will leave this one up in the air for now ) Could have great things, could never be used to it's full potential, all up to the owners

3. The idea of an indoor Dirt course sounds awsome! But will they take input from the outside or be close minded and do what they want. ( this will ultimately lead to failure ) Learning from ones mistakes and others mistakes and changing with the times and taking input from many will lead to sucess!

4. As far as the timing system goes, wouldnt you want to run what EVERYONE else is running so that makes it easier and cheaper for everyone to come run with you guys? Why be different when it comes to this. You've already spent enough money to buy a small country somewhere, whats $5,000 to $8,000 for a timing system?

Getting input from the RC community should have been part of your business plan from the word go... if people want an indoor dirt RC track, wouldnt you want to accomidate that? If people decided they wanted a banked carpet oval, wouldnt you want to accomidate that? Put it to a vote for your customers. These are the people that will be making or breaking your business, and as I've stated before, listening to your customers will lead to sucess.

Just my 2 cents, i've heard alot about this, but havent seen it in person. Pictures, people, and forum threads dont lie.

All in all this has the potential to be great. Wether it is or not is up to the owners, and whom ever is in charge.

One last thing:
    "Most events are scheduled for 4 hour periods, special weekends differ. Admission fees and sign in for racers and spectators are required at each and every event.
    Our intention is to create a facility that you and your kids can come and enjoy and get some family fun in."

You are going to charge admission for spectators? Good way to get people interested into the hobby by charging someone to bring his/her family. What are your charges for admission for spectators?
    Badmonkey
    Badmonkey

Post by Badmonkey Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:50 pm

if you think the wall is that eazy come on down and try.

we are not charging for admission.

ther are a lot of plp that run carpet and have nothing but good to say but hey you dont like so we will go chang if for you.

we got the counting set up for the mini's on the 4th not for the track but if we can use it and save a fue bucks then hey why not
    its not like we are saying you have to buy it now are we.
    at some time down the road we may buy a new set up but as you may know money dose not grow on trees.

when did any one say we wher going to build a in door dirt track i naver herd that.
    we have a dirt track that we use all the time its not the best but hay its all we have for now.

and its good to try new things runing on dirt all summer is fun but in the winter why not try something new.

we did get a lot of input from a lot of plp just becuse we did not do evething plp wanted us to do now we have to take all the guff from all you guys that are not happy well im sry for that and if you dont like it dont come.

Have a nice night
    freelife04239
    freelife04239

Post by freelife04239 Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:05 am

hay im happy i was already looking for a cheap pan car ill be there this winter for sure
    RC4ME
    RC4ME

Post by RC4ME Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:02 am

I have read "Dont like it then dont come here" a few times now Bad Monkey,are you one of the owners? thats an interesting approach to gaining a customer base for a new and impressive looking business.
    People are going to react in different ways when they see something new,the old saying you cant please eveyone holds true,but the dont like it tuff sh-- attitude will not work ,people have opinions,,dont take it to heart! nice place you got there
    Badmonkey
    Badmonkey

Post by Badmonkey Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:45 am

no im not but i put a lot of hard work in to geting it going and i dont see why plp have to belittle outher plp hard work.

and if you look at most of my post you will see at the botom it will say

THANKS DON V not kevin.

and most of it is comeing from plp that have never ben ther and thats just not right.

kevin is such a nice guy and what he had done her is a good thing for the rc world her in maine.

i know some plp may not like what im saying and thats fine
    i may come off hard and thats fine with me if you know me you would see i would give you the shart off my back i im willing to help any one thats needs it in all most any way i can and thats how this hobby shoud be.
    but i dont think some plp get that.

Have a nice Don V
    localRCguy

Post by localRCguy Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:52 am

Think you missed the entire point of my post. And I guess you just made my statements even more concrete. Being closed minded and saying if people dont like it to bad, will utimately fail. You cant please everyone, but taking peoples ideas into consideration ( more so than you have ) would be better for your business. Remember those people paying to come race there are your customers and are the ones paying your bills. If you want to keep it going, you need to change with the times and keep people interested.
    Ottotunermann

the track is now open!!!! - Page 2 Empty When your track is done. Leave a real comment.

Post by Ottotunermann Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:37 am

Tondreau 180 wrote:my dirt track would be inside.

I very much doubt you will ever open a track let alone inside with dirt or otherwise. The planning and operating is very complex and not all fame and fortune.
    freelife04239
    freelife04239

Post by freelife04239 Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:29 pm

First off who are we to give this guy so much crap what has he realy done wrong.Have you ever been to the shop or seen the new building in person. This thread is just crazy untill you try out the new place and see how he acts in person just bite your tung realy i would have told you all to F off already with all the money and time he invested its not like he is renting a builing he had this place built for this.This hobby is for fun not for starting arguments on the internet so come on guys grow up. Evil or Very Mad
    bajamike207

Post by bajamike207 Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:58 pm

good day all! i was looking at this thread and this place has potential, but you have to go with what is popular rite now. i race a slash down in portland, berwick, and litchfield and the offroad is way more popular than pan cars .if there was an indoor dirt track, i know there would be people down this way would be interested!! amb system is the way to go because its accecpted anywere, the slash/short course classes are big down here, we get around 10 or so every week,and we run a summer series called( The Maine RC series)the tunouts are great (40+ entries ) at each event.. yuo all should check it out . thophies, bbq, prizes .. good times ... remember, if you build it and build it well, WE WILL RACE!! p.s. if someone wants to please a bunch gearheads, build a baja track!!! regards, mike
    Big Twins
    Big Twins

Post by Big Twins Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:33 pm

Just so everyone knows, The guys at GLT Motorsports Plan on running slash races. They have set up the track and are still working on a course inside to run thous indoor dirt trucks, but - the dirt. They have built jumps and turns etc.. to run inside. This building is for all to run. These people are not closed minded, It's that you all asume that this all they're doing. With lack of info people make wrong assumtions of what they are trying to do. LOCALRCGUY I understand if you dont like something make suggestions, but please dont insult and belittle what they are trying to do, that doesnt help anyone and looks bad all around. Try using better tac to your suggestion.

You truely need to see this place to beleave what is really going on there. This is to get all involve, THE FAMILY.

Thank you all.
    Tondreau 180
    Tondreau 180

Post by Tondreau 180 Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:35 pm

whatever. i lnow it may sound mean but they couldve done alot differently.
    tjroux
    tjroux

Post by tjroux Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:55 pm

I agree. Dont knock it till you try it! I currently only have a slash truck, but plan on adding a pan car to my arsenoal. Maybe a rock crawler?
    freelife04239
    freelife04239

Post by freelife04239 Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:41 pm

Tondreau 180 wrote:whatever. i lnow it may sound mean but they couldve done alot differently.

This is how you feel but if they did it your way people woud say the same thing your saying .

"they couldve done alot differently"

You can never make every one happy so just get over it and have fun or dont go to the track its your choice
    bajamike207

Post by bajamike207 Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:49 pm

this track you guys have been jawing about , is it dirt or carpet with jumps ??

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:09 am