Maine-RC-Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Radio controlled racing

WWW.MAINERC.COM Welcome to the Maine R/C forum Register Today! WWW.MAINERC.COM

Clik on the Hobbyshops and Tracks links Please support your local hobby shop

Maximus R/C Raceway races every Wednesday night at 7 pm. & Saturdays at 5 pm

Evolution Hobbies and Raceway in Casco Maine. Outdoor Off Road Racing Sundays Spring Through Fall

GRANITE LEISURE TIME WEEKLY RACING ON FRIDAYS DOORS @ 5 RACING @ 7 AND SUNDAYS DOORS @ 12 RACING @ 1 PAN CAR, LEGENDS, SCT, 2WD BUGGY & VATERRA RALLY.

RAY & ROBBINS INDOOR OFF ROAD RACING TUESDAYS @ 6:30 ON ROAD RACING EVERY OTHER THURSDAY @ 6:30 (CALL STORE)

T&J R/C RACEWAY NOW OPEN IN WESTBROOK! INDOOR DIRT OVAL.

Latest topics

» for sale assoc. t5m stuff
the track is now open!!!! - Page 4 EmptySun May 06, 2018 3:32 pm by legend61

» dieing out ?
the track is now open!!!! - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 4:43 pm by bob.less13

» assoc.b5mbuggy
the track is now open!!!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 10, 2017 11:23 pm by legend61

» looking to sell
the track is now open!!!! - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 5:05 pm by truck2552

» Thank you to all who attended
the track is now open!!!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 6:03 pm by iceman48

» This Sunday Sammy's Bash @ R&R's
the track is now open!!!! - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 10:50 am by iceman48

» One month to the first R&R bash 8-20-17
the track is now open!!!! - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 8:36 am by legend61

» assoc.b5m buggy
the track is now open!!!! - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 7:19 pm by truck2552

» Bash day August 20th @ Ray and Robins.
the track is now open!!!! - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 02, 2017 5:54 pm by iceman48

UPCOMING R/C EVENTS

Ray & Robbins Hobby Center - Falmouth

RC Excitement - Fitchburg Mass.

Breakneck R/C - Livermore Falls

+23
TDBanker
yamaha
truck25
traxxaskid
Vergee
tjroux
Tondreau 180
bajamike207
Ottotunermann
RC4ME
freelife04239
localRCguy
Grizzjeeper
Big Twins
Admin
Kingfamily8
dedeye
jlawjimbo
Evolution Hobbies
Badmonkey
dancingd
graniteleisure
haynesn12
27 posters

the track is now open!!!!

Big Twins
    Big Twins

the track is now open!!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: the track is now open!!!!

Post by Big Twins Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:14 pm

Get a car and it will be like the old days, of racing. Jason is coming home for a couple of days sometime this month. He is going to come to the new track and check it. The track has been changed, ice is in and all measured out looking good. They also have the road course set up looking great.

Gary
    truck25
    truck25

Post by truck25 Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:52 am

don't think that i will be doing any racing i have my truck up for sale. jon
    dancingd
    dancingd

Post by dancingd Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:38 am

truck25 wrote:don't think that i will be doing any racing i have my truck up for sale. jon
    Come on John....You got to start racing before you stop racing... Laughing
    Will be up there next Saturday to practice...
    freelife04239
    freelife04239

Post by freelife04239 Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:55 am

I have an AE pan car in the mail cant wait to get it ready and come try it out
    truck25
    truck25

Post by truck25 Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:03 pm

dennis i though that it would be fun but now i don't think soi would not be able to keep up with up all the lipo's and brushless. so better to sell now then later.ithink just watching is the best thing for now.
    jon vashon
    ps dennis next week is the long john at unity
    haynesn12
    haynesn12

Post by haynesn12 Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:58 am

well i put sme foamies on my touring car the other day so i could have something to run while it's road course and not oval. i must say it was alot of fun. the 9.5 brushless may be a little overkill but the car straight up hooks. pete,k2 and i had a lil race yesterday and it was alot of fun.
    dancingd
    dancingd

Post by dancingd Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:27 pm

truck25 wrote:dennis i though that it would be fun but now i don't think soi would not be able to keep up with up all the lipo's and brushless. so better to sell now then later.ithink just watching is the best thing for now.
    jon vashon

I won't be up till Saturday...So I won't beable to go to the race on Friday..
    yamaha
    yamaha

Post by yamaha Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:20 pm

hey guys nice to see the track is all done cant wait to see it. the last time i saw it you were just laying the carpet. i just picked up a ft associated rc18 t and was wondering if there was anyone else running these up there.
    graniteleisure
    graniteleisure

Post by graniteleisure Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:17 am

yamaha wrote:hey guys nice to see the track is all done cant wait to see it. the last time i saw it you were just laying the carpet. i just picked up a ft associated rc18 t and was wondering if there was anyone else running these up there.

I have an 18R, you are more then welcome to take a trip up. We have no set schedule just yet. We are working with a few groups of people to get things scheduled. Some of the flying guys would like blocks and they are doing some polling this week. We have been running Oval track from late Sunday afternoon, Monday and Tuesday. On Wednesday we change to road course and usually keep it until Sunday. This week we are altering this because we have some COT cars that would like to run on Saturday.

Please feel free to let us know what you prefer, you can email me at kevin@granite-corp.com or K2@graniteleisuretime.com

I know a few guys have Associated and a few were just sold but I am to sure who has what at this point. I have noticed many people are running different things and vehicles that go well are getting popular to others.
    dancingd
    dancingd

Post by dancingd Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:24 pm

dancingd wrote:
    truck25 wrote:dennis i though that it would be fun but now i don't think soi would not be able to keep up with up all the lipo's and brushless. so better to sell now then later.ithink just watching is the best thing for now.
    jon vashon

Changed my mind...Heading up there today...Its going to rain and I'm not going to put up siding...Need a break...
    graniteleisure
    graniteleisure

Post by graniteleisure Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:46 am

jon vashon

Build a Legend car, run the SC10, D came up early and ran the road course Friday night, he had a ball, might not want to admit to it but he was smiling from ear to ear (got himself caught up between two trucks). He and Gary really hooked us on this, built some legends on the fly today and ran a few tonight, should have four tomorrow night and two more guys will be building them this week. You got to take the plunge. I owe you guys a coffee, saw the tail lights once I got out there, sorry was just a little busier then normal.
    Thanks for coming by, see you soon I hope
    graniteleisure
    graniteleisure

Post by graniteleisure Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:49 am

dancingd wrote:
    dancingd wrote:
    jon vashon

Changed my mind...Heading up there today...Its going to rain and I'm not going to put up siding...Need a break...

Once again thanks for a good day, was nice to see you again. No worries, I was able to run and pay K2 back this evening, sidelined him with a soldering job. I think you can tell Gary has been faithful with us weekly to try and get thing prepared, very glad you liked the new shape to the oval and we will work on the blocks this week.
    Thanks again for a great time, as you can see the racing went on after you left, have not been home for long.
    dancingd
    dancingd

Post by dancingd Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:14 pm

graniteleisure wrote:
    dancingd wrote:
    dancingd wrote:
    jon vashon

Once again thanks for a good day, was nice to see you again. No worries, I was able to run and pay K2 back this evening, sidelined him with a soldering job. I think you can tell Gary has been faithful with us weekly to try and get thing prepared, very glad you liked the new shape to the oval and we will work on the blocks this week.
    Thanks again for a great time, as you can see the racing went on after you left, have not been home for long.

I'm very happy the way the connors are...The more compound we can get on the track the faster the cars are going to be...
    How did things go today???? There was a person asking about a track around Bangor,I sent him your address on the web sight so he can check your track out....

Hope to see you guys in two weeks...Still haven't found my spoiler.. Crying or Very sad

www.hdpro4.com
    www.teantrinity.com
    www.graniteleisure.com
    graniteleisure
    graniteleisure

Post by graniteleisure Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:37 pm

Had a great time again today, we ran the Road course for Stadim until 5 PM. We went to oval at 5:30, just got home, we had all three COT, Legend and 13.5, one of the guys had a 17.5, but was just him so he did not run it. K2 broke down and now has legend as well, Ben helped him paint it tonight, came out nice.
    freelife04239
    freelife04239

Post by freelife04239 Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:38 pm

Sound like things are working out good there. Has the rock wall seen much use. Cant wait to get over there and try it all out
    graniteleisure
    graniteleisure

Post by graniteleisure Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:43 pm

freelife04239 wrote:Sound like things are working out good there. Has the rock wall seen much use. Cant wait to get over there and try it all out

We had a few guys Jim from Sparetime sent over, they ran a few packs and liked it. A bunch of us ran a few packs on it yesterday, I was able to get to the top on a few areas but not on some, going to keep working on it. Haynes made it up the steep part but his tires are a little oversized and I think it made the difference.
    haynesn12
    haynesn12

Post by haynesn12 Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:46 pm

yea the extra clearance from the chisels did help but i think alot of makin the waterfall was wheelspeed. i am a huge fan of having a crawler with a good amount of wheelspeed. the torsion chassis worked very well although i need to play with my torsion links a little to get the "suspension" to my liking and add a new dig and some new comp rims and then it'll really perform. and hopefully i can get my pan cars working again tuesday night. the track is now open!!!! - Page 4 Icon_twisted
    Big Twins
    Big Twins

Post by Big Twins Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:39 pm

Dont worry we will get the pan car running faster then everyone else Tuesday. Very Happy
    What a weekend, road course to oval, trucks to 13.5 to spec cot to legend, rock crawling, what else can we pack into one weekend..... Had lots of fun but was crazy all at the same time. Cant wait to do it all over again.

Denis cant wait for you to come up again. Also cant wait to see the video on Utube, oh was that my car going by LOL Laughing

Oh ya did get the paint of the nose of your car Denis. K2 has forgoten?????
    dancingd
    dancingd

Post by dancingd Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:09 pm

Big Twins wrote:Dont worry we will get the pan car running faster then everyone else Tuesday. Very Happy
    What a weekend, road course to oval, trucks to 13.5 to spec cot to legend, rock crawling, what else can we pack into one weekend..... Had lots of fun but was crazy all at the same time. Cant wait to do it all over again.

Denis cant wait for you to come up again. Also cant wait to see the video on Utube, oh was that my car going by LOL Laughing

Oh ya did get the paint of the nose of your car Denis. K2 has forgoten?????
    If he didn't stop in the connor,I wouldn't have paint on the nose of my car...lol
    Big Twins
    Big Twins

Post by Big Twins Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:18 pm

Was able to climb the wall at the hardest spot behind Haynsen12 in the waterfall, with the slightly mod crawler. Was very happy and suprised with the results. Cant wait to get more crawlers out there and get a comp on and see what that is like. What a differnt pace. Have run oval for almost 20 years, going fast was the only concern, now going slow is the key. Wow its a must try if you havent, love all types of racing.
    graniteleisure
    graniteleisure

Post by graniteleisure Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:05 pm

We can turn the water on and see how you do next time, I look at your run as "A DRY RUN" and you know the nickname we have for you for doing it this way, don't make me take it public
    freelife04239
    freelife04239

Post by freelife04239 Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:56 am

this place is a blast. I had so much fun there today running the crawler and the minni slash . I cant wait for 2 weeks when i get time to go back. The guys that run this place are great
    haynesn12
    haynesn12

Post by haynesn12 Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:37 pm

it was good to meet you there yesterday man. that lil slash as pretty fast. i wish i wouldn't of been so tired so we could crawled together but hey maybe next time you are down.
    freelife04239
    freelife04239

Post by freelife04239 Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:50 pm

Hay no problem ill be down again for sure. This time ill bring my mess of a pan car to get some help from you guys or see if its somthing some one wants lol
    graniteleisure
    graniteleisure

Post by graniteleisure Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:53 pm

We can offer some help, not an issue, might work out and make it a fun filled day if you come on Sunday's, nice variety

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 9:44 pm